Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Dexter Strickland, the invisible man?

ESPN Boxscore

How's this for a stat line?
    26 minutes 0-1 FG 0-0 FT 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 steals 0 turnovers 0 fouls
    Did Dexter pull a Kobe on the Heels?

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/may...schke-20100516

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Maybe a new boxscore designation?
    DNP -- Player's decision
    I have to call IT. The coffee I just spewed all over my computer may have ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    I give him a pass, too. I feel bad for kids who grow up in the spotlight when everything they say is forever enshrined on youtube. There are no free passes. Lord knows I make off color jokes all the time that I pray never end up on the internet. While it wasn't a particularly nice comment, Reggie was only playing off of Kyrie and the other guys. Maybe it crossed a line, but it was in jest. He also doesn't strike me as being particularly punkish on the court, either. Plus, he apologized.

I'd also like to add that as long as Reggie continues to lead his team to an NIT appearance, he will be one of my favorite non-Duke players =).
    Ethics 101: Don't say anything that you would be embarassed to see live on forever on the internet. Saying some comments once is a pass, but if somone gives you advice to tone it down and you ignore the advice then you don't get another free pass.

Can someone help me ...

Quote Originally Posted by mdj View Post
    I wonder if anybody keeps club trillionaire records? I would think 26 trillion would have to be real close to the record. To think one lousy air ball may have cost Dexter his place in history.
    26 minutes 0-1 FG 0-0 FT 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 steals 0 turnovers 0 fouls

I keep counting (what would have been) 10 zeros with 26 in front of it. Isn't that 260,000,000,000 which is 260 Billion?

I did not do well in my one math class in college.

Orange&BlackSheep

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlackSheep View Post

I keep counting (what would have been) 10 zeros with 26 in front of it. Isn't that 260,000,000,000 which is 260 Billion?

I did not do well in my one math class in college.

Orange&BlackSheep
    Blocks and offensive rebounds

Orange and Black Sheep's matematical acumen seems intact to me, despite his insistence that he didn't do well on his one math class in college.

Somebody's gonna need to 'splain where the "trillion with a T" came from.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Oh. And now I see that Wander answered the question before I posted. Oops.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Orange and Black Sheep's matematical acumen seems intact to me, despite his insistence that he didn't do well on his one math class in college.

Somebody's gonna need to 'splain where the "trillion with a T" came from.
    billion from bi = 2
    trillion from tri = 3
    quadrillion from quad = 4
    etc.

Or, did you just set me up?

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    billion from bi = 2
    trillion from tri = 3
    quadrillion from quad = 4
    etc.

Or, did you just set me up?

ricks
    I guess I don't read so well either, and set myself up.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Roy must be feeling pretty boxed in right now...
    Its not like can tag-up with Steve Robinson on the sideline and walk away for some unspecified "treatment" for a while...
    Oh the karma over K's back would be most bitter to swallow indeed....

Hes pretty much stuck and has to keep taking it.

On a more serious note.. I hope Roy is managing his stress levels. Its generally seen as a trigger for poor health and after the summer HE had... well. I wish the man no illness just a long and happy retirement...

Wait a minute... If Williams retires they might make a run @ Brad Stevens before we are ready to offer him...
    errr uhhh... can I change it to "I wish Roy limited middling success until K retires?"
    Unc only hires UNC alums and Hubert Davis is the coach in waiting over there. Besides i thought you guys were gonna make a run at the Other Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post

Blocks and offensive rebounds

Stat sheets typically also have columns for three-point field goals made and attempted, so Dexter's line (but for the airball) actually would be a 2.6 quadrillion.

Apparently, this was the advice that Roy gave to Dexter just before sending him into the game.
    Last edited by Tom B.; 01-11-2013 at 03:07 PM.

But then there are the intangibles.

How do you put a number on those?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    But then there are the intangibles.

How do you put a number on those?
    D. Strickland... Intangibles: 0

Quote Originally Posted by newclasspack View Post
    Unc only hires UNC alums and Hubert Davis is the coach in waiting over there. Besides i thought you guys were gonna make a run at the Other Rivers
    So far, I have to say I LIKE what Hubert has brought to the staff. I hope he keeps it rolling longer than Matty D did..
    I hadnt heard about serious interest from or in Doc to that regard...

Stevens fits the profile to a TEE.
    Young - seasoned program builder/recruiter at a small private institution..

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    So far, I have to say I LIKE what Hubert has brought to the staff. I hope he keeps it rolling longer than Matty D did..
    I hadnt heard about serious interest from or in Doc to that regard...

Stevens fits the profile to a TEE.
    Young - seasoned program builder/recruiter at a small private institution..
    You guys would be remiss not to. Doc said he didn't want to coach in teh NBA against his son not that he didn't want to coach period, Spender Rivers is projecting to be a even better prospect than Austin and The would certainly shore up the issue of not getting Athletic black players (though guys did strike gold with next years class in that regard). Also that means More Callie Rivers sitings which i'm never mad at.. even if she is dating Dexter Strickland... which .. how?

You guys would be remiss not to. Doc said he didn't want to coach in teh NBA against his son not that he didn't want to coach period, Spender Rivers is projecting to be a even better prospect than Austin and The would certainly shore up the issue of not getting Athletic black players (though guys did strike gold with next years class in that regard). Also that means More Callie Rivers sitings which i'm never mad at.. even if she is dating Dexter Strickland... which .. how?
    I thought we kind of struck gold with that with Quinn Cook, Rasheed Sulaimon, Amile Jefferson (cough cough)...

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I thought we kind of struck gold with that with Quinn Cook, Rasheed Sulaimon, Amile Jefferson (cough cough)...
    Quinn and Amile aren't super athletic. they are athletic enough by D1 standards but Quinn plays excellent in the system and just knows the game. Amile is the same one. Rasheed is a Freak though. I'd hate to see him in the open court on D.

Quinn and Amile aren't super athletic. they are athletic enough by D1 standards but Quinn plays excellent in the system and just knows the game. Amile is the same one. Rasheed is a Freak though. I'd hate to see him in the open court on D.
    ncp, i have a friend who is a UNC alum and whined that "Am I really going to have to watch the NIT again? Please don't make me watch the NIT again". I told him that the Heels might not even make the NIT, since you have to finish with a winning record. He said they were 10-4 (actually they're 10-5). I said that UNC was likely to lose both games to Duke and likely to lose both vs NCSU. So, from what i saw from UNC last night, yes i believe they could lose both to State, tho i haven't watched a whole State game this year. Since you know more about State than i do, what do you think State's chances are of taking both from UNC?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    the Heels might not even make the NIT, since you have to finish with a winning record.
    As of 2006, when the NCAA purchased the NIT, you no longer have to have a winning record to compete in the NIT. This has been discussed numerous times here.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    ncp, i have a friend who is a UNC alum and whined that "Am I really going to have to watch the NIT again? Please don't make me watch the NIT again". I told him that the Heels might not even make the NIT, since you have to finish with a winning record. He said they were 10-4 (actually they're 10-5). I said that UNC was likely to lose both games to Duke and likely to lose both vs NCSU. So, from what i saw from UNC last night, yes i believe they could lose both to State, tho i haven't watched a whole State game this year. Since you know more about State than i do, what do you think State's chances are of taking both from UNC?
    Yes but not blow outs and we could catch an L at the Dome.. Just because Roy Hates us. UNC fans may not act like the rivalry isn't real but Roy Makes it a point to let his players know they don't lose to us. so they aren't gonna lay down and die for us it will be a Fight... That being said. Warren was Recruited By UNC and the next day after his visit committed to us (same thing happened with the '14 Martin Twins this year). Lorenzo Brown Straight does not like UNC. So we aren't gonna come into those games with the thought of hey were are better this year. we will want to dominate.