Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Death, Taxes, Duke Basketball Players hurting their feet. Get well soon Ryan
    The REAL Duke Curse.
    ~rthomas

Starting the old, reliable "six weeks from now is when" routine. Got it down pat by now.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Starting the old, reliable "six weeks from now is when" routine. Got it down pat by now.
    So you picked 6 weeks and picked Ryan? Very shrewd.

I picked Josh Hairston, right ankle, and a boot for 3 weeks. But what do I know?

Maybe it just seems like there are more foot injuries at Duke than at other places because we follow Duke so closely, but it sure does seem that way! IIRC, didn't a practice floor get replaced after the Trajan Langdon years because that floor was thought to be a contributing factor to Trajan's injuries?r

In any event, I too hope that Ryan isn't seriously injured, and doesn't get seriously injured. I admire him greatly.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    So you picked 6 weeks and picked Ryan? Very shrewd.

I picked Josh Hairston, right ankle, and a boot for 3 weeks. But what do I know?
    tyler thornton...in the kitchen...with the lead pipe?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    tyler thornton...in the kitchen...with the lead pipe?
    Nate James...in the world of Nate James...with the Nate James?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Nate James...in the world of Nate James...with the Nate James?
    Is that legal???

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    sportscenter reported xray was inconclusive (which pretty much means it's not broken, I would think) and that he'd have an mri tomorrow
    I'm certainly no doctor, but when I fractured my heel a few months back, they did an X-Ray and said they saw "an inconsistency," but they were unwilling to commit to what it actually meant. They thought it was fractured, but for a non-displaced hairline fracture, an X-Ray is unable to fully detect it. They gave me a CT Scan, and that picked it up.

Mind you, I'm not saying Kelly's foot is broken, I have literally no idea, just that an X-Ray can't really rule out a whole lot of injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I'm certainly no doctor, but when I fractured my heel a few months back, they did an X-Ray and said they saw "an inconsistency," but they were unwilling to commit to what it actually meant. They thought it was fractured, but for a non-displaced hairline fracture, an X-Ray is unable to fully detect it. They gave me a CT Scan, and that picked it up.

Mind you, I'm not saying Kelly's foot is broken, I have literally no idea, just that an X-Ray can't really rule out a whole lot of injuries.
    oh cool! thanks for that info. we'll see what happens with the mri
    April 1

Hopefully a diagnosis will come out in the next few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Is that legal???
    Doesn't matter. He doesn't follow the law, the law follows him and begs permission to be granted a mere whiff of the order he installs. Nate James is a law unto himself.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Yeah . . crap . . . Time to go with Converse I guess.
    Also owned by Nike.

'He'll have an MRI. At the very least.

Kelly came back after the half, with no noticeable limp and stood up whenever standing up was called for. At first, I thought he might be under the wearher.

If only.

He did leave the bench area before the game was over. But I suspect that was so he could clear the locker room before folks like me could descend on him.

I would caution against the automatic assumption that this is bad news. Remember the angst when Lance Thomas hurt his knee against Carolina in 2010? Didn't miss a game.

FWIW, we were told that he tweaked the foot over the holidays. Same foot, different injury. But no, I don't like the trend lines.

So, we shall see.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    'He'll have an MRI. At the very least.

Kelly came back after the half, with no noticeable limp and stood up whenever standing up was called for. At first, I thought he might be under the wearher.

If only.

He did leave the bench area before the game was over. But I suspect that was so he could clear the locker room before folks like me could descend on him.

I would caution against the automatic assumption that this is bad news. Remember the angst when Lance Thomas hurt his knee against Carolina in 2010? Didn't miss a game.

FWIW, we were told that he tweaked the foot over the holidays. Same foot, different injury. But no, I don't like the trend lines.

So, we shall see.
    Thanks for those thoughts Jim. I am popping on here during work to see if there is an update and having read through the previous posts the "sky was definitely falling", but hopefully this will be a similar situation to Lance in 2010.

Just to put out there to the "foot gods"...I'm willing to run over my own foot if you agree to heal Ryan's ASAP.

As I suggested they do with Kyrie Irving's toe, I think that they just need to do a blood transfusion on Ryan from Nate James. After that he'll be able to kick down a brick wall.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

?

Is it too early to say "it's over"?

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    As I suggested they do with Kyrie Irving's toe, I think that they just need to do a blood transfusion on Ryan from Nate James. After that he'll be able to kick down a brick wall.
    I heard that was actually edited out from The Dark Knight Rises. Supposedly, when Batman realized that his knee was no longer good, rather than go with a mechanical knee brace, he would have just gotten a transfusion from Nate James. This idea was scrapped because it lead to the question of why wouldn't Nate James just fight Bane, save Gotham, and let Batman stay retired...

The Sky is Falling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Is it too early to say "it's over"?
    It's NEVER too early to panic on a internet chatboard!!!

If Ryan is hurt or injured...

Of course it hurts the team. There is no doubt about it. However I do not think the team is doomed to collapse like it did at the end of last year without him. This is a totally different team. Not only in talent, but in chemistry as well. I do not see this team falling apart under any situation regardless of the circumstances. There is a certain strength or will to win with this team that was not there last season. I have complete confidence in Quinn and Mason to step it up and we cant forget we still have Seth. I believe this could be an oppurtunity for the likes of Amile and Alex to really step up their games and earn serious playing time for Coack K. This could also be the moment that Marshall takes a step forward in his development as well. Who is to say that Sheed cant play a more pivotal role in the offense. If Duke continues to play as a fist I think everything will be fine. Then when Ryan comes back there will be no stopping the Devils from winning number five. If Ryan is even out for any amount of time at all that is.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    It's NEVER too early to panic on a internet chatboard!!!
    Just go over to IC.