Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Did any of the fans in attendance notice if he had a boot, or if he was limping when he returned to the bench in the second half?

Hopefully, it is a minor bruise.
    looked fine to me (not sure if he was in a boot because of my angle, but seemed to be plenty mobile on the bench)
    April 1

Duke is not the same team without Kelly. I expect he will not play on Saturday. The hope is that the injury will respond to rest. Time for the other guys to step up like Cook did today- but it will be a bit shaky as he brings both size and shooting. This State game was going to be tough even at full strength- first real road game all year. It will take a big effort to get a W.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Duke is not the same team without Kelly. I expect he will not play on Saturday. The hope is that the injury will respond to rest. Time for the other guys to step up like Cook did today- but it will be a bit shaky as he brings both size and shooting. This State game was going to be tough even at full strength- first real road game all year. It will take a big effort to get a W.
    though we put up gaudy points with kelly out, I think this was very much due to the faster tempo...we might have been slightly more efficient offensively, but we were light years better on the defensive end with ryan in (or so i think...i'm just waiting for someone to put in actual tempo based stats to prove me wrong )

we also looked terrible breaking the press...having a 6'11 ball handler in there might have helped
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Aren't Jordans made by Nike?
    Yeah . . crap . . . Time to go with Converse I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Yeah . . I guess so . . . Time to go with Converse I guess.
    starbury's are where it's at
    April 1

Where are all the folks who wet themselves because we do not get enough bench time during the season?

Having said this, we already have Seth playing with an injury. Have to assume this is precautionary/workable until confirmed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Where are all the folks who wet themselves because we do not get enough bench time during the season?

Having said this, we already have Seth playing with an injury. Have to assume this is precautionary/workable until confirmed differently.
    To be fair, Seth is a lot easier to play without. This is not to minimize seth's importance, because he's been huge - one of our two best scorers this year. But Seth plays a position that we already are rotating in a backup for a lot (Tyler) and we can play a small forward and move Sheed to the SF when Seth can't play.

By contrast, we have no one who can replace what ryan does in stretching the O. He was basically irreplacable. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Just watched the replay of the end of the first half, looks like the injury happened on Ryan's drive with 57.3 seconds left. He took a handoff from Rasheed at the 3-point line, drove the lane, got fouled by DeMarcus Harrison, went down in a heap, got up, made both free throws, and came out of the game with a grimace on his face but no discernable limp that I can see. Didn't return after that.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    To be fair, Seth is a lot easier to play without. This is not to minimize seth's importance, because he's been huge - one of our two best scorers this year. But Seth plays a position that we already are rotating in a backup for a lot (Tyler) and we can play a small forward and move Sheed to the SF when Seth can't play.

By contrast, we have no one who can replace what ryan does in stretching the O. He was basically irreplacable. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
    Not disagreeing about Ryan's importance (or Seth's). My comment for those who have been complaining that we do not play our back-up wings enough. Here you go.

I am with you, Loran -- and K -- developing and playing, our best players and seniors is paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Laura Keeley reports that Ryan Injured the same foot as last year he apparently injured it over Christmas as well

Ryan will have an MRI and CAT scan tomorrow
    He sure didn't play like he was injured in the Wake game.

Yep, I saw him motion to come out in between those two free throws. Gutsy -- nailed them both before he sat down. I was really proud of all the guys pulling together after that -- especially Jefferson and Murphy stepping into the fray and being effective. In fact, I was proud of EVERYbody tonight. The band was terrific and fun and funny. We could actually feel the volume of the Crazies' chants way up where we sit. It wasn't a pretty night, mostly thanks to some of the goofiest calls we've seen recently, but all of Cameron hung together with the team.

It's good to be a Devil.
    Love, Ima
    PS One caveat. The Devil and the band need more practice on their surfing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    We just bought a bunny rabbit. 8 weeks old, we named her Ginger. She's a cute, lovable, agreeable little fur ball, but she seems a little confused as to why I'm furiously rubbing her feet right now...
    I think you have to kill the rabbit, chop of his foot and dip it in blue dye for that to work.

Let me know how it goes.

After the half time

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Did any of the fans in attendance notice if he had a boot, or if he was limping when he returned to the bench in the second half?

Hopefully, it is a minor bruise.
    I noticed that Ryan came to the bench from the locker room a few minutes late, with the trainer, and from the entrance closest to the Duke bench. Absolutely no limp, no ice, no boot. He stood for every time out at the edge of the huddle.

Fingers and toes crossed that this is minor.
    "Goddess of wisdom"

Death, Taxes, Duke Basketball Players hurting their feet. Get well soon Ryan
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Just watched K's entire postgame presser on GoDuke.com and he really didn't seem overly concerned. As others here have noted, K used the word "precautionary" and also said that one of the assistants informed him that Ryan's foot was hurting right after K had put Kelly back in the game. Obviously, we all know what happened at the end of last season with Ryan hurt, and so I'm quite sure the coaching staff hasn't forgotten, either, so I'm betting they were just being extra careful regarding his foot.

Overall, K seemed to be in a great mood and very pleased with the team's progress and performance tonight. It always helps me to watch his comments in the postgame because I realize that a lot of what we, as fans fret and worry over is not always the important stuff.

Was unable to watch the game tonight, just got home and heard the news via ESPN that Kelly was injured and missed the 2nd half. From reading the posts, sounds somewhat promising that he wasn't limping to bad and wasn't in a boot. But then again Kyrie had an injury that he played with and seemed fine against Butler then missed what was basically the whole season. So it is hard to speculate based on what you see. MRI will tell the story

I hope for the sake of Ryan and Ryan only that he is going to be able to get back quick and make it through the rest of the season. Hate this for a senior who has worked his tail off to become the quality player he is today

I found this quote from Coach K after the Wake Forest game discussing Alex, Amile, and Marshall...

"The development of every player is important. We are dealing in an injured player in Seth [Curry]. I know because he’s playing you think everything is good, but he’s not. He’s had gutty performances. Ryan [Kelly] was hurt during the holidays. He tweaked his foot. They have to be ready to go. And also for your future."

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=205877061

So... maybe Ryan hasn't really gotten over his "tweaked foot". So... maybe just precautionary, as others have posted.

I REALLY HOPE SO...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I found this quote from Coach K after the Wake Forest game discussing Alex, Amile, and Marshall...

"The development of every player is important. We are dealing in an injured player in Seth [Curry]. I know because he’s playing you think everything is good, but he’s not. He’s had gutty performances. Ryan [Kelly] was hurt during the holidays. He tweaked his foot. They have to be ready to go. And also for your future."

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=205877061

So... maybe Ryan hasn't really gotten over his "tweaked foot". So... maybe just precautionary, as others have posted.

I REALLY HOPE SO...
    sportscenter reported xray was inconclusive (which pretty much means it's not broken, I would think) and that he'd have an mri tomorrow
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    No boot and no limp.
    The telecast showed him a couple times on the bench and he seemed to be just chatting or otherwise engaged and not in any noticeable pain.

Judging from comments in this thread, it doesn't seem like a serious injury, but with that said, I would not be too upset if the coaching staff took the cautious route with this and sat him for the NC State game. Even though it looks as if this could be our toughest game left on the regular season schedule, and we could very well end up losing without Ryan in the lineup, I'd want to make sure there's absolutely no chance for some kind of re-injury. This team has nothing left to prove in the regular season other than being able to win in a true road environment, and we will have plenty of other chances at that. (@Maryland should be a relatively good test, but @UNC ought to be a nice, comfortable laugher)

I'm scared to death because of recent injury to C.J. McCollum and also Robert Griffin III's injury while playing hurt. Ryan can't be replaced by anyone on the roster, so I'd want to make sure he's 100% before we put him back out there.