Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

The Ryan Kelly Lower Extremity Vigil

Let the speculation and worrying begin...

This could be VERY bad news as we are no where near as efficient (both offensively and defensively) with Kelly out and shades of last year's implosion are coming back to me. Hopefully, he's ok and will be ready to go Saturday.

1-800-273-TALK ... a 24/7 harm prevention help line. I'm on hold.

Better now than later. We need him in March. Good chance it's nothing, as there was no in game incident that caused it. I have a feeling ESPN would have found and shown any small collision or weird hit/landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Better now than later. We need him in March. Good chance it's nothing, as there was no in game incident that caused it. I have a feeling ESPN would have found and shown any small collision or weird hit/landing.
    He did get hit in the legs on made 3. But he didn't seem to be limping at all after that. Hopefully it's nothing.

@bluevsblue: In post game interview K just said " not sure if we're going to have Ryan Saturday or not"...
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    The only hard contact was after Ryan made a three pointer. He came down hard on that play but got back up and ran back down court. Just hope it's not serious. Coach K just said on the post game that he didn't know if we'd have Ryan against State. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    @bluevsblue: In post game interview K just said " not sure if we're going to have Ryan Saturday or not"...
    If this is a short term injury, Duke might actually be better off in the long run if we let Ryan rest on Saturday. Of coarse, the key phrase there is short term. The big guys off the bench need to get work in against legit teams. Even if we lose, it could end up like '92 having to learn to play without Bobby Hurley. However, my first thoughts are certainly towards Ryan's health. We definitely need him to reach our full potential.

Speculate

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Let the speculation and worrying begin...
    More of a Mark Gottfried problem than a Duke problem. K at his finest.

Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt. Please don't be seriously hurt.

Did any of the fans in attendance notice if he had a boot, or if he was limping when he returned to the bench in the second half?

Hopefully, it is a minor bruise.

We just bought a bunny rabbit. 8 weeks old, we named her Ginger. She's a cute, lovable, agreeable little fur ball, but she seems a little confused as to why I'm furiously rubbing her feet right now...

Laura Keeley reports that Ryan Injured the same foot as last year he apparently injured it over Christmas as well

Ryan will have an MRI and CAT scan tomorrow

Best wishes to R.K.

Laura Keeley reports that Ryan Injured the same foot as last year he apparently injured it over Christmas as well

What is it with this team and foot injuries? Maybe we need to ditch Nike.

For Ryan's sake and the team's, I really hope he's ok. He's irreplaceable.

Nike shoes

I have noticed that most of my ankle injuries have been initiated while wearing Nikes.

I know theirs are custom-fit, but it is an annoying coincidence. If Oregon was regularly competing against us in Bball, I would be really suspicious .

Oh Fuuuuudge!

To quote my buddy Ralphie. Only I didn't say fudge...

Quote Originally Posted by nyesq83 View Post
    I have noticed that most of my ankle injuries have been initiated while wearing Nikes.

I know theirs are custom-fit, but it is an annoying coincidence. If Oregon was regularly competing against us in Bball, I would be really suspicious .
    Ugh . . . why did Kyrie have to sign with Nike?

Although Derrick Rose signed with Adidas and he blew out an ACL, I suppose I'll take a foot over a knee.

I've always played with Nikes, but now I'm seriously considering switching to Jordans for my next basketball shoe purchase . . .

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Ugh . . . why did Kyrie have to sign with Nike?

Although Derrick Rose signed with Adidas and he blew out an ACL, I suppose I'll take a foot over a knee.

I've always played with Nikes, but now I'm seriously considering switching to Jordans for my next basketball shoe purchase . . .
    Aren't Jordans made by Nike?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Did any of the fans in attendance notice if he had a boot, or if he was limping when he returned to the bench in the second half?

Hopefully, it is a minor bruise.
    No boot and no limp.