Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Ojeleye

Facts get in the way of great stories, you know.

My memory has been beaten to a pulp by my vices, I suppose. Thanks for clearing that up re Dunleavy's height. I embellished a bit on purpose, I admit. But, I definitely think he grew at least two full inches from his sophomore to junior years at Duke. Michael was slightly awkward looking in terms of body shape, especially as a junior, and I recall attributing that to his unusual off-season growth. Though I could certainly be misremembering again.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Yeah, good lord. I know we like to talk about him as potentially our "best leaper since Maggette", but I don't think Maggette could ever do that:

I'm a lip reader, and the other players seem to saying, what the bleep

State Record

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1474626

Here's our guy Semi, making history!

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post

Best part of that article was this quote:

"We have a solid recruiting class obviously with Jabari and Matt coming in," said Ojeleye. "I'll just try to find my role wherever Coach K thinks that is."

Averaging an impressive 40.3 points per contest through 18 games entering the night
    "Impressive" ?!? How about "Holy Mother of Naismith!!!!!!!!"

Rodney Hood

Jabari Parker

Semi Ojeleye. YES!

So Duke will have the all-time leading scorer in Kansas history ... and wasn't DeMarcus the all-time leading scorer in California history?

For what it's worth, JJ Redick (#20) and Grant Hill (#42) are on the all-time Virginia list:

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/pub-v...ook-jan132.pdf

Rodney Hood

Jabari Parker

Semi Ojeleye. YES!
    Damn, tried to give you Sporkz twice in ten minutes.

Rodney Hood is THE Big Thing next year. Phenomenal Frosh add a sick upside.

Now in Top 25, per Scout

Perhaps this is noted elsewhere, but Scout has just revised its rankings for the 2013 class and Semi and Matt Jones now have joined Jabari Parker in the Top 25 with 5 stars. Semi is # 25, Matt is # 24 and Jabari is # 2.

Scout also credits Duke with the # 2 class, after Kentucky.

Rodney Hood

Jabari Parker

Semi Ojeleye. YES!
    Don't forget about Matt Jones.

hssigningday_1115spo_28309748_459397.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    Perhaps this is noted elsewhere, but Scout has just revised its rankings for the 2013 class and Semi and Matt Jones now have joined Jabari Parker in the Top 25 with 5 stars. Semi is # 25, Matt is # 24 and Jabari is # 2.

Scout also credits Duke with the # 2 class, after Kentucky.
    Toss in super sophomore Rodney Hood, and we might wind up having the best incoming talent when it is all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Don't forget about Matt Jones.

hssigningday_1115spo_28309748_459397.JPG
    Matt Jones is sure to be a bull as well- I haven't put him out.

I was just noting particularly, our absolutely stout lineup of slashing small forwards, who are poised to dominate the nation.

In 2010, I went to Countdown to Craziness because I knew we were poised to top the nation, and we had this new hotshot named Kyrie playing point. With how our guys now are playing, and how our young bucks are handling themselves on the national stage in high school, I can't WAIT for Craziness in October!

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Toss in super sophomore Rodney Hood, and we might wind up having the best incoming talent when it is all said and done.
    Nah. We may end up with the most talent overall, but Kentucky is going to have the best incoming talent, and whoever's next will be a distant second.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Nah. We may end up with the most talent overall, but Kentucky is going to have the best incoming talent, and whoever's next will be a distant second.
    Yeah, completely agree. I think people sometimes forget that UK isn't done, yet. If Wiggins lands at UK, they'll also be adding the only incoming frosh who can give Jabari a run for his money as the best incoming player (although by all accounts Jabari is more skilled and ready right now, even Wiggins projects higher with his other-worldly athleticism).

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    If Wiggins commits, I agree with this but right now I think we are closely second. Rodney Hood and Jabari Parker may be two of the most versatile players in the country and you could maybe add Andre Dawkins to the list? Maybe I am biased, but I still think we can rival them

Congrats Semi Ojeleye

Semi is now the first Kansas Gatorade POY award winner from Ottawa High School.

Here is a link with video from his final HS game.

"This 6-foot-6, 220 pounder averaged 38 points and 8 rebounds per game in the 2012-2013 season."
    Those numbers are amazing.

http://www.kansascw.com/kscw/news/ci...,6361817.story

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I don't see it as a crazy idea either. A long shot? Probably, but he would be the first undersized kid to play in the post for K. In addition to Brickey, there was Tony Lang, John Smith, Lance, Kyle, etc. Although Boozer was more of a true big, he came in at a size not all that different than Semi. Not saying Boozer is a good comparison as he really isn't. Just similar size.

With Semi's size and incredible hops (that photo Greg Newton posted was just sick sick sick. Semi's head was less than a half cinder block from the rim!!) it is possible he could hold his own in there defensively. Semi is one of the more intriguing prospects to come along in quite some time. When he signed, I thought he would be one of the wings that would need a couple of years to develop, especially given his high school competition. That might still be the case, and is maybe likely, but he has risen in the ranks rapidly, and with that body, will certainly be ready physically.

One thing is for sure, with the incredible mix of talent and versatility on next years squad, K is going to be like a kid in a Candy Store next year. You can bet the farm he won't be "using the same dadum practice plans I have used for the past 17 years dadgummit" The mad scientist will be at work!
    I still Hope Marshall is ready to give us 25-minutes agame at center next year. If so Hairston gets the other 15. The other way around is probably more likely with Josh playing 25 MPG and the remaining 15 MPG split between MP3 and various wing players. My biggest concern for next year is rebounding. I don't think we will need much scoring ast all from the 5 spot so if MP3 can focus on clearing the boards I think all he needs to do on offense is set good hard screens for the shooters and catch and flush when he's left alone. Unfortunatley Duke's D demands a lot of movement and quick switches. Personally I'd like to see our center primarily just hang out in the lane on D but that's not Duke D and probably is not going to happen. If Semi can get us 8 rebounds a game the job is probably his for the taking.

Very, very talented group for sure. But while Rodney and Jabari are as talented as anyone, I am not sure I would put Dre in that same category as a Wiggins or a Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I still Hope Marshall is ready to give us 25-minutes agame at center next year. If so Hairston gets the other 15. The other way around is probably more likely with Josh playing 25 MPG and the remaining 15 MPG split between MP3 and various wing players. My biggest concern for next year is rebounding. I don't think we will need much scoring ast all from the 5 spot so if MP3 can focus on clearing the boards I think all he needs to do on offense is set good hard screens for the shooters and catch and flush when he's left alone. Unfortunatley Duke's D demands a lot of movement and quick switches. Personally I'd like to see our center primarily just hang out in the lane on D but that's not Duke D and probably is not going to happen. If Semi can get us 8 rebounds a game the job is probably his for the taking.
    ... here we go ...

time to ignore thread