Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Favorite Non-Duke Player This Season

I know who mine is: Kevin Pangos. Kid has the whole package, including toughness and leadership ability.

Is it true that we never really looked at him? He would unflippinbelievable in our system.

NONE

Lots to consider, but ...

Brandon Paul, who is getting a day in the sun after three years suffering under Bruce Weber.

Other candidates: Rotnei Clarke, Otto Porter, Jeff Withey, Trey Burke, Rodney Williams, Chasson Randle, Kendall Williams. Too many to count really.

But I'm really, really happy for Paul, who had his talent squandered and stifled by Bruce Weber's awful offensive system and increasingly oppressive coaching style, and has come through those three years to be a First Team All American candidate at least after the first two months of the season.

Michael Snaer, Kenny Kadji, Michael Carter-Williams, Jeff Withey, Doug McDermott, Archie Goodwin, and Ryan Anderson are all guys whose games I enjoy a lot.

Yadier Molina?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Larry Drew II...

Rotnei Clarke. Senior Transfer at Butler running the point and shooting 45%+ from 3, giving them an offense this year to go with the Butler D.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Rotnei Clarke is an excellent choice. Kid is the most dangerous shooter in college basketball since J.J. Redick. Although undersized and not super quick, he has unlimited range and an ultra-rapid release. With Clarke on the roster, Butler has a legitimate chance of reaching a third Final Four in four years.

My personal pick: Isaiah Austin. With the ability to cause just as much havoc from beyond the arc as underneath the basket, the Baylor seven-footer is an absolute matchup nightmare. He's a stretch center. If I had to draw a comparison, I'd say he's Tayshaun Prince, only nearly half-a-foot taller. Austin would be unbelievable at Duke. For a kid his size, he just might just be the smoothest player in all of college basketball.

Good question. I'm going to go with Richard Howell who is currently averaging 13.5 points and 9.3 rebounds per game for the Wolfpack. With C.J. Leslie, Lorenzo Brown, Scott Wood and the super talented freshmen T.J. Warren and Rodney Purvis, State has a lot of talent on their roster and are positioned to have a really strong season. However, I believe it is the contributions of Richard Howell that will make the difference in the end. He is their lunch pail player who is willing to accomplish the hard labor in the low post. His ability to defend the basket and rebound will be interesting to follow this season. If he can stay out of foul trouble, once the ACC season starts, State is going to be a tough team to beat.
    Bob Green

This is a very easy question. My favorite non-Duke player is any player on any team which is playing against UNC.

Adding Kevin Foster to the list. Wow.

Aaron Craft! But Rotnei Clarke is a good choice too, especially with the bonus he points he gets from beating UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Rotnei Clarke. Senior Transfer at Butler running the point and shooting 45%+ from 3, giving them an offense this year to go with the Butler D.
    I am a big fan of Clarke. I also love Roosevelt Jones, who is Butler's glue guy, averaging 8.3ppg, 5.2rpg and 3.3apg while typically drawing the opponent's toughest 1-4 matchup. He was huge against Indiana, with 16, 12 and 7.

Tokoto

I'm a huge fan of JP Tokoto with his 35% FT and 14.3% 3-point accuracy. Didn't we recruit him?

I think we were after JP

Laurence Bowers, Mizzou. Unsung. Effort, talent, brains, makes everyone around him better.

Russ Smith from Louisville, better known as Russdiculous. Coolest nickname in sports. And probably a first team All American too!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I'm a huge fan of JP Tokoto with his 35% FT and 14.3% 3-point accuracy. Didn't we recruit him?

Ouch...and yes we were after him along with a lot of other teams.

There's a lot of good names out there. I'll give my top 5. Doug McDermott, Kevin Pangos, Mike Muscala, Phil Pressey, and Ben McLemore.

I would like to submit Tyler Haws from BYU. He's back from a 2 year mission and started the year with 6 consecutive 20+ point games and yesterday scored 42 points (an NCAA game high this season) in the rout of Virginia Tech. I actually watched the entire blowout just to see how many points he would get. I enjoy Pangos too but before his explosion Friday night against Baylor, he had been in a slump and seems inconsistent. I'll be interested to see how he does at Oklahoma St. tomorrow.

whichever unc player sucks the most