Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Welcome To Duke, Jabari Parker!!!

Discuss the huge get here! GO DUKE!!

I'll second that one. Great get! Welcome to Duke!

s.i.

Merry Christmas Duke Basketball!

Let the starting five, minutes, and transfer possibility threads begin!

All I wanted for my birthday was a commitment to Duke from Jabari Parker... we got it... too bad the world ends tomorrow

I love, adore, and am truly psyched about what this year's team has accomplished so far. I absolutely think they have an excellent chance to hang numerous banners this spring!

But it is impossible at this moment not to get more than a little GGLC at what next year holds for the Blue Devils. WOW!

-Jason "and if you are too young to remember GGLC, well, it hearkens back to the recruiting of Brand, Battier, Burgess, and Avery... a pretty solid class" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

He looks very good in that Duke hat. Very exciting! What a recruiting coup! I say we keep coach K and his staff for a bit.

Well he didn't do the hat thing after all. It was funny though. He pulled out the blue shirt ans tried to open it, fumbled and asked for help. I saw the colour... Was it a Duke shirt I thought?
    Yes it was....

Congratulations to Jabari Parker on a great decision. Coach K will teach him invaluable life skills while making him a better basketball player.
    Bob Green

Enjoy the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchab1es View Post

Let the starting five, minutes, and transfer possibility threads begin!
    This is a great moment for Parker and a great moment for Duke. Lets not spoil it with the ands and ifs for at least a day

Congrats J Parker!

Now...when does the discussion about minutes come into play

Kidding aside, we will be the deepest team in the country in the 2-4. This is unbelievable.

Coach - great job!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

We are now ranked at #4 recruiting class (doesn't include Rodney Hood).

Long and short of it, we add two of the best players in the ACC (Hood and Parker), return an all-ACC SENIOR (Dawkins), and add 2 great prospects in Semi and Matt.

Today is a good day

Anyone know the policy on failing all your classes in a semester and getting to come back for another year?

So excited and can't wait to get to see the team play next year! It's certainly going to be a fun team to watch! This could be a team that gets back to running and pressing like the early 2000s teams.

Seems like a very polished and focused young man. Looking forward to seeing him in Cameron. Also looking forward to seeing him in Wally Wade on some future May afternoon, in a cap and gown.

Welcome to the Duke Family, Jabari.

P.S. That's two consensus number one recruits in the same calendar year. Duke's Polish coaches have got it going on.

Over the summer I played golf with a guy that is family friends with Sonny and the Parker family. He told me Jabari would probably pick Duke. I thought he was full of it, but I guess not!

Congrats Jabari and welcome to Durham!! We can't wait to have you.

I don't want to think about who will or won't be around because of this. Let's congratulate him and enjoy the moment.

Merry Christmas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Well he didn't do the hat thing after all. It was funny though. He pulled out the blue shirt ans tried to open it, fumbled and asked for help. I saw the colour... Was it a Duke shirt I thought?
    Yes it was....
    I thought the same thing. The blue shirt was unmistakable. I knew right away it couldn't be MSU or Stanford, but I thought there was a chance it could be UF blue. Luckily he picked the right shade of blue!

I absolutely LOVE our team next year! This year's isn't too shabby though so will focus on these guys for now.

Welcome to the family, Jabari! You will like winter in Durham better than Chicago, trust me.

Oh my! I just did my happy dance in front of my staff... they think I'm nuts anyway so what the heck!

SWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Welcome to the family, Jabari! You will like winter in Durham better than Chicago, trust me.
    Do yourself a favor and open the live interview which is in the closed thread. It is hard to imagine a more poised and intelligent sounding young man. Duke is getting someone special in this guy!
    Last edited by AtlDuke72; 12-20-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchab1es View Post

To some of us, it's the 9th night of Hanukkah!!! What a great holiday present!