Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    To your direct question, Cornell is likely to be a middle of the pack Ivy League team. Harvard, Princeton, and (surprisingly, since it's not common for this to be the case) Columbia are the most likely to win the league, probably in that order.
    I think Amaker lost his best player due to some kind of academic no-no. I don't follow Cornell sports except when they make some real noise. That has meant LAX in the main, so I couldn't speak to the teams in the league. Going into the season, big things were projected for Harvard. Columbia, in 1967-68, had three future pros, including Jim McMillen who had a quite successful pro career. I seem to recall that Columbia came in no better than third that year, to Petrie's Princeton and a Penn Team that had some stud sophomores who eventually took Penn to the final four. Cornell might have come in third. Long time ago, and third or fourth, who cared.

Both Columbia and Cornell were badly hurt in basketball once the anti war and black power movements converged. In football, Cornell managed to land Ed Marinaro who I believed for a while held the NCAA yardage record, had some more than decent years in the NFL, and ended up with a significant role in Hill Street Blues, which was some really good programing.

Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Cornell, starters are posted for both teams...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame...Schedule=14509

Let's rock!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I don't want to go all "X's and O's" on my fellow posters here but..I'm thinking we should probably guard Shonn Miller. Who's with me?

MP3 is so good - he gotta wear TWO wristbands!!!

OK, who started all the confusion about which basket is Duke's, which led to claims that they BOTH are?

MP2 is scoring on BOTH baskets!

He can't be stopped!

Does Marshall have a black eye?

Yeah, announcers said he took a finger in the eye in practice. I like his quote, "Pretty boys don't get shiners"

Man, I'm hearing crickets in here tonight! Never seen an in-game thread so quiet. Did everyone but me go to the game???

Quinn Cook with 11 assists... is it too early to start the "Bobby Hurley single game assists record" vigil?

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Does Marshall have a black eye?

Umm, this isn't why we havent seen him back in the game is it? Kind of odd he played a min, had a block and we haven't seen him back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Man, I'm hearing crickets in here tonight! Never seen an in-game thread so quiet. Did everyone but me go to the game???

Yeah this is nuts! I'd love to be there but I'm enjoying watching it on TV.

Currently on a 44-4 run. Murph just nails a 3 in the corner!

Cool That's not a fight boys . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Currently on a 44-4 run. Murph just nails a 3 in the corner!
    "that's an execution."

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Umm, this isn't why we havent seen him back in the game is it? Kind of odd he played a min, had a block and we haven't seen him back yet.
    I don't think so - I mean, he had the shiner before the game, so it doesn't really make sense to me. I thought he played well while in there so I don't think K was upset with him for any reason. So...now I'm worried that something is up with his foot

I hope we see him again before this one's over. I understand wanting to bring him along slowly but certainly expected more than 1-2 minutes from him tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    I don't think so - I mean, he had the shiner before the game, so it doesn't really make sense to me. I thought he played well while in there so I don't think K was upset with him for any reason. So...now I'm worried that something is up with his foot

I hope we see him again before this one's over. I understand wanting to bring him along slowly but certainly expected more than 1-2 minutes from him tonight.

That's what I was thinking like it stiffed up on him. Hope its just a precautionary thing.