Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    But does he have new assistants?
    I'm betting he will by this time tomorrow.

Hey, why not just duct tape him to the wing of the Space Shuttle for the next launch. When they reach 25 miles up, he just pulls strings attached to the duct tape and away he goes.

Either way, he is so, so, dead.

-EJ

He AND his assistants don't seem well prepared. "We didn't expect the wind to be that strong!", or whatever else they could use as an excuse just won't cut it.

I think he's dead, too, assuming they can ever mate the water heater and the balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    He AND his assistants don't seem well prepared. "We didn't expect the wind to be that strong!", or whatever else they could use as an excuse just won't cut it.

I think he's dead, too, assuming they can ever mate the water heater and the balloon.
    He said that? This dude is going to jump from 25 miles up, break mach speed as a parachuter, and he can't get the launch wind information correct?

Oh man, if I was the owner of the nearest funeral home, I'd be promoting this thing big time. A yellow hurse, with free balloon give-aways at the scene of the "landing." Of course, the balloons won't be tied and and soon as the kids get them, they'll fly out of their hands.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    He said that? This dude is going to jump from 25 miles up, break mach speed as a parachuter, and he can't get the launch wind information correct?

Oh man, if I was the owner of the nearest funeral home, I'd be promoting this thing big time. A yellow hurse, with free balloon give-aways at the scene of the "landing." Of course, the balloons won't be tied and and soon as the kids get them, they'll fly out of their hands.

-EarlJam
    I'm sorry! No, he didn't say that, EarlJam. Those were my words, to mimic whatever excuse they made.

Basically, the balloon retreated. Given some of the earlier comments on the thread, that shouldn't be a surprise.

Time for a bake sale

Apparently, Fournier ran through his savings account and can't afford a new balloon. It's only 400,000; I think it's time for a DBR Bake Sale! We owe it to him, and to ourselves, to make sure this man is on his way to space as soon as possible.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Apparently, Fournier ran through his savings account and can't afford a new balloon. It's only 400,000; I think it's time for a DBR Bake Sale! We owe it to him, and to ourselves, to make sure this man is on his way to space as soon as possible.
    The hilarity that will ensue from his attempt will be well worth the donations. I'm in. Heck, I don't even need to get a cupcake out of this, I'll just donate.

The hilarity that will ensue from his attempt will be well worth the donations. I'm in. Heck, I don't even need to get a cupcake out of this, I'll just donate.
    Count me in! It would be awesome if he burst into flames while doing Mach 1 with a parachute. What a cool way to die!

-EJ

I'm with you all the way. Coordinating the remote baking and distribution of goods sounds like a pain. I will be happy to donate. Maybe we can sponsor him. I bet we could afford a patch large enough for a logo or just 'EarlJam'.