20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

K Discusses Team Pre-Season To Present: Daily DBR 12/5 Recording

This link should take you to today's Duke Basketball Report, the 3 minute audio only show that Coach K does each week day with Bob Harris. A lot of good stuff crammed into today's 3 minute session. Definitely worth a listen.

He talks about the fact that heading into the Pre-Season exhibition games, Rasheed was not a starter, but got an opportunity due to Seth being injured. (Which again alludes to the fact that Murphy was a starter heading into the exhibition games). He also states again that prior to his injury, Marshall was one of the top 6 players.

He said in total, that Seth has only practiced with the team a total of about 1 week worth of practices, and how amazing it is that when he plays, the team chemistry is still really good. I have to agree with the amazement there. Watching them so far, one would never know that Seth is not scrimmaging with the other starters on a daily basis. I have also been impressed with Seth's conditioning. Even though he is not in tip top condition, it is impressive at how many minutes he is able to play and still be effective. The OSU game was the first time Seth didn't seem to "have it", but that is very understandable given he was coming off 3 highly competitive games in 3 days.

Other comments were around the improved defense and balanced offense.

I am super excited about this team, and I can't wait to see Marshall get on the court. Given that K keeps insisting Marshall was in the top six on this particular team, with how they are playing, is really promising. The front-line on this team has been great thus far, so if MP3 really is playing that well, it will make them that much stronger while also adding much needed depth at the 5 spot behind Mason.
    Last edited by Newton_14; 12-05-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks for the link and breakdown. Wholly agree, although I think that Marshall's conditioning may be a hindrance to working back into the minutes some hope. Hope that is not the case, but this ain't our first rodeo with this type of injury either.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Thanks for the link and breakdown. Wholly agree, although I think that Marshall's conditioning may be a hindrance to working back into the minutes some hope. Hope that is not the case, but this ain't our first rodeo with this type of injury either.
    Agree on MP3's conditioning, which hopefully all the time in the pool will help some with his cardio. He will definitely need some time to build up his conditioning though, as well as getting back into the flow of things. Really hoping he can play in those home games during December after the exam break. That will greatly help heading into conference play.