Telluride Bluegrass Festival

Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.
    I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.
    Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.
    Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.
    LOL. But there are some of us. I haven't missed the four days of Merlefest in well over a decade.

An Americana trio that has performed at Telluride:

http://americanaagency.com/The_Stray_Birds.html

Long live the clawhammer.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Get an SUV, park it in national forest lands at night and sleep in the car.

Think I'm kidding? I do it all the time.