Telluride Bluegrass Festival

Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Anyone been to the Telluride Bluegrass Festival before or planning to go in June 2013? Just bought 4-day passes for a first trip there, and would love some insider tips on camping/lodging etc. (prime camping space is already sold out). If you're going, maybe we could even meet up over a cold one.
    I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I got camping passes during the lottery for Warner Field. Also a first-timer. I'll be the one in the Duke hat, see you there

Via the official Planet Bluegrass site, I found festivarian.com, which appears to be the DBR of the bluegrass community, but with significantly more emoticons. I've been getting my intel from there and from a few friends who have been.
    Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Nice. Yeah, I missed the lottery, but called and sounds like sometimes it's possible to get a spot in Warner/Town Hall if/when someone cancels. Bought a bunch of passes, so may be with a fairly sizable group. Gonna work out some of these logistics in the coming months but for now, I'm just excited that I have tix. I'll get acquainted with festivarian.com.
    Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Right on, see you there. I don't believe the DBR and festivarian communities have a ton of crossover.
    LOL. But there are some of us. I haven't missed the four days of Merlefest in well over a decade.

An Americana trio that has performed at Telluride:

http://americanaagency.com/The_Stray_Birds.html

Long live the clawhammer.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Get an SUV, park it in national forest lands at night and sleep in the car.

Think I'm kidding? I do it all the time.
    As suburban children we floated at night in swimming pools the temperature of blood. -- Douglas Coupland