Bowl Game: Anybody with connections to kids' charities in Charlotte?

Like many of you, a work day in late December may be a tough time for me to get away from the office to go to Charlotte, but I would like to support Coach Cut and our players. I wondered if we might be able to buy some bowl tix, then contribute them to let the Boys and Girls Clubs or similar organizations take some kids to the game as a guest of Duke fans. While I may not need a tax deduction as much as some readers of this Board, I would be happy to contribute 2 tix, plus the cash for sodas and hot dogs to give a (slightly) late Christmas present to a deserving kid.
    To quote Bluto "Who's with me?"

Quote Originally Posted by pokeresq View Post
    Like many of you, a work day in late December may be a tough time for me to get away from the office to go to Charlotte, but I would like to support Coach Cut and our players. I wondered if we might be able to buy some bowl tix, then contribute them to let the Boys and Girls Clubs or similar organizations take some kids to the game as a guest of Duke fans. While I may not need a tax deduction as much as some readers of this Board, I would be happy to contribute 2 tix, plus the cash for sodas and hot dogs to give a (slightly) late Christmas present to a deserving kid.
    Duke itself organized such a donation for the All-America Bowl back in the late '80s. I suspect it may do something similar for Charlotte. You coould call the ticket office (or the Iron Dukes).

sagegrouse

In the overnight hours I got a message from Duke Athletics which included the following:

With that, I encourage you to purchase tickets to watch the Blue Devils in the Belk Bowl. Purchasing tickets through Duke Athletics not only supports the program but also makes a statement for future bowl invitations as Duke look to consistently compete and play in post season games going forward.

Please take a moment and either call 877-375-DUKE or 919-681-BLUE or log onto GoDuke.com/tickets to purchase your seats for the game in Charlotte. If you are unable to attend, please consider purchasing tickets and donating them back to Duke Athletics so that we can put less fortunate youngsters and their families in the stands.

It appears there already is a plan in place

In the overnight hours I got a message from Duke Athletics which included the following:

With that, I encourage you to purchase tickets to watch the Blue Devils in the Belk Bowl. Purchasing tickets through Duke Athletics not only supports the program but also makes a statement for future bowl invitations as Duke look to consistently compete and play in post season games going forward.

Please take a moment and either call 877-375-DUKE or 919-681-BLUE or log onto GoDuke.com/tickets to purchase your seats for the game in Charlotte. If you are unable to attend, please consider purchasing tickets and donating them back to Duke Athletics so that we can put less fortunate youngsters and their families in the stands.

They have that set up for all season ticket holders during the season. At any time, you can donate your tickets and they will distribute them. The purchasing through Duke part is especially important. We want to show bowls everywhere that they'll never have to worry about our ticket block if they select us.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Thanks for the tip!

I just bought 4 tickets and donated them back to Duke to give away.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    Thanks for the tip!

I just bought 4 tickets and donated them back to Duke to give away.
    Yes, at the Go Duke page for purchasing the tix they proactively give you the option to just donate them back for charity use (and to support Duke).

I just wanted to say this is awesome. It's very thoughtful and generous.