View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 88-50 win over Delaware?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

14 11.11%
  • Ryan Kelly

23 18.25%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

21 16.67%
  • Tyler Thornton

5 3.97%
  • Quinn Cook

1 0.79%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Amile Jefferson

5 3.97%
  • Alex Murphy

12 9.52%
  • Todd Zafirovski

45 35.71%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Agree completely, and I went with Alex as well. No doubt that Ryan and Mason had "bigger" games, but I think we will look back on this game for Alex and see just how big it was for our team's success.
    I agree. I was there and was just waiting waiting waiting for something good to happen for Murph. Once he saw the ball go through the hoop that first time, it broke the ice for him. He stopped thinking and just played. I thought that corner 3 going down was huge as well. From there he started attacking. The blocked shot happened on the end of the court we were sitting at, and we could see it developing. Alex saw what was coming, got in position, and made a great play there with the block.

Given Seth's health, we need both Alex and Amile to develop into contributors. They bring two drastically different styles, but both can help add another element to an already really good team. Both were impressive today. They just need to build on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Agree completely, and I went with Alex as well. No doubt that Ryan and Mason had "bigger" games, but I think we will look back on this game for Alex and see just how big it was for our team's success.
    I agree that Alex had a coming out party, and after his first basket suddenly became a different player. He had a drive from the top left three point line that did not go down, but was quick and powerful. His confidence was evident, and potent. Even if a bit raw, which is to be expected from a freshman.

I am very happy for Alex and hope he builds on it. Coach obviously has confidence in him.

I didn't vote for him, but Todd Z went out there and had what I believe was the first triple-single of his Duke career (points/rebounds/blocks). I have no problem with people acknowledging that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I didn't vote for him, but Todd Z went out there and had what I believe was the first triple-single of his Duke career (points/rebounds/blocks). I have no problem with people acknowledging that feat.
    Agreed. I did vote for Todd, and this is why--There were good efforts by so many players in this game that no other single player clearly demanded my vote. And Todd Z's first score (along with, as you note, a triple-single) provides an opportunity to acknowledge how hard he works in practice and as a "cheerleader" for the players on the floor, and how important that contribution is to the team as a whole, though less visible than the ones made by the guys getting the minutes.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Agreed. I did vote for Todd, and this is why--There were good efforts by so many players in this game that no other single player clearly demanded my vote. And Todd Z's first score (along with, as you note, a triple-single) provides an opportunity to acknowledge how hard he works in practice and as a "cheerleader" for the players on the floor, and how important that contribution is to the team as a whole, though less visible than the ones made by the guys getting the minutes.
    Ditto.

I almost always vote in these MOTM polls, but rarely do I think more than 2 seconds about it, I just do it on impression when the game ends. In a game like this where we beat an over-matched opponent by over 30 (you know, like that game in Cameron in 2010 against Chapel Hill), nobody really singly can be responsible for the win. Everybody played well (except maybe Josh just fouling everything in sight), so my vote goes to the one guy who definitely outperformed any projection of his statistical output in this game (Alex coming in second in that regard), Todd. He will likely never win another one of these important polls in his career, so here you go big fella.

It's not an option but my vote goes to the bench. Everyone had a breakout game.

Note about QC ...

Did anybody notice how BIG QC looked when he guarded Delaware's 5'8" point guard? I couldn't stop noticing it throughout the game. And boy did his defensive pressure do a number on them.

O&B Sheep