View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-68 win over Ohio State?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mason Plumlee

99 56.25%
  • Ryan Kelly

1 0.57%
  • Seth Curry

0 0%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

55 31.25%
  • Quinn Cook

20 11.36%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 0.57%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Alex Murphy

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Ohio St. (Nov 28, 2012)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 73-68 win over Ohio State?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Mason. He's a MAN this year. We don't win without him. His outlet pass to Sheed and his dunk changed the game.

Mason was the best player on the floor and solidified his candidacy for national POY, Kelly played an outstanding game offensively and defensively, Cook iced the game down the stretch, but I have to give my MOTM vote to Rasheed for his great aggressive play against a very aggressive defensive team in the second half. Man, he is great to watch and cheer for.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Lots of players with great efforts, especially in the second half. But Rasheed Sulaimon provided the spark at the crucial moment.

I voted for Plumlaimon

Mason did what he was supposed to do as a senior leader.
    I give props to Sulaimon ... and hereby dub Sulaimon "the prophet".

When he decided he wasnt going to play like a freshman the game changed.

Best big man in the country right now.

Sulaimon got the team going in the 2nd half. Without his points early, we lose ... maybe by a lot.

sagegrouse

Rasheed, Quinn and Ryan all had good games but Mason was the man tonight. Any time an alley oop reminds me of Grant Hill in the 1991 title game against Kansas you automatically get MOM
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

I dont fault anyone for voting for Rasheed. He stepped up big time. But Mason was just a beast.

Wink 3 way tie?

Mason was a rock the entire game. Rasheed brought us back in the second half. Quinn was solid in the second half and hit some big free throws (after missing) down the stretch. I gave the nod to Quinn because of the fight he showed near the end of the first half, when everyone else seemed out of it. Toughness won this game.

Sheed

Impossible to choose between Mason and Rasheed, but Sulaimon kept us in it when we just looked gassed and out of synch. Mason's a total beast, but voted for Rasheed.

I think Ryan Kelly deserves some credit, too. He came out of his slump offensively and made some big baskets.

Plus, his defense was outstanding. As Jay Bilas reminded us constantly, he's the "most underrated defender in the country."

This is like the 5th game this year where I really don't know who to vote for. Mason was our only offense in the first half and was the only reason it was 8 points. Kelly hit some big baskets, got Thomas in foul trouble, and played some great D. Cook made the team run in the second half and provided the energy. Sheed provided the scoring.

I'm abstaining from this vote. It is just too difficult.

I'm going with a sleeper pick in Kelly. I thought he did a great job shutting down Thomas after his initial burst, which could have been the difference in the game. Also hit a few big shots and had some tough plays when we were getting pushed around early.

Incredible game from Mason and the kind of finish that results in player growth from Cook, though.

I refuse to vote for Sulaimon because I don't want to boost his draft stock further.

Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    Mason was a rock the entire game. Rasheed brought us back in the second half. Quinn was solid in the second half and hit some big free throws (after missing) down the stretch. I gave the nod to Quinn because of the fight he showed near the end of the first half, when everyone else seemed out of it. Toughness won this game.
    I voted for Mason (how can you argue with 21 and 17!) but I do agree that Cook deserves a good bit of credit. He really did get the team going with his intensity and defense. Sulaimon took the torch and exploded in the second half, and deserves credit too. And of course Kelly's defense and key 3s weren't bad. But ultimately, when a guy gets 21 and 17, there should be no doubt about the honor.

Cook.

I agree with the voters who choose Mason. He's really been so steady.

Sulaimon's early 2nd half spark definitely lifted the team.

My vote was split between Sulaimon and Cook. I voted for Quinn because he came back strong from a very weak first half. Really showed "guts" in that regard. That early steal in the 2nd half really seemed to trip his trigger and he was damn good from that point forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    This is like the 5th game this year where I really don't know who to vote for. Mason was our only offense in the first half and was the only reason it was 8 points. Kelly hit some big baskets, got Thomas in foul trouble, and played some great D. Cook made the team run in the second half and provided the energy. Sheed provided the scoring.

I'm abstaining from this vote. It is just too difficult.
    If the Duke team would have abstained because Ohio State's defense was just too difficult, I would not be nearly as happy as I am right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    I'm going with a sleeper pick in Kelly. I thought he did a great job shutting down Thomas after his initial burst, which could have been the difference in the game. Also hit a few big shots and had some tough plays when we were getting pushed around early.

Incredible game from Mason and the kind of finish that results in player growth from Cook, though.

I refuse to vote for Sulaimon because I don't want to boost his draft stock further.
    I really liked Ryan's game tonight and think that he really is playing very well defensively, and is now going to get more credit for his all around solid game.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Another point to make about Quinn Cook's game was his overall line.

12 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 turnovers, 2 steals.

The rebounds he got were big because it provided help for the bigs. Always nice to see a guard get his nose in there and get some rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Glad someone mentioned this. Although maybe we should make this topic off limits. If Sheed sticks around for another year or two, he will make Duke very good. I think he is more complete than Rivers was at this point. Never understood why no mocks had him going next year but hopefully it is a blessing in disguise.