Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    While we do not know what Maryland's home slate will be next season, many folks seem to think that Duke and UNC, the two marquee opponents in the ACC around whom ticket packages can be built and sold, will not play at Maryland next season as a way of punishing the Terps for leaving the conference. Many seem to think Maryland will get a home slate of that includes BC, Wake, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Virginia, and Clemson... plus a couple other teams.

I have one friend who suggested that Maryland might be given only 5 or 6 ACC home games and the rest would be road games. If the Terps don't like it, we merely put it to a vote of the rest of the conference as to whether they agree with this plan

-Jason "I truly cannot wait for those low-lifes to leave the conference and enjoy sending their field hockey team on 1000+ mile field trips" Evans
    Around the time of the Duke game in College Park there were several stories in the Washington Post, as well as local TV Sports shows (and radio) making the assumption - I'd call it almost an assertion of feit accompli - that MD will NOT get a home game in BB versus Duke or UNC next year. I don't have a problem with that, as those are sometimes the only sell-outs they get at Comcast, and the administration there DOES advertize those games in pushing season ticket plans. But it would seem mean-spirited (and I wonder if it'd get brought up in the courtroom re. the Exit-Fee lawsuit -- "See, they already made us pay...") to take away some home games entirely. Giving them home match-ups with just Clemson, BC, Pitt, Wake, GT, etc, and not giving them well-attended ones with Duke, NC, UVA, etc. could always be chalked up to "(poor) luck of the draw." Not so with removing some home games entirely.

That all said, I actually am hoping for a Duke game in CP, if only to leave them with a really bad taste in their mouths for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    And my dream of getting a Maryland-free world a year early is crushed.
    Yet, tonight they will be your favorite team.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Apropos of this, the ACC is reportedly amenable to adding Notre Dame a year early should the Irish find that avenue possible amid the Big East's ever-swirling uncertainty.
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ording-sources
    This article mentioned that neither Louisville or Rutgers can leave for their respective new leagues this summer b/c neither leagues are prepared to take them due to unbalanced football divisions and scheduling that would occur.

A question for anyone who may have thoughts on this: Could the ACC negotiate with MD from a position of strength to allow them to leave this summer in order to bring Louisville in to replace them while not losing posture with any supposed schools in the ACC that might be open to leaving the conference? I know "everyone" is watching to see if and how well the 50 million dollar exit feel holds up against MD's antitrust claims; but could the ACC, the BIG and MD work out a deal in which MD would still pay a substantial exit fee (well over 20 million) while preventing the 50 million exit fee from being challenged in court? With the Catholic 7 forming a new Big East and separating this summer, an new unforeseen situation has been created that has caught a lot of people off guard. Could the ACC use this situation to spin it pubilicly that they negotiated with MD solely because of this unique situation and the ACC benefitted by being able to bring in Louisville a year early to replace MD.

In the end, it may be best for the ACC to stand pat and bring Louisville into the league next summer; but who knows, maybe MD is itching to leave the ACC sooner than later and not have to go through another season as a lame duck.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Yet, tonight they will be your favorite team.
    Speaking for myself, I hate Maryland and want them to go away. I hate unc and want them to stay around for entertainment, and to beat them like a drum.