The Best and Worst films of 2012

Maybe it's the Grinch in me, but I find reading the "10 Worst" list more fun than the 10 best. I wasn't surprised to see Entertainment Weekly tab John Carter as the worst film of 2012, but I was a little surprized that Time Magazine tabbed Cloud Atlas as the year's biggest stinker:

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/1...rrible-movies/

EW picked Zero Dark Thirty as No. 1, just ahead of Lincoln, although their main critic has a dissenting opinion and picked Lincoln. Their fans voted online for Batman as No. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Maybe it's the Grinch in me, but I find reading the "10 Worst" list more fun than the 10 best. I wasn't surprised to see Entertainment Weekly tab John Carter as the worst film of 2012, but I was a little surprized that Time Magazine tabbed Cloud Atlas as the year's biggest stinker:

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/1...rrible-movies/

EW picked Zero Dark Thirty as No. 1, just ahead of Lincoln, although their main critic has a dissenting opinion and picked Lincoln. Their fans voted online for Batman as No. 1.
    I need to go through my notes, but John Carter and Cloud Atlas are not even in the discussion for worst film of the year. Heck, Cloud Atlas is among the top 20 best in my opinion. John Carter wasn't nearly as bad as (for example) That's My Boy, Dark Shadows, The Three Stooges, One For The Money, Alex Cross, Man On A Ledge, or A Thousand Words. I mean, we are talking major stinkers there!

Give me a few days and I will do my ten best and ten worst. Could be fun.

-Jason "Argo, Lincoln, Django, Avengers, and Looper are all certain to be in my top ten best, that's for sure" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Smile the list

Jason is going to give us a list of 30 films all of which easily make his Best 10 Films of the Year list. He is a generous person.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Jason is going to give us a list of 30 films all of which easily make his Best 10 Films of the Year list. He is a generous person.
    I hope Jason is a little more discerning than that. Otherwise he's no better than Dick Vitale, with the 90 teams he feels deserve to be in the NCAA tournament each year.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I hope Jason is a little more discerning than that. Otherwise he's no better than Dick Vitale, with the 90 teams he feels deserve to be in the NCAA tournament each year.
    Dude, comparing Jason to Dickie V is really cold. I have NEVER heard Jason say something nice about Dean Smith.