Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Officiating is atrocious on both sides of the court.
    Where did they find them.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Refs are horrible. And that is me being polite. K was ripping one of them at the end of the half

1st half thoughts:

Positives:

Mason - looking like ACC POY

Cook - playing with confidence

team defense

Negatives:

Kelly - playing out-of-control somewhat

Curry - bad intentional foul but otherwise solid

REALLY NEGATIVE:

officiating!

Side Note - Announcing is not that bad and I actually like the lower-key tone as a departure from the ESPN hype machine. Aslo, the lower camera angles make me feel like I'm actually at the game - very authentic feel.

the officiating seems to leave something to be desired-where are these guys from?

Ref... smh

I have rarely been this flabbergasted. The no-call on the slide from Ahanmisi, but then Kelly get's called for a travel when he doesn't even have possession? The charges called when guys are sliding? The worst was probably the call where the ref from the end of the court comes over and calls it out of bounds on Duke when everyone in the ballroom saw it goes off the hands of the Gophers. Arrggh!

We should probably be up by at least 10 if not more here at the half. In that first half, we seriously outplayed Minnesota. Mason in a beast, Cook and Sulaimon are shooting it well, and Kelly and Curry are just doing their thing. Defense is looking very good this year so far. I like this team and will not complain about the refs for at least another half. Hope they clean it up tomorrow!

Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    1st half thoughts:

Side Note - Announcing is not that bad and I actually like the lower-key tone as a departure from the ESPN hype machine. Aslo, the lower camera angles make me feel like I'm actually at the game - very authentic feel.
    Agreed! I like this crew. It's nice to not have their opinions be so forced. The announcers just seem chill, which is a nice break from things.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Where is Bob Harris on the internet?
    Bob stayed in Derm for the FB game. Heard that on the post-game show Sunday night.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    adjustments at halftime.....trust in k...

is it just my connection, but the crowd looks like they are completely in the dark and only the floor is lighted...strange...
    The lighting for the floor is stage lighting. The arena is so small there is plenty of residual light in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    the officiating seems to leave something to be desired-where are these guys from?
    I generally believe officials do well considering pace of the game. This is a blatant exception- honestly don't know if this crew has any experience. The charge on sheed was as bad as any I've seen. Maybe K can hand them a rule book.

At the very least. He has to be in the discussion for NPOY. I'm sure some can think of others but I'd put Mason up there with Deshaun Thomas and McCollum as my front runners.

Court was "imported' into the hotel ballroom and overhead lighting installed.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    1st half thoughts:

Positives:

Cook - playing with confidence

team defense

Negatives:

Kelly - playing out-of-control somewhat

Curry - bad intentional foul but otherwise solid

REALLY NEGATIVE:

officiating!

Don't forget the turnovers. Very sloppy ball handling in the first 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Duke looking to go undefeated in ballroom play this year. The tourney selection committee cannot deny those non-conference ballroom wins.

I think Curry's leg injury has given him an "old man's game" and I like it!

strong rebound and shot-attempt by Kelly - Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    LOL, thanks for the explanation! I am not getting the game on TV but did see an update on ESPN. Definitely weird lighting!
    No soup for you!

strong rebound and shot-attempt by Kelly - Nice.
    Yeah, but he just can't seem to hold his own inside, in many instances.

Too much sloppy, out-of-control play in general, as well - by everybody.

If it was the holes...

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Duke looking to go undefeated in ballroom play this year. The tourney selection committee cannot deny those non-conference ballroom wins.
    Would they hang a banner for first win in a ballroom court? Assuming they won?

Can't help it...

Mason is a joy to watch. K will probably have a DVD in his pocket of Mason's highlights for the rest of his recruiting trips. But on top of everything, the fact they have increased his FT shooting almost 27% (obviously Mason deserves the most credit) is truly remarkable. Hopefully the FT shooting keeps up.

COOK!!!

Awesome near-steal!! May be sloppy, but the boys are hustling all over the place today!