Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Don't really want to check IC but I wonder what the excuse is.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Would have been nice if it was a blowout. Still, I'll take a unc loss however it comes. Wonder if the wine and cheesers even go to the chaminade game.
    They do and they were leaving in packs at about the 30 second mark, so improvement there. They almost made it to the end. No walkons left behind in this one though...

Rough ending, I knew I shouldn't have started watching when I saw the 29 point spread in the 2nd half. Paige looks good, though. Overall, the Heels seem to lack sizzle. They have a lot of solid players but little personality, save for Paige.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    UNC had to foul and not miss, Butler hit FTs, UNC missed, game over.
    And speaking of Carolina having to foul, I was following the game thread at IC and as soon as Carolina committed the very first clearly intentional foul, these four posts popped up in the thread.

"One last ripoff from the zebras? Talk about a quick whistle with phantom contact ...."

"quick whistle and not very much contact...see if they can see it. Dude was out of control well before he was "touched". These refs suck."

"Told ya there would be a bad call."

"That fat short Leprechaun ref has hated Carolina for years."

The combined number of posts from those 4 posters? 38,200. How can you spend that much time talking about and presumably watching basketball and not know when your team is fouling to stop the clock?

They went all the way to Hawaii and all they get is a 3rd place game against Chaminade!

Then they get to go play IU in Bloomington.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Don't really want to check IC but I wonder what the excuse is.
    You may want to sit down for this, but they're blaming the officiating.

Beginning with 13 minutes to go, Carolina scored 40 points in 12 minutes--and got nothing in the last minute, because they started jacking up the first available three. Lack of discipline, lack of understanding. Ol' Roy surely does know how to do less with more.

Just maybe it's poor decision making by a worn out
    Young team

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    Unskew the refs!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Rough ending, I knew I shouldn't have started watching when I saw the 29 point spread in the 2nd half. Paige looks good, though. Overall, the Heels seem to lack sizzle. They have a lot of solid players but little personality, save for Paige.
    Paige is decent, but does not appear to be a "special" PG like those of the recent past. This UNC team has a lot of quickness but outside of ball pressure they are not good at using it. Butler got every look it wanted before they stopped playing offense. UNC interior defense is putrid, especially compared to last year. Mason will have a field day.

Good half-court teams who have good ball handlers will give this UNC team trouble. Slow them down and they are lost. Their best offense came on broken plays...

Jeff-Probst-Rob-Voted-Out_thumb[1].jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, see ya!

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Beginning with 13 minutes to go, Carolina scored 40 points in 12 minutes--and got nothing in the last minute, because they started jacking up the first available three. Lack of discipline, lack of understanding. Ol' Roy surely does know how to do less with more.
    Ummm, 40 points in 12 minutes is not lack of discipline, and in the last minute when you are forced to foul, it does make sense to jack up the first available 3.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Love the tweet from Dan Wetzel - UNC didn't show up tonight, but of course they still will receive academic credit.

I'll admit it was a great comeback attempt. What makes it great is the word "attempt".

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    it does make sense to jack up the first available 3.
    No, it makes sense to take the first good three that becomes available in the context of your offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetHurleyFan View Post
    Young team
    Worn out? Too much beach?

Maybe poor decision making by a poorly coached team?

Quote Originally Posted by davidson View Post
    Love the tweet from Dan Wetzel - UNC didn't show up tonight, but of course they still will receive academic credit.
    That is awesome. Maybe twitter isn't completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetHurleyFan View Post
    Young team
    Butler also played two games in 30 hours, and their decision making didn't go nearly as far south down the stretch.

Stop making excuses. Y'all got out-toughed and out-executed.

Brad Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    Well done Brad Stevens and team. I love the way he coaches and how his teams play!
    Brad Stevens just showed one more qualification for being K's successor ... He knows how to beat Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    Of course. And I'm sure they are using the disparity in foul shooting as an example. But I thought their excuse for this for years was the aggressor gets more FTs and looking at FTs doesn't indicate unfairness by the refs.

JMM didn't have a great game. He never really impressed me and I thought he should have pulled a Marvin Williams and left town. He lucks out a bit by being the only game in town, especially down low b/c I don't think he'd be able to dominate if a Zeller type was still there.

But the team will be a big jump shooting team. They don't have much to get to the rim and really only have 1 threat down low so I suspect they'll have a lot of Duke like games with cold shooting nights.