Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    I too watched parts of this game. Really mediocre performances by both teams. Texas up by eight points with about two minutes to go and they completely fell apart. Did anyone who watched the game notice the crowd, or lack of a crowd., A game played in Houston, very close to Austin. In contrast to the attendance at the Meadowlands. So my only comment, aside from two seemingly average teams, is the apparent lack of interest in Texas basketball.
    "Just like Clemson-clap, clap, clap/clap/clap"

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Did anyone who watched the game notice the crowd, or lack of a crowd.
    They played it in the Texans NFL stadium. The announced attendence was just under 2800 but actually closer to 2000 from accounts. Both fan bases are fickle so the lack of winning didn't help. Plus even in a good year most UT fans don't pay attention until after the bowl game. UCLA is really starting to worry about attendence at Pauley this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    They played it in the Texans NFL stadium. The announced attendence was just under 2800 but actually closer to 2000 from accounts. Both fan bases are fickle so the lack of winning didn't help. Plus even in a good year most UT fans don't pay attention until after the bowl game. UCLA is really starting to worry about attendence at Pauley this season.

I had to double check those attendance figures. I thought you might be missing a zero. Wow a game between Texas and UCLA and basically only their parents showed up. Unbelievable.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1756465

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Austin and Houston are over 160 miles apart. And college basketball doesn't mean anything in Texas. If they wanted a crowd they needed to play in Austin and tell people it was an indoor football game, then after they entered the arena lock the doors and don't let them leave.
    That's it! Great idea.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    That's it! Great idea.

ricks
    Oh! I didn't realize you were that Rick... Good luck with the new plan, Coach Barnes!

Quote Originally Posted by AL1804 View Post
    Oh! I didn't realize you were that Rick... Good luck with the new plan, Coach Barnes!
    You should already know that a few years ago Rick Barnes stated that he has the easiest coaching job in college basketball because there is no pressure on him to win. No one really cares very much. It sure has helped with our recruiting, however---Luol Deng, Rasheed Sulaimon, Daniel Ewing, and so many more.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    You should already know that a few years ago Rick Barnes stated that he has the easiest coaching job in college basketball because there is no pressure on him to win. No one really cares very much. It sure has helped with our recruiting, however---Luol Deng, Rasheed Sulaimon, Daniel Ewing, and so many more.

ricks
    I thought Luol Deng came from England and went to high school in New Jersey. What connection does he have to Texas?

Look on the bright side

At least not that many people saw Texas play like a JC team and finally collapse against a team that looked even worse.

I also heard Rick's halftime interview, and it appears that he hasn't gotten any smarter since leaving the ACC.

Barnes

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    At least not that many people saw Texas play like a JC team and finally collapse against a team that looked even worse.

I also heard Rick's halftime interview, and it appears that he hasn't gotten any smarter since leaving the ACC.
    I've always had a soft spot for Barnes, because he was willing to take on Dean Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post

he was smart in the ACC???????
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese