Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone know how to watch the game next Thursday on AXS TV?

I don't know if this has been discussed but is AXS.tv free? Is the game on anywhere else? If you have researched this could you provide some info. Thanks.

Update: I don't know about online but if you have Directv its on channel 340.

Where do you get regular TV? DishNetwork has AXS, at least for now.

Go here, click on subscribe, and see if that helps. You may be able to watch it on the internet.

Also, on that page a box will come up. You can enter your zip and provider to find which ones carry it in your area.

My Comcast does not carry AXS.

Time Warner Cable does not carry AXS.TV either. Neither does the Verizon Video app on my cell phone.

AT&T U-verse carries it, but I'm not prepared to switch (the current deals are more expensive than the deal I was able to get from TWC).

I don't think AXS.TV has an online subscription option. It looks like they'll point you to cable providers. I'd love to be proven wrong!

We've scheduled dinner around the game, and we're now thinking we'll have to find a sports bar, if any are open on Thanksgiving Day.

Espn player

I don't know about if this works in states but I live in Montreal and got an annual college pass at www.espnplayer.com. The total for annual college pass is CAD 149.99 and I get approximately 500 college basketball & football games that are broadcasted on any ESPN channels i.e. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3. This pass also includes NCAA March Madness games broadcasted by CBS.
    Good thing is most of Duke's games are on ESPN. So, I should be able to make the most of my subscription and may be able to catch a couple of Duke football games also.
    Transmission quality is full HD & is excellent. Obviously, you need to have a broadband internet connection for it to work.

Suddenlink cable subscribers

Suddenlink has AXS available, but only under their "HD Plus" option (channel 203) in my area. I just added that option ($6 or $8 mo.) so the large Duke crowd at my house on T-day can watch the game. Will just drop that package after.

I have seen the NBC Sports Network (ch 1514 on TWC) advertise coverage of this tournament. Don't know if they are carrying all the games.

Channel 569 on Verizon FiOS TV.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBlue View Post
    I don't know about if this works in states but I live in Montreal and got an annual college pass at www.espnplayer.com. The total for annual college pass is CAD 149.99 and I get approximately 500 college basketball & football games that are broadcasted on any ESPN channels i.e. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3. This pass also includes NCAA March Madness games broadcasted by CBS.
    Good thing is most of Duke's games are on ESPN. So, I should be able to make the most of my subscription and may be able to catch a couple of Duke football games also.
    Transmission quality is full HD & is excellent. Obviously, you need to have a broadband internet connection for it to work.
    This game is on AXS.TV, which is a limited distribution cable channel not controlled by the ESPN empire. Despite it's name of .TV, it is not an internet based channel for live programming.

"Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by markbdevil View Post
    I have seen the NBC Sports Network (ch 1514 on TWC) advertise coverage of this tournament. Don't know if they are carrying all the games.
    If you check the official Duke schedules, you will notice that the first day is on AXS.TV and the 2nd/3rd days are on NBCS.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedBlue View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely be considering that on a monthly basis ($29.99.)
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Double checked on the link provided above, and TWC doesn't carry it in the Triangle area. Here's a list of those that do and their channels.

AXS TV is available on Providers:

AT&T U-verse TV Channel #1105
    CenturyLink Prism - Raleigh Channel #1105
    DIRECTV Channel #340
    DISH Network Channel #362
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    If you check the official Duke schedules, you will notice that the first day is on AXS.TV and the 2nd/3rd days are on NBCS.
    Probably/maybe. The Duke schedule assumes, understandably, that Duke will beat Minn. The winners' bracket [evening] games are on NBCS. The consolation bracket [afternoon] games continue on AXS. Thus, if Duke beats Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on NBCS; if Duke loses to Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on AXS. Gotta beat Minn, for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Probably/maybe. The Duke schedule assumes, understandably, that Duke will beat Minn. The winners' bracket [evening] games are on NBCS. The consolation bracket [afternoon] games continue on AXS. Thus, if Duke beats Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on NBCS; if Duke loses to Minn, both of its other 2 games will be on AXS. Gotta beat Minn, for many reasons.
    I wondered about that also. I thought it was a bit presumptuous to list the actual time slots assuming we win the first two days. Brought to memory the famous quotes from the Indiana folks from an NCAA regional when the Duke support people were talking about what time they would play in the next round assuming we would beat Indiana, which we did not.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Double checked on the link provided above, and TWC doesn't carry it in the Triangle area. Here's a list of those that do and their channels.

AXS TV is available on Providers:

AT&T U-verse TV Channel #1105
    CenturyLink Prism - Raleigh Channel #1105
    DIRECTV Channel #340
    DISH Network Channel #362
    Thank you...just set my DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by wgl1228 View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed but is AXS.tv free? Is the game on anywhere else? If you have researched this could you provide some info. Thanks.
    I don't know what genius came up with the idea of giving the MN-Duke game to axs.tv, but axs.tv - and thus the game -isn't on the major cable providers in the Mpls-St Paul area either.

Quote Originally Posted by hobie2 View Post
    I don't know what genius came up with the idea of giving the MN-Duke game to axs.tv, but axs.tv - and thus the game -isn't on the major cable providers in the Mpls-St Paul area either.
    AXS.TV isn't even on the main Comcast/Xfinity channel listing, so I suppose it's nowhere in their network. -- sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    AXS.TV isn't even on the main Comcast/Xfinity channel listing, so I suppose it's nowhere in their network. -- sagegrouse
    It's channel 897 on my Comcast lineup here in a Philadelphia suburb.