2013 Football Schedule

In various places I've seen OOC games being Navy, Memphis, NCCU, and Elon. I'm guessing Elon won't be on the list due to NCCU being renewed, so any idea on the 4th OOC game?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    In various places I've seen OOC games being Navy, Memphis, NCCU, and Elon. I'm guessing Elon won't be on the list due to NCCU being renewed, so any idea on the 4th OOC game?
    www.fbschedules.com always comes up first in searches, which is why I trust that site (you know, like Wikipedia, the One Great Source).

Anyhow, that site has us playing Navy, Central, and Memphis. Nothing about Elon.

Also, I would be remiss in discussing our 2013 football schedule without mentioning our Jan 1 date in Miami, opponent TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    It does leave a spot open for Notre Dame if we get them next year.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    It does leave a spot open for Notre Dame if we get them next year.
    Notre Dame deal doesn't start until 2014.

This article explains some of the issues with scheduling. http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/10/8...e-the-fallout/

Duke has only 3 nonconference games scheduled
    for 2013 and 2014 because of the announced move to 9 game conference schedule, which has now been rescinded.

There should always be room for SMU, or Tulane.

Navy, NCCU and Memphis would be a good trio for us. I also had seen Elon up on one web site...guess that's inoperative now?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post

Navy, NCCU and Memphis would be a good trio for us. I also had seen Elon up on one web site...guess that's inoperative now?
    Elon is on the 2014 schedule. Elon and NCCU are FCS teams. You can only count one win a year over FCS teams towards bowl eligibility. Only a team that is extremely confident of a winning record over FBS teams, or hopelessly consigned to not being bowl eligible in the next five years, would schedule two in a year. Well, not on purpose anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No SMU sightings, but Tulane is on the schedule in 2014, 2015 and 2019. I like playing the service academies so it is nice to see Navy next season and Army in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Northwestern returns to the schedule in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 as well. Those could be tough games.

We still have one open date on the 2013 and 2014 schedules so it will be interesting to see which team is added.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Elon is on the 2014 schedule. Elon and NCCU are FCS teams. You can only count one win a year over FCS teams towards bowl eligibility. Only a team that is extremely confident of a winning record over FBS teams, or hopelessly consigned to not being bowl eligible in the next five years, would schedule two in a year. Well, not on purpose anyway.
    Or a team whose conference leaves a hole in your schedule by reducing the number of conference games in the next season without enough warning to find an FBS repalacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    No SMU sightings, but Tulane is on the schedule in 2014, 2015 and 2019. I like playing the service academies so it is nice to see Navy next season and Army in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Northwestern returns to the schedule in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 as well. Those could be tough games.

We still have one open date on the 2013 and 2014 schedules so it will be interesting to see which team is added.
    Not sure I want to see Alabama or Stanford on our schedule any time soon again either. But, if we want to be the best, we have to beat the best.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.