Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Linda Holmes of NPR reviews The Other Woman, and redefines the concept of "damning with faint praise" with this parting shot:

"If you were on an airplane, The Other Woman might not be preferable to simply staring into your empty airsick bag, but it has enough nicely executed physical comedy that in the event you become ill, it is definitely preferable to staring into your occupied airsick bag."

Link.

I was in a fantasy baseball league with Mr. Cassavetes. He is much taller than I, but I won the league.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This one is great! Review of The Green Knight.
    Here he's talking about indie movies, and how some shine and get lots of awards, and others, while getting lots of awards, suck.

The Green Knight is one such walking disaster. If you have never endured bad movies in your lifetime, it would behoove you to watch it, just to witness how a film can inflict over two hours of excruciating, mind-numbing pain.
    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/the-...092355283.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Unlike "The Green Knight", this reviewer of Clint Eastwood's "Cry Macho" seems to be in the majority.

It should be noted that, in this film, everyone gives a bad performance, including the rooster. When it comes to the humans, it makes sense, because the script is so atrocious it would seriously impair any actor. But the rooster couldn’t have read the script, so how did he go wrong?
    I have to assume Eastwood’s direction is so feeble at this point that he left the rooster to work out his own character unaided — and as a result, you don’t believe for a second that this rooster is a champion fighter in the ring who’s so formidable, he takes down one of the leather-clad bad guys, single-clawed. This rooster is clearly a mild-mannered pacifist, and the role is beyond him.
    https://jacobinmag.com/2021/09/clint...tKShSjTC7Xsi0Y
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

From what I've read, James Bond's "No Time to Die" isn't bad, but it still gets the Bad Movie Review from this guy.

Directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga with all the enthusiasm of an adolescent eating a plateful of Brussels sprouts, No Time to Die (in theaters Oct. 8) is primarily notable for failing to stage a single rousing set piece. Bond swings from a cord off a bridge, engages in some car chases, pilots a glider that transforms into a submarine, and shoots a lot of anonymous henchmen, none of which registers as the least bit remarkable.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-time-d...063833545.html

Yeah, but Yahoo?
    Then further down the page there's a "thrilling and emotional exit" for Daniel Craig tease.
    Bleech, yahoo, worthless jibber jabber.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Yeah, but Yahoo?
    Then further down the page there's a "thrilling and emotional exit" for Daniel Craig tease.
    Bleech, yahoo, worthless jibber jabber.
    Way off tangent of the subject at hand, but I'll bite. Yahoo is merely a portal to other news outlets writings, just like MSN.com. Nobody at Yahoo wrote it, it came originally from the Daily Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Way off tangent of the subject at hand, but I'll bite. Yahoo is merely a portal to other news outlets writings, just like MSN.com. Nobody at Yahoo wrote it, it came originally from the Daily Beast.
    Fair enough. I don't read any of them anyway. But thanks for the clarification.

Oooh, these words are delicious! From a review of the Will Ferrell / Ryan Reynolds movie "Spirited".

At one point, Ferrell has a big number where he wonders if he’s unredeemable, and I’d have to say that making me detest a Christmas movie—a nearly impossible task for a flamer as festive as me—answers that question with a resounding yes.
    the desperation bleeding from every frame of Spirited reeks like old, hardened fruitcake. Somehow, it manages to take an original spin on the single most adapted public domain story and flush it down the toilet, singing a solemn tune the whole way down.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/spirited-...000120432.html