Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster

Anyone else experience the complete, utter, colossal, epic failure by Ticketmaster for today's Taylor Swift presale? Unbelievable incompetence. They claim "unprecedented demand," but they literally controlled exactly how many people could enter the site via presale codes. Their communications and excuses were almost as bad as their performance.

It was a dumpster fire to be sure.

Yes. My post this morning in the Longest Thread Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Concert Tickets...OMG!

1) Register with the artist's website & newsletter
    2) Hope you have a credit card that partners with the artist to get first round of presale
    3) Sign up for Ticketmaster Fan verification and select up to three shows.
    4) Hope you are selected for one of the shows.
    5) Get selected 20 hour before presale on one card. No luck on the other two.
    6) Log into Ticketmaster 15 minutes before sale.
    7) Enter Lobby
    8) Enter Waiting Room with 10 minuted before start
    9) Enter Queue..."2000+ People Ahead of you"
    10) Wait for twenty minutes..."The Queue Has Been Temporarily Paused"
    11) Wait...Wait...Wait...Plan alternative Christmas present...wait.

I haven't even gotten to pricing. Ticketmaster does dynamic pricing so I'm not abandoning my place.
    God knows what they will be like for the regular sale. They also do their own scalping. The now charger 3x to another show I did get tickets for.

I miss going to the Record Bar in the mall and just getting tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    Take a look at the fees Ticketmaster charges. I rarely go to shows where they are the only path to tickets. Last time I saw an $80 upcharge for a $200 ticket.

Smaller acts/venues can be more fun anyway.

SEVEN HOURS LATER. Three tickets. One Christmas present done. I only need one kidney right? For comparison the Springsteen presale was a breeze (just pricey). I've disliked Ticketmaster for most of my life but it's a whole new level now. I got four Diamond View Springsteen seats in Hyde Park for the price of the two I got for the US tour. This fiasco is going to po a lot of people.

My wife put down Nashville as her preferred and ended up getting a code for Atlanta. Waited 6 hours in the queue today to purchase tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    My wife put down Nashville as her preferred and ended up getting a code for Atlanta. Waited 6 hours in the queue today to purchase tickets.
    Let me know if you want nose bleed for Friday Nashville. It's still letting me buy three tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Anyone else experience the complete, utter, colossal, epic failure by Ticketmaster for today's Taylor Swift presale? Unbelievable incompetence. They claim "unprecedented demand," but they literally controlled exactly how many people could enter the site via presale codes. Their communications and excuses were almost as bad as their performance.
    I’ve attended 500-1,000 concerts. Most before turning 33. Today’s ticket purchase experience was the craziest I’ve ever experienced. Fortunately, I was right place, right time. My luck has finally turned positive. Hope it last!

Color me puzzled as to how anybody could sit in that online queue for that long for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Color me puzzled as to how anybody could sit in that online queue for that long for anything.
    I’m truly not joking when I say “I’d do anything for my daughter!”. It was hell and the odds of success (~5%) were really bad.

We failed today, so we get to try it all again on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    We failed today, so we get to try it all again on Friday!
    Sorry you had a very bad ticket day!

Do you have a Cap One Card? I saw where they received a very large ticket allotment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

Do you have a Cap One Card? I saw where they received a very large ticket allotment.
    “Update: To better enable Ticketmaster’s systems to provide a smooth experience for cardholders and to address the historically unprecedented demand for tickets, the Capital One Cardholder Presale has been rescheduled to Wednesday, 11/16 at 2pm local venue time for all shows. This postponement will not impact ticket availability to Capital One cardholders.”

If you work at a computer or did it on your phone it wasn’t too bad. The key is to avoid the urge to refresh the page. Then wait….and wait…and wait. Once in be quick.

“Update: To better enable Ticketmaster’s systems to provide a smooth experience for cardholders and to address the historically unprecedented demand for tickets, the Capital One Cardholder Presale has been rescheduled to Wednesday, 11/16 at 2pm local venue time for all shows. This postponement will not impact ticket availability to Capital One cardholders.”
    Not all card are eligible but still try. You will need the first six digits and have to pay with that Capital One Card. Remember to be quick. The biggest worry would be dynamic pricing starts. I really hate Ticketmaster.

I don’t. Will try the regular sale on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    If you work at a computer or did it on your phone it wasn’t too bad. The key is to avoid the urge to refresh the page. Then wait….and wait…and wait. Once in be quick.

My sister waited six hours. She was scared to go pee. When she finally got through, tickets were gone. She was homicidal. She’s trying again with the Cap One sale.

maybe some really good ribs or something? Certainly not tickets to anything...

Ticketmaster has had those queues for over a year. What made me mad with the NCAA presale for Greensboro is that I could never buy tickets using 3 different browsers and 2 computers. It would not take my card. I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for the worst seats in the stadium in March.

Color me puzzled as to why anyone would queue up for Taylor Swift tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    A lot of people are fans of her and her music, would like to attend the concert, and are willing to invest time and money into that. What's puzzling about it? Is it just that you can't understand that someone might like something you don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    She’s going to have 52 sold out tour dates at FOOTBALL STADIUMS. Her and Adele might be the only artists under 55 that can have a solo stadium tour in the US. Springsteen could do it but he opted for arenas. U2, the Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Coldplay (they are under 65) maybe two or three more could pull it off. Dead and Company and Guns & Roses can do a baseball stadium / amphitheater tour with a couple of football stadiums but not a full NFL stadium tour. A bunch of people have been and will be fighting for tickets.

Also a lot of her fans are Millennials and Gen Z. They prefer experiences to accumulating stuff. This is right up their alley.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 11-16-2022 at 07:27 PM.

If Taylor Swift’s stickball game encroached on burnspbesq’s yard, he’d turn his sprinklers on.