Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs

Seven Psychopaths - early review

If you don't mind a little bit of blood splattering about while you laugh, then there is a really funny dark comedy you should check out.

Seven Pychopaths stars Colin Ferrell as a struggling screen writer. He's got a great title for his next film, "Seven Psychopaths", but he can't think of what the story will be or even who the psychopaths are. His best friend, played by Sam Rockwell, can help a bit because Sam is more than a little bit psycho himself. He's a guy who makes his living by kidnapping dogs and then returning them to the owner and colleting the reward. His partner in crime is Christopher Walken, who oozes quirky. The two of them end up crossing paths with a total psycho, Woody Harrellson, who plays a violent gangster whoís dog gets kidnapped. He's not really interested in paying a reward as much as he just wants to kill whoever took his dog.

The movie is full of quirky characters each of whom has a crazier story than the last, but they all are funny and seem really heartfelt. The film takes all kinds of strange twists and turns that may put some people off, but I really enjoyed. There were several points where I thought, "they can't pull all of these insane strings together in a way that makes sense," but I was wrong. It has a strange but very satisfying ending, which is not easy given what a bizarre journey we take with this group of psychos. The extreme blood and violence may turn some people off, but there really isnít any sense of peril or danger because the violence is really treated in a comedic fashion. The movie was written and directed by the same guy who did a small film called "In Bruges," which had a similar kind of violent but funny feel. If you want a laugh, you could do a lot worse than this.

-Jason "I can't believe what a good few weeks it has been at the theaters! Makes me eager for Skyfall" Evans
    Don't ask me why, but my mother is making me Tweet. Says it will be good for my career. So, follow my ramblings, mostly on the film industry, @TVFilmTalk

Is any of the violence or blood related to the dogs?

I can handle people getting mutilated, but not dogs. Or horses.

I am really looking forward to this movie: but then I think I might identify with one or more of the titular characters. I openly laughed in Looper every time a victim was sent back in time and was literally blown away by a looper's blunderbuss.

Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Is any of the violence or blood related to the dogs?

I can handle people getting mutilated, but not dogs. Or horses.

I am really looking forward to this movie: but then I think I might identify with one or more of the titular characters. I openly laughed in Looper every time a victim was sent back in time and was literally blown away by a looper's blunderbuss.
    Goodness no! They take great pains to protect the animals. A gun is held to a dog's head at one point, but no one pulls the trigger.

-Jason
    Don't ask me why, but my mother is making me Tweet. Says it will be good for my career. So, follow my ramblings, mostly on the film industry, @TVFilmTalk