Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game times for 10-20 announced

The Atlantic Coast Conference Monday announced the following

gametimes and networks for Saturday, Oct. 20.

Virginia Tech at Clemson, ABC, ESPN or ESPN2*, Noon

Wake Forest at Virginia, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Boston College at Georgia Tech, RSN, 3 p.m.

NC State at Maryland, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

North Carolina at Duke, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, 7 p.m.

Florida State at Miami, ABC, 8 p.m. (split national)

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Our ready for prime time players!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Makes me think of that old Sam Cooke number, "We're Having a Party." There will be plenty of time to party before the game.

I'm curious but don't remember, Jim.... when was the last time we had a night game in October?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wooooohoooooo!!!! I was thinking 3pm; I never expected to see an October night game...woohooo!! All day tailgate! (And I'm very happy we didn't get the 12:30 and I didn't have to eat my foot.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

ESPN2 or U

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Makes me think of that old Sam Cooke number, "We're Having a Party." There will be plenty of time to party before the game.

I'm curious but don't remember, Jim.... when was the last time we had a night game in October?
    To me, the real significance is not that it's a night game in October, but that it's a prime time national game -- maybe not ESPN, but 2 or U is still national.

We played a Thursday night ESPN game at Georgia Tech in 1996 (and got hammered 48-22). Has there been one since then?

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    but 2 or U is still national.
    Not necessarily. I believe U is still regional. We'll check listings as it gets closer to gameday.

ESPNU is only regional in that sometimes games that are found on ESPN2 in some parts of the country are on ESPNU in others. ESPN2/U means that the entire nation will be able to see us play on one of those channels.

Now, there's the situation that way more people have ESPN2 than ESPNU, but that's another story.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    ESPNU is only regional in that sometimes games that are found on ESPN2 in some parts of the country are on ESPNU in others. ESPN2/U means that the entire nation will be able to see us play on one of those channels.

Now, there's the situation that way more people have ESPN2 than ESPNU, but that's another story.
    I can't speak for all areas of the country, but around me in the northeast ESPNU is on the same cable packages as ESPN / ESPN2. You get one, you get them all.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I can't speak for all areas of the country, but around me in the northeast ESPNU is on the same cable packages as ESPN / ESPN2. You get one, you get them all.

- Chillin
    That's not always the case. A lot of times, ESPNU is carried on sports packages that you have to add (same tier as NBATV, Fox Soccer and others). Consider yourself one of the lucky ones!

2003-2004 HLM

- Chillin
    That's not what he means by regional - he means that some of the big sports networks (think ABC) will show a different game in different markets.

Anyhow, blazin may not be correct, according to the espn acc blog, the ESPN2/U games will be determined between those two AFTER this week's game. So it may not be regional as much as seeing how the teams do this week.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

- Chillin
    That is not the case in Norfolk with Cox Cable. I have ESPN and ESPN2, but access to ESPNU requires the Sports Package, which means a bigger bill.
    Bob Green

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    That's not what he means by regional - he means that some of the big sports networks (think ABC) will show a different game in different markets.

Anyhow, blazin may not be correct, according to the espn acc blog, the ESPN2/U games will be determined between those two AFTER this week's game. So it may not be regional as much as seeing how the teams do this week.
    Right, in that, here in Denver, I may get something like Arizona-Washington as the PAC-?? game rather than an ACC game. It remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wooooohoooooo!!!! I was thinking 3pm; I never expected to see an October night game...woohooo!! All day tailgate! (And I'm very happy we didn't get the 12:30 and I didn't have to eat my foot.)
    I hope the TBCC has ram chops on the menu that day and our guys can feast on some roasted sheep, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

7PM game is going to be horrible for student attendance. I've already heard the excuses start to crop up - "I can't make it because I have [social event] later that night." Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    7PM game is going to be horrible for student attendance. I've already heard the excuses start to crop up - "I can't make it because I have [social event] later that night." Ugh.
    As Duke continues to win and rebuild a winning tradition, priorities will shift. It is a process and takes time, but at some unknown point along the continuum, attending the football game will be THE social event.
    Bob Green

Tell them at Duke University, any Duke-UNC game IS the social event!!

2003-2004 HLM

If that turns out to be the case, it just gives us football alums and veterans an opportunity to re-establish a model for participation.

Oh, you can believe I did. I hope priorities shift ASAP.

I have a dream that the student section will be full to the gills with a bunch of young, enthusiastic, rowdy fans, hungry to bring the innovation of CIS chanting to WW. Wouldn't it be great to have a home game VS U of Win at any cost, dark blue out, fans drowning out that nauseating drone of "Tar...Heels" with creative anti Heels chant. Agree 1000% that this game IS the social event.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I hate the thought of the goal posts being the center of a great party on the quad in the middle of a bunch of students that didn't even go to the game. Hopefully attitudes will change by kickoff.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."