Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21
    Hells to the yeah, Prime-Time. I think it might be time for Cutcliff to call for a blackout... since the Carolina did a white out last weekend. I'm pumped for this game (i know it's two weeks away, but whatever). Who would have thought that Duke football would be getting me my football wins instead of the Panthers? Not me.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    We really need to beat Va Tech to keep up the momentum, or else we're going to see a lot of baby blue clothes in the seats at Wallace Wade that night.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Meeting with Marie Laveau
    Quote Originally Posted by jafarr1 View Post
    We really need to beat Va Tech to keep up the momentum, or else we're going to see a lot of baby blue clothes in the seats at Wallace Wade that night.
    No matter what the outcome is this Saturday, the baby blues will be there taking up seats in our house.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    No matter what the outcome is this Saturday, the baby blues will be there taking up seats in our house.
    Maybe, maybe not. They haven't done a great job taking up seats in their own house. I know Duke has sold a lot of tickets for the game, so the stadium should be packed; we just don't know with which color. I'd love to see a game where we can actually drown out that gawd-awful "tar------heels" chant.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N. Charleston, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. They haven't done a great job taking up seats in their own house. I know Duke has sold a lot of tickets for the game, so the stadium should be packed; we just don't know with which color. I'd love to see a game where we can actually drown out that gawd-awful "tar------heels" chant.
    with Academic--------Fraud

  6. #26
    If you're sitting on the fence about whether or not to go to this game, get off it!

    Get your tickets here: http://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHo...GORIES_ID=7302

  7. #27
    Hope students will show up and support this team and yes there will be much baby blue in WW OCT 20 so DUKE fans unite and get to WW and let's bring back the bell and keep winning!!!!!!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    If you're sitting on the fence about whether or not to go to this game, get off it!

    Get your tickets here: http://tkt.xosn.com/tickets/TicketHo...GORIES_ID=7302
    Have all tickets this year been around $46? I live a plane ride away so haven't been able to go to to any this year, but was just curious as that seems like a steady increase from years past. (I see that Miami is $36, so perhaps "marquee" games are a bit more.) I thought a couple years ago, SEASON tickets could be had for just a bit more than $100 unless I'm misremembering.

    Based on attendance figures, that price seems high for normal games. For UNC, I'd think it should be pretty full, though, so it makes sense in this instance. But for earlier games, I'd think it'd be a net positive if more people were in the seats and the revenue was a bit decreased. Although I assume they've done that cost benefit analysis.

    Having said that, I'll be cheering from afar. A win would be huge. GTHC!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Have all tickets this year been around $46? I live a plane ride away so haven't been able to go to to any this year, but was just curious as that seems like a steady increase from years past. (I see that Miami is $36, so perhaps "marquee" games are a bit more.) I thought a couple years ago, SEASON tickets could be had for just a bit more than $100 unless I'm misremembering.

    Based on attendance figures, that price seems high for normal games. For UNC, I'd think it should be pretty full, though, so it makes sense in this instance. But for earlier games, I'd think it'd be a net positive if more people were in the seats and the revenue was a bit decreased. Although I assume they've done that cost benefit analysis.

    Having said that, I'll be cheering from afar. A win would be huge. GTHC!
    Season tickets can still be bought pretty cheaply, and yes the marquee games go up. Notice that Miami is less than the games before it. (Yet it may be more important than either of those.) As much as I want people to buy from Duke, I want Wallace Wade packed with Duke blue, so I'd look at Stub Hub and other sites too for better prices. Or show up game day and see what you find. Not guaranteed for the unc game, but every other game you can get a ticket outside the stadium for much less than face, often free.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Have all tickets this year been around $46? I live a plane ride away so haven't been able to go to to any this year, but was just curious as that seems like a steady increase from years past. (I see that Miami is $36, so perhaps "marquee" games are a bit more.) I thought a couple years ago, SEASON tickets could be had for just a bit more than $100 unless I'm misremembering.

    Based on attendance figures, that price seems high for normal games. For UNC, I'd think it should be pretty full, though, so it makes sense in this instance. But for earlier games, I'd think it'd be a net positive if more people were in the seats and the revenue was a bit decreased. Although I assume they've done that cost benefit analysis.

    Having said that, I'll be cheering from afar. A win would be huge. GTHC!
    I would take my chances on picking up tickets at game if you want 2 or less. If both Duke and Unc win this weekend you will pay face if they both lose you will pay less that face. If Unc loses and Duke wins IMO less Unc fans will come but what do I know.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Season tickets can still be bought pretty cheaply, and yes the marquee games go up. Notice that Miami is less than the games before it. (Yet it may be more important than either of those.) As much as I want people to buy from Duke, I want Wallace Wade packed with Duke blue, so I'd look at Stub Hub and other sites too for better prices. Or show up game day and see what you find. Not guaranteed for the unc game, but every other game you can get a ticket outside the stadium for much less than face, often free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil549 View Post
    I would take my chances on picking up tickets at game if you want 2 or less. If both Duke and Unc win this weekend you will pay face if they both lose you will pay less that face. If Unc loses and Duke wins IMO less Unc fans will come but what do I know.
    Thanks for the responses. Just to be clear, I would certainly be willing to pay face for tickets for Duke-UNC, but will be watching from afar because I live far away - the ticket price isn't the deterrent for me. I just hadn't noticed them until now and thought they may be a bit high for perhaps a more casual fan/somebody in Durham looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon and was questioning the strategy behind that in light of attendance figures. I expect a big crowd for UNC though. Ok, back to the regularly scheduled thread.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That is not the case in Norfolk with Cox Cable. I have ESPN and ESPN2, but access to ESPNU requires the Sports Package, which means a bigger bill.
    Bob, aren't you going to be AT the game?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Bob, aren't you going to be AT the game?
    Oh yeah, I'll be in Wallace Wade Stadium! I was just commenting on the whole ESPN package thing.
    Bob Green
    United States Navy (Retired)
    @JBobGreen

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That is not the case in Norfolk with Cox Cable. I have ESPN and ESPN2, but access to ESPNU requires the Sports Package, which means a bigger bill.
    Bob and other cable subscribers -- I got ESPN-U, BigTen Network and other stuff for free. I called Comcast in DC to complain vociferously about something (balky modem, no doubt) and the service rep, to mollify me, expanded my service and added about 30 channels. My interpretation: new customers were already being offered an expanded package, but I had to give them a reason to give it to me. You might want to ask or do some snooping into plans for new subscribers.

    sagegrouse

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Oh yeah, I'll be in Wallace Wade Stadium! I was just commenting on the whole ESPN package thing.
    Hell, we'll have the game on in the parking lot so you can enjoy the game both live and virtually.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  16. #36
    If people were wondering, we are competing against two SEC games for this timeslot. The worse of the two SEC games will be on their syndicated cable package leaving one game to fight it out with Duke for the ESPN2 slot. The other games are 5-1 Georgia against possible 1-6 Kentucky (they play Arkansas) and Mississippi State (playing Tennessee) who could still be undefeated against Middle Tennessee State (could be 4-2 if they beat FIU).

  17. #37
    Tickets can be bought for much less than $46 at goduke.com if you have a promo code (AAA, Cone Health, State Workers, Harris Teeter, and Medical Group). I know the codes for AAA and Harris Teeter are "AAA" and "VIC" but both were sold out when I checked earlier today. The other codes aren't hard to figure out and one of them did have tickets available.

  18. #38
    Looks like ESPNU for this one.

Similar Threads

  1. Game times for 10-13-12 announced
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-05-2012, 05:00 PM
  2. Game times for 11-5 announced
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
  3. game times for 10-29 announced.
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
  4. Game times for 10-22 announced
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
  5. Game times for 10-23 announced
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •