Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    From what I'm hearing, the only chance Duke doesn't play in the Belk Bowl is if one of the first three bowls picks Duke ... and that's not likely.
    I would agree we will be available when Belk picks. So I guess they are wanting to pass on NCSU since they were there last year and VT to avoid a rematch with Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I would agree we will be available when Belk picks. So I guess they are wanting to pass on NCSU since they were there last year and VT to avoid a rematch with Cincy.
    Also, it's possible that USC will be taken by the Sun Bowl, and VT (if GT is already selected) might be attractive for them to create a matchup casual fans might be interested in.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Also, it's possible that USC will be taken by the Sun Bowl, and VT (if GT is already selected) might be attractive for them to create a matchup casual fans might be interested in.
    The only way GT is not available to the Sun Bowl is if they are in the Orange Bowl. Now, under the special circumstances view considering the waiver, etc. I could see the Sun making a deal with the league and GT to pass on them if GT agrees on another bowl down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    The only way GT is not available to the Sun Bowl is if they are in the Orange Bowl. Now, under the special circumstances view considering the waiver, etc. I could see the Sun making a deal with the league and GT to pass on them if GT agrees on another bowl down the list.
    They could be picked by the Russell Athletic Bowl (3rd in pecking order). Not saying that's likely, but they have said they would decide between GT, VT and NC State to fill their ACC slot.

2003-2004 HLM

Palm says Music City vs. Vanderbilt (post ACCCG update)

I still think the Belk Bowl is in play. He has NC State going there to play Cincy. Cincy is an easier opponent than Vanderbilt.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...fb_na_txt_0001

Quote Originally Posted by ns7 View Post
    I still think the Belk Bowl is in play. He has NC State going there to play Cincy. Cincy is an easier opponent than Vanderbilt.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...fb_na_txt_0001
    It all depends on the RA bowl. If they take VT like Palm has listed, then the Belk is likely to take State unless State tells them they would rather go to Nashville than a second year in a row in Charlotte.

When it comes down to it...

When it comes down to it and Duke finally has a chance to be selected there will be there bowls left along with VT and NCST. I know alot of people have said the Belk Bowl really wants Duke, I just can't see in that scenario that Duke isn't selected last. We have the least to offer in alot of categories. In that case we'll be headed to Nashville as the Music City Bowl has the last pick. Which would be fine with me and I guarantee the players would love. Of course that's just my guess based on my understanding

Espn's mcmurphy just leaked the acc bowls...duke to Belk

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Espn's mcmurphy just leaked the acc bowls...duke to Belk
    Cincy is a solid team with wins over Pitt, VPI and other quality teams. Gonna be difficult to win our 1st bowl game in 50 years.

So now the question...do I pull the all-nighter to go to this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So now the question...do I pull the all-nighter to go to this game?
    Not sure what the question is. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I saw the question, but there's but 1 answer

Well consider me bummed.

I was hoping for Nashville for both the fans and the players. Playing in Charlotte...oh well, guess I should just be glad they're playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp4me View Post
    I was hoping for Nashville for both the fans and the players. Playing in Charlotte...oh well, guess I should just be glad they're playing.
    Let's wait till Bowls are an annual thing before we complain about location and placement. I don't think any player is disappointed here.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Let's wait till Bowls are an annual thing before we complain about location and placement. I don't think any player is disappointed here.
    I agree. I am actually really excited about it being in Charlotte, as it is relatively central to many of my former classmates, making it very drivable. I want as high a turn out as possible!

I can't wait to go to my first Duke Bowl! WOO!

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm very happy with Charlotte. Doable day trip, doesn't mess with my NYE plans, and its the hometown of a lot of our guys. I'm pumped.

ETA: My "location" is a little out of date, otherwise I would certainly be disappointed!^

One thing that everyone who's going to the bowl game should do (and that should be everyone!): purchase your tickets through Duke. Don't go through other channels to get tickets. Duke gets a block of tickets that, if gone unsold, must be picked up by the university. This is also what bowls like to use as a judgment for picking a particular team for their bowl game (can they sell their ticket block). So, if you get a ticket through another channel than the Duke ticket office, that's just one more ticket that Duke still has to sell.

Most schools who go to bowl games actually lose money, and this is a huge reason why. It will be great if all of us who are going help our school by keeping their ticket hit as low as possible. Plus, it will be so awesome to look at the Duke section and see thousands and thousands of Blue Devils cheering together. I can't wait for this!

2003-2004 HLM

There's a potential advantage to Charlotte. Cut has targeted the greater Charlotte area in recruiting, with some success. Some of Duke's best players are from Charlotte and nearby communities.

What better way to showcase the improved quality of the program to the locals?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    I saw the question, but there's but 1 answer
    Making this call while dead tired is probably kind of like going to the grocery store hungry...ultimately yeah I think I'm going to have to do it. Really wish there was a way to get Friday off...but most importantly GUYS WE'RE GOING TO A BOWL!!!!