NCAA Football Polls 10/7/2012

This weeks AP Poll has been released. Only four ACC teams received votes. FSU dropped to 12th after its last second loss. Clemson is at 16. NC State received 17 points in the "Others receiving votes" catergory. Last, but certainly not least, Duke got 3 points, all thanks to John Silver of the Journal Inquirer from Manchester, Connecticut. His entire ballot can be seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    This weeks AP Poll has been released. Only four ACC teams received votes. FSU dropped to 12th after its last second loss. Clemson is at 16. NC State received 17 points in the "Others receiving votes" catergory. Last, but certainly not least, Duke got 3 points, all thanks to John Silver of the Journal Inquirer from Manchester, Connecticut. His entire ballot can be seen here.
    As I posted in another thread, Duke had 10 points in the coaches poll: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=3. Curious if the Ol' Ball Coach gave us one of those.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    As I posted in another thread, Duke had 10 points in the coaches poll: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/polls?poll=3. Curious if the Ol' Ball Coach gave us one of those.
    I'm sure at least some of those come from Coach Spurrier.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    John Silver is my new favorite writer!

SEC bias is showing. LSU is not a top 10 team, after two lackluster wins against pretty bad teams and then losing to Florida. In fact, that loss might have been their best performance. But Florida top 5? They had to come back against a less-than-stellar LSU team, at home, to win unimpressively 14-6. What is it, a rule now that you've got to have 3 SEC teams in the top 5, or 4 in the top 10, no matter what?

Shouldn't start a bowl selection vigil thread until we get the sixth win, but ESPN projects us to the Belk Bowl December 27th.

If we're gonna dream, might as well think where that dream could take us. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Replacing Feinstein, right?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Obviously we are conditioned to pay attention to the AP poll. There is also this other important poll to keep an eye on. The Harris Poll had its first poll released on Sunday. Duke got 21 votes in that poll:
    http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vau...ct_07_2012.pdf

Since both key human polls are out and five of the six computer polls are out, that means that it is possible to make a hypothetical BCS poll for the first time this season. Duke is 38th in those standings.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Obviously we are conditioned to pay attention to the AP poll. There is also this other important poll to keep an eye on. The Harris Poll had its first poll released on Sunday. Duke got 21 votes in that poll:
    http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vau...ct_07_2012.pdf

Since both key human polls are out and five of the six computer polls are out, that means that it is possible to make a hypothetical BCS poll for the first time this season. Duke is 38th in those standings.
    The BCS rankings do not use the AP poll, just the Coaches poll, Harris poll, and the computer rankings.

my gamecocks looking good...

@lsu next week...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    The BCS rankings do not use the AP poll, just the Coaches poll, Harris poll, and the computer rankings.
    Yes, that was the point of my post. Most people respect the AP poll the most, but it does not actually mean anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Per linkedin, Mr. Silver knows how to write a football story, as his bio mentions a first place national award for best column awarded by the Football Writers' Association of America (August 2010). I trust his judgment as to who is the 23rd fairest football team in the land ...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    my gamecocks looking good...

@lsu next week...
    I'll be rooting for the gamecocks in that one. I seriously have no idea how LSU is still rated where they are. I don't think they've been a top-10 team since Auburn.

Oh wait. There's a 3-letter word that explains why. S-E-C.