Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adele a Bond Girl / Skyfall

At least that's the way she'll remember it

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/li...%20-%20Holdout

The full version of the Skyfall theme is being released for sale tonight. I was hoping for more, but still its better than a lot of the recent themes.

I am such a Bond fanboy, that I'm actually a bit excited to see Skyfall. I am interested in the plotline suggesting that Daniel Craig's (age 42) Bond is "too old" for his current line of work. Connery did "Never Say Never" at 53. The actor I would most have enjoyed seeing play Bond, Liam Neeson, is still kicking mass and "Taken" names at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I am such a Bond fanboy, that I'm actually a bit excited to see Skyfall. I am interested in the plotline suggesting that Daniel Craig's (age 42) Bond is "too old" for his current line of work. Connery did "Never Say Never" at 53. The actor I would most have enjoyed seeing play Bond, Liam Neeson, is still kicking mass and "Taken" names at 60.
    Too old?!?! They have already signed him up for 2 more Bond films after Skyfall.

-Jason "Bond will live forever!!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    At least that's the way she'll remember it

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/li...%20-%20Holdout

The full version of the Skyfall theme is being released for sale tonight. I was hoping for more, but still its better than a lot of the recent themes.

I've been looking forward to this for months, and was completely underwhelmed. Not horrible, but a big letdown given my high hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    I've been looking forward to this for months, and was completely underwhelmed. Not horrible, but a big letdown given my high hopes.
    I would agree. Adele might carry this sound in the charts, but not a huge fan of it.

Never really wanted to see Liam as Bond, Clive would have been the good safe pick but he turned it down and I think it worked out very well for Bond. Craig seems to have passed Dalton and Brosnan and some plaes even say he is better than Moore. Of course some of that has to do with him being the current Bond, but I think he'll be looked on as a very good Bond and a great selection.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    Never really wanted to see Liam as Bond, Clive would have been the good safe pick but he turned it down and I think it worked out very well for Bond. Craig seems to have passed Dalton and Brosnan and some plaes even say he is better than Moore. Of course some of that has to do with him being the current Bond, but I think he'll be looked on as a very good Bond and a great selection.
    He is playing Bond darker and more gritty than Moore and Brosnan did. They were both "pretty" Bonds. Craig is much closer to the Sean Connery version. Movie heroes and blockbusters have all embraced "the dark side" in recent years and audiences seem to like it (I think we have Sam Rami, Christopher Nolan, and Brian Singer to thank).

-Jason "I doubt he'd do it, but I think Fassbender (currently 35) could be an amazing Bond in a half a decade or so when Daniel Craig (44) is done" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He is playing Bond darker and more gritty than Moore and Brosnan did. They were both "pretty" Bonds. Craig is much closer to the Sean Connery version. Movie heroes and blockbusters have all embraced "the dark side" in recent years and audiences seem to like it (I think we have Sam Rami, Christopher Nolan, and Brian Singer to thank).

-Jason "I doubt he'd do it, but I think Fassbender (currently 35) could be an amazing Bond in a half a decade or so when Daniel Craig (44) is done" Evans
    I also think Craig's version - even more so than Connery's - is closer to the way the character is written by Ian Fleming. Suave and handsome, to be sure, but also troubled and quite often sadistically brutal.

Upon first listen, I like it. I can see getting tired of it after constant radio play -- it is a bit repetitive. But it's not a bad song at all.

And about time. It's been 27 years, 9 Bond films, and 3 Bond actors since a UK act recorded a Bond theme. (Garbage is an American band with a Scottish vocalist.)

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    I also think Craig's version - even more so than Connery's - is closer to the way the character is written by Ian Fleming. Suave and handsome, to be sure, but also troubled and quite often sadistically brutal.
    I believe Ian Fleming himself said that Timothy Dalton's take was the closest to the character as written. This was pre-Craig, of course, but worth noting.

Fassbender would be a GREAT James Bond.

I always thought I would have made a great Bond, but, sadly, now I am too old. Oh, what might have been.

I thought Jason Isaacs would have made a great Bond back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I thought Jason Isaacs would have made a great Bond back in the day.
    Good call, though that dude has been typecast as a bad guy for so much of his career. I mean, he was over-the-top evil in The Patriot and he is best known today for 8 films worth of Lucious Malfoy. I did love him in Awake though and wish that show had been given more of a chance to thrive.

If they want to go young in a half decade or so, Alex Pettyfer (currently 21) could be a decent choice. Even a straight male can admit he looks quite nice. Nicholas Hoult (22), who was the young Beast in X-Men: First Class, could be a decent choice too. I would suggest Henry Caville (28), but I dunno if someone can go from Superman to Bond. I mentioned a former Potter actor and the one I think could maybe be a Bond someday is Tom Felton (24), though I want to see him do something other than slimy and low after his work in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

And, if they really want to make a splash, there's someone who is a big star who is British who is currently 25 and who has shown he can carry a franchise...

-Jason "I am enjoying it, but this is silly as it is at least 5-6 years away... at least" Evans

Good call, though that dude has been typecast as a bad guy for so much of his career. I mean, he was over-the-top evil in The Patriot and he is best known today for 8 films worth of Lucious Malfoy. I did love him in Awake though and wish that show had been given more of a chance to thrive.

If they want to go young in a half decade or so, Alex Pettyfer (currently 21) could be a decent choice. Even a straight male can admit he looks quite nice. Nicholas Hoult (22), who was the young Beast in X-Men: First Class, could be a decent choice too. I would suggest Henry Caville (28), but I dunno if someone can go from Superman to Bond. I mentioned a former Potter actor and the one I think could maybe be a Bond someday is Tom Felton (24), though I want to see him do something other than slimy and low after his work in Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

And, if they really want to make a splash, there's someone who is a big star who is British who is currently 25 and who has shown he can carry a franchise...

-Jason "I am enjoying it, but this is silly as it is at least 5-6 years away... at least" Evans
    The only one of those I think really has the look is Cavill. Maybe Hoult. Felton is just too scrawny and Pattinson is too... Edward. He'd have to get some other roles to distance himself before being Bond. It's easier to get from Superman to Bond than Edward to Bond, IMHO.

Funny how many HP folks made the list... Isaacs, Pattinson, Felton.

I wasn't disappointed in the Adele theme for Skyfall, only because Bond themes usually stink. I'm not sure if there's a certain sound they're looking for or what, but several artists who have done the themes seem to go away from their usual sound in doing the Bond theme. Fortunately, the theme will be out of the way early in the movie, and we can get on with seeing what Sam Mendes has in store for Bond and M.

Btw, great discussion on possible future Bonds...but who in the world is going to be able to fill Judi Densch's shoes as M? She is amazing in the role...especially teamed up with Craig.

The only one of those I think really has the look is Cavill. Maybe Hoult. Felton is just too scrawny and Pattinson is too... Edward. He'd have to get some other roles to distance himself before being Bond. It's easier to get from Superman to Bond than Edward to Bond, IMHO.

If they wanted to go for another cheeky Scot, I could see Ewan McGregor in the role, but he might be pushing the age boundaries depending on how long Craig lasts. Another Scotsman (who would need to bulk up) could be James McAvoy.

No offense to Adele, but this is what a Bond song should be like.

Ahh...Shirley...

Pattinson is about as intimidating as a wet shih tzu in a pale pink tutu. My choice would be Colin Farrell(36). Perfect blend of swagger and deadly aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Pattinson is about as intimidating as a wet shih tzu in a pale pink tutu. My choice would be Colin Farrell(36). Perfect blend of swagger and deadly aggression.
    Picking an Irishman would bring it full circle back to Sean, which I like.

Jason Statham would make a good Bond.
    Tom Mac

How so?

Connery was born in Scotland, not Ireland.