New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

BBQ Competition Time!!

The football and bbq gods got together and decided to once again allow the True Blue 'Cue Crew a weekend to compete without having to worry about leaving the hungry masses to fend for themselves on Devil's Alley.
    We'll be turning in our ribs as kickoff gets under way vs. the Hokies; our chicken will have already been submitted to the judges' mercy. We are returning to try to once again come home with a stylish hand blown glass trophy, hopefully more than one. Last year was our first contest of any kind and we came back to Wallace Wade with third place in pork out of 47 teams.
    This year there are 42 total, so still a good number and most are familiar names. If anyone is in or around Rocky Mount next weekend, please come by and party down with us as we bring our tailgate and smoking skills to the badlands between tarheel and pirate country.

http://www.bbqthrowdown.net/

tbccsmall.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The football and bbq gods got together and decided to once again allow the True Blue 'Cue Crew a weekend to compete without having to worry about leaving the hungry masses to fend for themselves on Devil's Alley.
    We'll be turning in our ribs as kickoff gets under way vs. the Hokies; our chicken will have already been submitted to the judges' mercy. We are returning to try to once again come home with a stylish hand blown glass trophy, hopefully more than one. Last year was our first contest of any kind and we came back to Wallace Wade with third place in pork out of 47 teams.
    This year there are 42 total, so still a good number and most are familiar names. If anyone is in or around Rocky Mount next weekend, please come by and party down with us as we bring our tailgate and smoking skills to the badlands between tarheel and pirate country.

http://www.bbqthrowdown.net/

tbccsmall.jpg
    Why isn't this called "Duke vs. Kentucky?"

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    Why isn't this called "Duke vs. Kentucky?"

Because CB&B is not a commercial operation with a storefront, but is instead a dude with a ferocious desire to cook for Duke fans.

I only wish I could try his fare, but the miles are too long.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Because CB&B is not a commercial operation with a storefront, but is instead a dude with a ferocious desire to cook for Duke fans.

I only wish I could try his fare, but the miles are too long.
    We might have to find a way to box some up and ship it.

As far as Duke vs Kentucky...there are a few teams from Virginia but none brave enough to bring their blue grass stylings to Rocky Mount. Wimps.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I really, truly wish I could join you guys... Talking Duke while eating great BBQ sounds like a dream come true!

Please take, and share, some photos! Every guy on earth loves seeing bits of meat!

And remember... Not too heavy on the sauces, please!

I'll be posting pics to both our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tru...27120737343228) and our website (http://truebluecuecrew.com/index.php?p=1_6_Pics).

It's fun during the competitions to go around and talk with the other teams and check out some of their rigs. Our grills are nothing more than many use for your average backyard cooking (although we have a new one being built now that is trailerable), but some of these folks have pits that they have paid over 10,000 for. It's amazing to see the variety of styles of grills that are used, and the way teams have their kitchens set up. We are under tents, but many use motor homes.