Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If not mentioned already, UVa was 4/16 on 3rd down conversions and 0/3 on fourth down attempts.

Very impressive.
    Thy were also 0/scoring in the second half

amazing defensive effort
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Thy were also 0/scoring in the second half

amazing defensive effort
    With 5 first downs, as someone already mentioned, and about 140 yards.

Wal-ter Can-ty-clap,clap, clap/clap/clap.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

With 5 first downs, as someone already mentioned, and about 140 yards.

Wal-ter Can-ty-clap,clap, clap/clap/clap.
    Two yards rushing in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Two yards rushing in the second half.
    And Canty contributed to that with a great play-a tackle for a loss of 2 yards when UVa had a 4th and 1 near midfield.

Another two stands out prominently in the UVa stats: two turnovers.

I don't see how anyone could call it any other way.

Boone had a very good game, yes, but he was "only" 18-31...and was very close to picks on a couple occasions along with several overthrown balls. No doubt he is going to take the reigns for the next two years, and his 4 TD performance was great, but he still has work to do to become near the level of renfree, who has yet to have a game this year with a <70% completion rate...

either way, great experience for boone, this team will be in good hands when renfree steps aside
    He reminds me of a young Thad Lewis - doesn't need to use his legs, but can when he needs to, and can throw deep when the moment is there (I've seen at least one of those bombs with Eron Riley before). He's clearly raw - like i said, a YOUNG Thad Lewis...but Thad was terrific. And if that's what we have to look forward to next year, we're in real good shape.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    He reminds me of a young Thad Lewis - doesn't need to use his legs, but can when he needs to, and can throw deep when the moment is there (I've seen at least one of those bombs with Eron Riley before). He's clearly raw - like i said, a YOUNG Thad Lewis...but Thad was terrific. And if that's what we have to look forward to next year, we're in real good shape.
    if we go from thad, to renfree, to boone...does duke become a go to place for quarterbacks?
    1200. DDMF.

if we go from thad, to renfree, to boone...does duke become a go to place for quarterbacks?
    It's not already? That's Cutcliffe's specialty, ya know.

Carolina Delenda Est

It's not already? That's Cutcliffe's specialty, ya know.
    you don't say????

1200. DDMF.

FWIW, the Duke coaches really, really, really like Thomas Sirk. Better physical tools than Boone or Connette and a great skill set.

No experience going into next season. But don't assume Boone just walks into the starting spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    FWIW, the Duke coaches really, really, really like Thomas Sirk. Better physical tools than Boone or Connette and a great skill set.

No experience going into next season. But don't assume Boone just walks into the starting spot.
    Oh nos, we might have competition between good options for the QB position next year! I'm quaking with fear!

Of all the problems to have....

Carolina Delenda Est

Seconded. A friend who lived on my floor last year was a trainer for the team and had nothing but excellent things to say about Sirk. We'll be in great hands at the QB position for at least a while longer after Sean departs.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Seconded. A friend who lived on my floor last year was a trainer for the team and had nothing but excellent things to say about Sirk. We'll be in great hands at the QB position for at least a while longer after Sean departs.
    I wouldn't be offended for Duke to be called QBU.

Oh nos, we might have competition between good options for the QB position next year! I'm quaking with fear!

Of all the problems to have....
    More bad news (jk, of course). Just like this year we could see 3 QB on the field at one. Sirk taking the snap, Connette in the backfield or as TE and Boone as WR. Or some permutation thereof.

More bad news (jk, of course). Just like this year we could see 3 QB on the field at one. Sirk taking the snap, Connette in the backfield or as TE and Boone as WR. Or some permutation thereof.
    I am waiting for them to use Connette as a pulling guard. He'll, he does everything else. I hear he even tidies up the locker room after practice in order to "leave no footprints."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I am waiting for them to use Connette as a pulling guard. He'll, he does everything else. I hear he even tidies up the locker room after practice in order to "leave no footprints."
    Coach Cut called Connette his "Phantom Of the Opera"" on Friday. Says you never know which positional meeting he is going to show up for during the week, or where you will see him on Saturday's.

He's a bit small for that, even at 6'2" and 225 pounds. Now, maybe as LB...

And that's not even considering who might be recruited to QBU.

The more I think about this and reflect on Jim Sumner's analysis last week, the more impressed I am with the "patchwork quilt" we have out there with so many injuries. I think we'll have a real test on the road this week against a hungry and perhaps desperate Hokie team on their turf. Hoping we get a couple or three guys back this week...

The more I think about this and reflect on Jim Sumner's analysis last week, the more impressed I am with the "patchwork quilt" we have out there with so many injuries. I think we'll have a real test on the road this week against a hungry and perhaps desperate Hokie team on their turf. Hoping we get a couple or three guys back this week...
    Anyone notice Ross Cockrell, after a nice tackle, seemingly play with one arm at his side for a stretch? He's one tough hombre.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Anyone notice Ross Cockrell, after a nice tackle, seemingly play with one arm at his side for a stretch? He's one tough hombre.
    Either Coach or Conty said that Russ was banged up.