Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Austin just committed to Memphis via Paul Biancardi...next play, not really hurt about this one, I'm sure Amile will be more than up to the challenge next year

I live in the Memphis area and I can tell you that the insiders are absolutely shocked that he didn't go to UT.

Oh well, come on Jabari!

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    From the man himself:
    "‏@a_nichols33 I have committed to the University of Memphis! #GoTigers"
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The family has emphasized academics in its communications with Duke.
    No disrespect to Memphis, but these two facts seem rather inconsistent. Oh well. Good luck at Memphis, Mr. Nichols.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Guarantee you Pastner promised him a starting spot. Unless you're name is Kyrie Irving, K's not telling you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Guarantee you Pastner promised him a starting spot. Unless you're name is Kyrie Irving, K's not telling you that.
    K didn't even tell Kyrie that. He won't tell Parker that. He didn't tell Rivers that. No one gets a guarantee of anything at Duke. You earn it with hard work in practice. I would not want K to operate any other way.

I wish Austin all the best at Memphis. I join others in being surprised his recruitment ended up this way as most seemed to feel Tennessee was the top "stay at home" option. But, Memphis is a high quality program and Pastner is a fine recruiter.

-Jason "with Memphis joining the Big East, I figure they will be on national TV at least 25% as much as Duke is" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

A bit surprised to see Memphis get the nod here, but recruiting frequently produces surprises.

I was reminded of Elliot Williams and his transfer from Duke to Memphis, where proximity to home was also a factor, though involving illness.

Didn't realize Elliot's difficulties until I read the Wiki bio.

Williams was selected 22nd overall in the 2010 NBA Draft by the Portland Trail Blazers. After playing in the preseason for the Trail Blazers, Williams missed the entire 2010–11 season due to a knee injury.[1] Williams also missed a significant portion of the 2011–12 NBA season after dislocating his shoulder during an early March practice. Williams had made 24 appearances over the course of the season, averaging 6.2 minutes per game. Williams will miss the entire 2012–13 season due to an achilles injury.
    Yikes...talk about an injury bug.

We still might get him when he transfers.