Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    He certainly looked that good on March 16th.
    true...just kinda surprising, and not to mention it brings back some not so great memories

Quote Originally Posted by AZLA View Post
    Mason will be a beast this year
    Get. Mason. The ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Get. Mason. The ball.
    I would assume that he has one, or has access to one until practice starts.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I would assume that he has one, or has access to one until practice starts.
    Then get him another one. Actually, get him two. I want that triple-dunk of his perfected by November. You never know when the team will need a quick six points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Then get him another one. Actually, get him two. I want that triple-dunk of his perfected by November. You never know when the team will need a quick six points.
    If he can consistently do that triple dunk, I would think finishing through contact should be relatively easy. That six point play could certainly come in handy at times, though.

The SN article linked to the All-Freshman team as well. It would not surprise me if Alex Murphy has an All-Freshmen team season.

Nerlens was projected to be All-Frosh for those wondering where he is. I suspect eligibility issues might have scared them from pushing onto the lists.

My first team would be:

Trey Burke
    Aaron Craft
    Doug McDermott
    CJ Leslie
    Cody Zeller

Michael Snaer has to be the most under-rated player in the country. He is the best returning player in the ACC. He was better last season than C.J. Leslie, Mason Plumlee, Lorenzo Brown, James Michael McAdoo, better than any ACC player not currently getting ready for an NBA season. A lock-down defender and a clutch scorer, as we found out the hard way.

My pre-season pick for ACC Player of the Year. And any ACC Player of the Year-level player has to be in the All-America mix.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Michael Snaer has to be the most under-rated player in the country. He is the best returning player in the ACC. He was better last season than C.J. Leslie, Mason Plumlee, Lorenzo Brown, James Michael McAdoo, better than any ACC player not currently getting ready for an NBA season. A lock-down defender and a clutch scorer, as we found out the hard way.

My pre-season pick for ACC Player of the Year. And any ACC Player of the Year-level player has to be in the All-America mix.
    +1000

Snaer's got all the right attributes. Can't believe everyone consistently overlooks him. Phenomenal player.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    If he can consistently do that triple dunk, I would think finishing through contact should be relatively easy. That six point play could certainly come in handy at times, though.
    If you get fouled while attempting a triple dunk, how many FTs do you get?

-Jason "if Mason can hit 65% of his FTs, that would be a really nice bonus for Duke!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Snaer has two big problems when it comes to these things:
    1. He is not a very consistent offensive player. He's a spot shooter who can't dribble, doesn't draw fouls, and doesn't rebound very well for his size. When he's hot from 3pt range (which account for almost half his attempts), he's a star. But he scored less than 10 points 8 times last year (twice more he was right at 10).
    2. His best attribute (defense) isn't easy to see, because he doesn't get steals or blocked shots.

I personally don't see him as an All-American caliber of player. Basically, I think some folks around here may be overrating him a bit based on his performances against us last year (and underrating guys like Brown and Leslie based on their performances against us last year). Snaer is definitely a good player, but I think that both Brown and Leslie were better last year.

CBS version

CBS sports' Parrish and Goodman made their lists. I enjoyed the article, but am a bit surprised that McAdoo and Snaer only ACC representatives I think Leslie and Brown at NC State may deserve consideration, and of course Duke's seniors could all be considered, but I would rather they be on the year end list.
    My favorite part of the whole column was one of the comments underneath:
    theorb13

Shabazz Muhammad as first team? without playing a single game? how quickly the writers forget about the black hummingbird.

Otto Porter, Georgetown. Keep your eye on this guy. He is special.