Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    So now a guy from the N&O wants Coach K to "clear the air"; we can all move on from poor Wheat (count me as one who wants him to stay with us) and the hapless Chansky (he can 9F to oblivion). I hope all Coach says is, "We're cooperating with the NCAA but those morons couldn't empty a bucket if the instructions were printed on the bottom. Next question." That would make my day...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    So now a guy from the N&O wants Coach K to "clear the air"; ... I hope all Coach says is, "We're cooperating with the NCAA but those morons couldn't empty a bucket if the instructions were printed on the bottom. Next question." That would make my day...
    that would be awesome. i'm not hanging around to wait for it.

regarding the article, i think decock has a valid point. note that he is not suggesting k knows anything or that k should say what he is not permitted to say. all decock is saying is that k should address the situation with the media instead of avoiding it. while k cannot "clear the air" as most in the media would like him to, he can "clear the air" in terms of discussing how seriously he is taking the situation, giving the media a window into how the process works (for instance, emphasizing he/duke cannot speak with LT without the ncaa), and emphasizing that he's striving to get all information that can/should be made public to eventually be made public (yes, LT's privacy might make that last point sticky, but hopefully k could convince him). comments such as these would give more credibility to the argument that there is nothing he can/should say about what lance actually did or didn't do at this point, but that the issue is being dealt with in a serious fashion. yes, i'm sure many people already know how the process works, but the audience will be larger with k saying it and he will be driving the conversation. also, k will be more likely to be seen for what he is - a leader pursuing the truth above his self interest, rather than what his detractors would like to make him out to be - someone who is ducking this issue to protect his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post
    that would be awesome. i'm not hanging around to wait for it.

regarding the article, i think decock has a valid point. note that he is not suggesting k knows anything or that k should say what he is not permitted to say. all decock is saying is that k should address the situation with the media instead of avoiding it. while k cannot "clear the air" as most in the media would like him to, he can "clear the air" in terms of discussing how seriously he is taking the situation, giving the media a window into how the process works (for instance, emphasizing he/duke cannot speak with LT without the ncaa), and emphasizing that he's striving to get all information that can/should be made public to eventually be made public (yes, LT's privacy might make that last point sticky, but hopefully k could convince him). comments such as these would give more credibility to the argument that there is nothing he can/should say about what lance actually did or didn't do at this point, but that the issue is being dealt with in a serious fashion. yes, i'm sure many people already know how the process works, but the audience will be larger with k saying it and he will be driving the conversation. also, k will be more likely to be seen for what he is - a leader pursuing the truth above his self interest, rather than what his detractors would like to make him out to be - someone who is ducking this issue to protect his legacy.
    This is reasonable. I'm really hoping we don't just hear dead air and a re-statement of the terse earlier releases. Fill the air with sweet nothings for a minute or two, at least. What would be my fantasy would be Coach K reading some of the ludicrous statements made by such journalistic luminaries as Doyel and Chansky. Quote at least ten or so of them, and then patiently, and in a very sweet voice, calmly explain to them (maybe like they're precocious little children) why ignorance is not a virtue.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!