Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    wow, for a bad running team, UVA is running all over us. Not a good sign for defense so far

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    wow, for a bad running team, UVA is running all over us. Not a good sign for defense so far
    Gotta start getting some third down stops. The defense has been on the field a long time.

we need to make a stop on this series, even though we're tied they've had the ball so long. 12 minutes to our 3.

big reason they keep moving the ball is our poor tackling. I've seen a ton of missed tackles already today.

Got the stop, need to grind out a drive here and let the defense rest. Points even better!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    UVA receiver beats our corner and lets the deep ball slip through his hands. First punt for the Hoos. Let's capitalize.

Missed PI call and false starts really hurt that last drive. I understand the missed call though, from the back judge's position it was a really tough call to make.

We have to start making some tackles, the running back is getting SOOOOOOOOOO many yards after contact.

UVA is controlling both lines of scrimmage. I can see this getting ugly unless some sort of half-time adjustment pays dividends.

Side note, UNC thrashed VPI today. They set a few "first time since..." records on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post

We have to start making some tackles, the running back is getting SOOOOOOOOOO many yards after contact.
    our tackling has been atrocious so far.

This hasn't been one of Monday's better games, gotta keep the ball in play there.

Jones is making an NFL highlight tape just dancing through the line and the linebackers.

I'd really consider putting in Renfree for the 2nd half if he's able to go. Boone's been competent, but I think his stats are a little misleading - he had one really bad interception that was just dropped by the defender, and a whole lot of his throws are too high (they get caught, but leave the receiver in a bad position to make yards after the catch).

Ugh, our rush defense is awful.

Disagree on Monday - I think he's been quite good.

ugh. what just happened there for the UVA FG. Bad bad.

"poor tackling"

for sure.

bad defensive breakdown at end of half.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Disagree on Monday - I think he's been quite good.
    The only reason I say that is that he put one in the endzone with plenty of room for him to land it inside the twenty, I'll agree, the net punts have been good, but he's also been a little lucky when it comes to rolls, like the last one of the half, took a huge Duke bounce. That's part of the game though. I know he's only a freshman but I've been really impressed with him so far this season, and therefore have really high expectations for him because position by position vs the rest of the conference, he's one of the better players on the squad. Not saying he's playing poorly. Wow, that was a lot on the punter when our defense hasn't made tackles and Boone has been extraordinarily average.

I really think that Renfree would be shredding this defense, but that's only if he's healthy, and I have a hard time believing Cut wouldn't ride his horse in one of the biggest games of his era unless he absolutely couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I really think that Renfree would be shredding this defense, but that's only if he's healthy, and I have a hard time believing Cut wouldn't ride his horse in one of the biggest games of his era unless he absolutely couldn't.
    If we continue to have trouble moving the ball offensively, with Boone overthrows/underthrows, I think we might see Renfree come in there. Since we don't have a running game right now, if we don't have a passing game, we have nothing. And our defense isn't exactly winning awards out there.

Why are we back to dinks and dunks?

Much sharper on both sides out of the locker room.

Canti!!!!

Jela Duncan looks great with the ball, Duke up 28-17.