Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "should we keep this thread going, to track how other new shows are doing?" Evans
    I'm always up for celebrating futility and failure, so sure.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "TV would be such a great medium for the season-long drama/mystery show... but no one does it that way" Evans
    Um, have you missed The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Mad Men, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Treme?

I agree that the crap major networks often cut good shows, like The Black Donnellys. But a sea change took place after about 2000 on the pay channels and cable channels. TV is no longer solely the refuge of crap.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Um, have you missed The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Mad Men, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Treme?

I agree that the crap major networks often cut good shows, like The Black Donnellys. But a sea change took place after about 2000 on the pay channels and cable channels. TV is no longer solely the refuge of crap.
    Oh man I miss the black donnelleys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 24 90 View Post
    Bad week at the Swisher household. I only feel sorry for her, though.

Bumping up the thread for 2 reasons. First: Arrow, Vegas, and Elementary were picked up for the full season.

Second...

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Jason's original question ("what TV show will be removed from the air first") focused on chronology, not lifespan.
    We may need a ruling here, after all. Made in Jersey was cancelled on October 10. I recently read that NBC ditched its midseason Dane Cook comedy Next Caller, with 4 episodes in the (trash) can, but it looks like that happened October 12. More interesting is what's going on with NBC's pungent Munster offering Mockingbird Lane. They've decided to broadcast the $10 million pilot episode this Friday as a stand-alone special after cancelling it as a series sometime between October 1 and October 10. But even that isn't certain; this TVLine article suggests that NBC may raise it from the dead depending on how the special does in the ratings.

Hopefully most of the new junk has been cancelled already. Frankly, I'm embarrassed that I am DVRing S2 of Revenge. I do this solely because of Madeline Stowe.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    So, if I had to guess, I'd say that most of the new shows will survive into 2013 (Mayan prediction memes notwithstanding). Based on Jason's list, these are the ones most likely to die before then:

1. Partners (CBS)
    2. Last Resort (ABC)
    3. Chicago Fire (NBC)
    4. The Mob Doctor (FOX)
    5. The Neighbors (ABC)
    The TV industry had slightly more faith in its product than I did. Today CBS cancelled Partners, and ABC cancelled Last Resort and 666 Park Avenue.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/16/cbs-cancel-partners/
    http://tvline.com/2012/11/16/last-re...nue-cancelled/

Well, this is interesting. Made in Jersey, the awful legal serial drama on CBS, not only has the distinction of being the first show of the season to be cancelled, but now the only cancelled show to apparently receive a network resurrection order.

Link

666 Park Avenue is cancelled? Thank goodness. Now I don't have to see commercials for it during Revenge, a show that also insults the intelligence of every thinking American, but at least boasts Madeline Stowe in the cast. I watch Revenge, though I'm ashamed to admit it. But Stowe!

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine