Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The correct answer is The Mob Doctor, which is getting abysmal ratings through its first two episodes -- less than 4 million people are watching and the demographics are bad too.

At least that is my guess.

-Jason
    There goes another show I like.

The correct answer is The Mob Doctor, which is getting abysmal ratings through its first two episodes -- less than 4 million people are watching and the demographics are bad too.

At least that is my guess.

-Jason
    I watched the first episode. The doc is real purty, but I didn't think much of the plot. But I'll watch (well, record) at least one more episode just to confirm both opinions 1
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm voting for 666 Park. Happened to turn it on for a few minutes and thought it was pretty terrible, John Locke notwithstanding. Not that familiar with the others, but if they are worse than this then I consider myself fortunate for missing them.

NOT the Last Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Okay, gotta go with...

Guys with kids
    Partners
    Last Resort

Now, this is all from what I hear about them, as I won't watch any of these three shows.

The correct answer SHOULD be "The Office" in the same way that cavalry troopers used to put a horse out of its misery when it went down, but unfortunately that won't happen
    So last night, I finally got to sit and watch Last Resort end-to-end. Holy cow!!!! What a show! I don't know if they'll be able to sustain the story lines for a season, let alone the lifetime of the show, but it was quite fun and exciting.

I know it was the highest rated new drama, so I believe it will get picked up for the season. If you didn't watch it yet, I suggest you do so. It's quite good.

NBC has already picked up Go On, Revolution, and New Normal for the full season -- 20+ episodes of each of them. Revolution, by the way, was the #15 show in all of TV last week in the 18-49 demo, a stunning accomplishment for a brand new 10pm drama. It is the highest rated new show of the season. Elementary is #2.

By the way, whether folks here like it or not, Last Resort is in some trouble. It only got a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demo in its debut. That is not a good number, especially for a new show that does not have a loyal audience yet. We need to see how it does this week, but it could be in trouble.

666 Park Ave only scored a 2.1 in the demo, which is ever worse. I think it too will be short-lived.

-Jason "need to check the ratings on Mob Doctor... it is on life support" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Made in Jersey looks terrible. I admit, that i did NOT even try it. A friend of mine watched and told me not to bother.
    Rating were bad, too.
    The drama opened to 7.7 million viewers and a very slight 1.1 rating among adults 18-49
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/29/ma...ersey-ratings/

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Made in Jersey looks terrible. ... A friend of mine watched and told me not to bother. ...
    She said "fahgeddabahditt?"

Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    Made in Jersey looks terrible. I admit, that i did NOT even try it. A friend of mine watched and told me not to bother.
    Rating were bad, too.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/29/ma...ersey-ratings/
    I'd say the favorite definitely has to be Mod Doctor. The only thing going for it is Fox probably has a longer leash than CBS. Still holding out hope (since I picked it) that Made in Jersey gets the hook. CBS is usually quicker with their hook and the fact that it splits up two successful CBS Friday shows in CSI and Blue Bloods might make CBS look faster so they don't lose people for either show.

My favorite in this competition is "The Neighbors". I recorded it last night and intended to watch it, but decided that I hadn't recovered sufficiently from the previous week's show so I just erased it.

One report on this week's ratings:
    New comedy "The Neighbors" at 8:30 was down 38 percent from its series debut last week -- when it ran in a different time slot and had the benefit of a "Modern Family" lead-in -- posting a 2.0/6 and receiving 6.6 million total viewers.

The only thing that might keep it alive is the lead in from Modern family.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Have a big leadin can also be a curse as the network values that time slot tremendously and will not let an under performing program erode their momentum. If you want more info on this phenomenon, I suggest you speak to Dabney Coleman about Madman of the People and Buffalo Bill

-Jason "Madman of the People was the #12 show on TV... and it got cancelled after less than a full season... being sandwiched between Seinfeld and ER will do that sometimes" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

By the way, whether folks here like it or not, Last Resort is in some trouble. It only got a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demo in its debut. That is not a good number, especially for a new show that does not have a loyal audience yet. We need to see how it does this week, but it could be in trouble.
    Last night's Last Resort slipped 20% from last week's modest premiere to a poor 1.8 rating in the 18-49 demo. This show may be in some trouble, though I think critical praise has been fairly decent so ABC may want to give it some time. Still, looks like this show has a fairly slim chance of making it to a second season. Of course, it would be nice to the audience if ABC could let the producers know in time for them to wrap the show up in a meaningful way... but that almost never happens in TV land.

-Jason "TV would be such a great medium for the season-long drama/mystery show... but no one does it that way" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    My favorite in this competition is "The Neighbors". I recorded it last night and intended to watch it, but decided that I hadn't recovered sufficiently from the previous week's show so I just erased it.

One report on this week's ratings:
    New comedy "The Neighbors" at 8:30 was down 38 percent from its series debut last week -- when it ran in a different time slot and had the benefit of a "Modern Family" lead-in -- posting a 2.0/6 and receiving 6.6 million total viewers.

Right there with you. I made it through maybe 8 minutes of the pilot, and I'll give about anything a chance...

666 Park Avenue steps up into contention!

It pulled a poor 1.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic last night at 10pm. That was a steep drop from the 2.2 rating it got in its premiere a week ago. Even worse, 666 pulled in 5.08 million total viewers, so it is not even all that popular with old folks who fall outside the important 18-49 demo. Last week it debuted with 6.97 million total viewers, so this was almost a 30% drop. The only shows that had fewer than 5.08 million viewers on Sunday were Bob's Burgers and The Cleveland Show, both of which are animated comedies that do fairly well with the important 18-49 demo.

The real problem here is that ABC's Once Upon and Time and Revenge get fairly decent Sunday night ratings and 666 Park is just not holding their audiences at all. Revenge had 8.27 million viewers last night and got a 2.6 rating in the demo. 666 Park shed about 40% of Revenge's audience.

Still early, but I think 666 Park and Mob Doctor have to be two strong contenders right now. Mob Doctor's ratings are just horrid, but Fox is going to have baseball playoffs on Monday nights for the next few weeks, I think, so that may give Mob Doctor a reprieve long enough for it to not be the first cancelled show of the season.

Others --
    Made in Jersey is getting bad ratings but I think it is safe for now because it airs on Friday, where network expectations are very low. It is scoring poor numbers in the 18-49 demo, but old folks are tuning in a bit so it may stick around. On Friday, networks can afford to be patient.

Partners had 5.7 million viewers this past week and a 2.1 rating in the demo. Wanna know why those numbers are awful? Because it is sandwiched between HIMYM (8.1 mil/3.3 rating) and 2 Broke Girls (9.2 mil/3.5 rating). When ratings go up-down-up for 3 shows, the one in the middle is in trouble.

NBC's biggest cancellation possibility is Animal Practice. It got a 1.3 rating in the demo and just 4.56 million viewers this past week. But it is in a brutal time slot against X-Factor and Survivor, so expectations have to be low. Also, it is not like the show had a huge slip from its premiere week, when it got a 1.4 rating/5.1 mil viewers. It is not like NBC's lineup is full of superstars so the network may give this sucker some time. Plus, NBC is so pleased with the ratings for Go On and Revolution, it may allow them to show some patience with other freshman shows.

-Jason "I know I voted for Mob Doctor, but now I am regretting not voting for 666 Park... maybe Terry O'Quinn/John Locke can join the cast of Revolution like all the other former Lost actors " Evans

Fox just picked up a full season order for Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project. So, if you thought either of those were contenders to be cancelled, think again. Revolution, Go On, and The New Normal got similar full season commitments from NBC last week.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Is Lucy Liu any good in it?
    She's pretty good, but the show really suffers from being Yet Another Procedural. There are already plenty of tv mysteries with an offbeat deductive genius and his sidekick, there really isn't much a reason to have another one.

Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

elementary

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    She's pretty good, but the show really suffers from being Yet Another Procedural. There are already plenty of tv mysteries with an offbeat deductive genius and his sidekick, there really isn't much a reason to have another one.
    Actually, it's the only new show this season that I like.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same police procedural with a gimmick ... a modern Holmes and Watson. But so far it's been well written and the characters are likeable. I'll keep watching until the writing declines ... or they cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Do we? It's still possible that some luckless show may get pulled after one episode. Still, there's your clubhouse leader.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Wow, I was way off. I watched (and sort of liked) Made in Jersey, but its second episode bore almost no resemblance to the first episode. Cast tinkering. We'll never know what it was going to eventually look like. Janet Montgomery was somewhat entertaining in Human Target, and likeable enough here. Maybe CBS will try something else with her; they certainly tried over and over with Simon Baker and Alex O'Loughlin.

That Friday lineup makes no sense anyway. Why put a lightly-toned legal show between an unwatchable CSI spinoff and a thinly-veiled (but watchable) Republican cop drama? Another unscripted reality show makes even less sense there.

Oh well. I can direct more misguided attention to The Mob Doctor when/if it returns after baseball, even if the awesome thing they did in the first episode (killing off the most annoying character, played by one of Hollywood's most annoying actors) was undone (by not actually killing him).

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Do we? It's still possible that some luckless show may get pulled after one episode. Still, there's your clubhouse leader.
    We do. Jason's original question ("what TV show will be removed from the air first") focused on chronology, not lifespan. So even if Chicago Fire debuts tonight and gets yanked tomorrow, Made in Jersey is the winner. Unless Jason meant something else...

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    We do. Jason's original question ("what TV show will be removed from the air first") focused on chronology, not lifespan. So even if Chicago Fire debuts tonight and gets yanked tomorrow, Made in Jersey is the winner. Unless Jason meant something else...
    Yup, we have a winner, errr loser, and it is Made in Jersey. Color me surprised as Friday is typically a ratings wasteland anyway. The fact that CBS had Undercover Boss just waiting to fill the spot was the reason this move was made. I am betting that ABC and Fox are looking around trying to figure out what to put in place of 666 Park and Mob Doctor, but until they come up with an answer, those shows will be allowed to live. I doubt either show will be getting an order for additional episodes though (probably an initial order of 6 or maybe 10).

-Jason "should we keep this thread going, to track how other new shows are doing?" Evans