Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
What the heck was Penner doing voting for Ami??!? I just don't get how he did not know the group planned to vote out Pete. If he votes correctly, we get a 5-5 tie and a re-vote. Who knows how that comes out!

Of course, maybe he wanted Jeff gone. Jeff has been the leader of the "returning players need to go!" camp. Heck, if Jeff had not been so dead set on getting rid of returnees, I think he could have pulled off something last week to Skupin, RC, and Malcolm to join Denise, Penner, Carter, and himself and control the game.

-Jason "Jeff deserved what he got" Evans
To me, this was the huge question that I'm dying to get answered next week. After all the scrambling following the immunity challenge, it appeared that there was a group of six who were set on voting out Pete: Skupin, Penner, Malcolm, Denise, Jeff and Carter. They even discussed it at tribal council - led by ... PENNER! They all acknowledged that they were on board with that plan (including Skupin, who responded with a very subtle nod). As an aside - I thought Malcolm's move with the idol was brilliant and Abi's of course was equally dumb.

At that point it appeared that the group of six would be able to take out the other four, or at least get down to 7 when there could have been another shift in the game. But then two strange things happened -- Skupin voted for Jeff (I have no idea why, unless he realized he'd be at the bottom of that group of 6 instead of at the bottom of a group of 5 - Pete, Artis, Abi, Lisa and him); and Penner voted for Abi ... right after making the case for the Pete vote.

The only explanation I can think of is that Penner counted on having Skupin's vote - thus a 6-4 split and may have thought he could sacrifice his vote in case Abi gave her idol to Pete. Penner may have thought that if the four votes went for Malcolm, and Malcolm played his idol, and the five votes went for Pete - and Pete played the idol - then the one vote for Abi would have been all that counted.

Again, I really hope he explains this next week. That was a great episode - I think it has been a very good season so far and it could end up being a great finish because with no strong numbers alliances, things could keep shifting dramatically week to week.