Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Heather Dinich has us winning 49-21 in her predictions for the weekend. Ugh, Heather...if we give up 21 against these folks it had better be 3 TDS in the 4th against our 3rd stringers.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Bummer, the NCCU drum-line has been suspended due to hazing. They would have made it worth staying in the stadium during halftime...but I'll drown my sorrows under our tent with a tasty brew or two.

Story here.
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11543010/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    Here's a question. When your QB has no time because the opposition is dominating the line of scrimmage, and you have no running game, and swing passes aren't getting you anywhere, at what point do you say to yourself, "let's see how long Renfree can stay in the pocket to let the WRs get open" at the risk of him taking some hard hits in order to try moving the ball downfield?

On one hand I'm thinking to myself, "ok protect Renfree for the rest of the season, this is a lost game" and on the other hand I'm thinking, this sucks.
    Or, we could try some screen passes or something to alleviate the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Or, we could try some screen passes or something to alleviate the rush.
    That is NOT funny.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    #8 will be in the house Saturday with the nurse who saved his life. Great to hear.

Should be an emotional moment, to say the least.
    I believe Duke should score first, score quickly, go for a 2 point conversion, hang an 8 on the scoreboard, and pay tribute to Blair.

ACC Sports Journal prediction

Andrew Skwara at The ACC Sports Journal is predicting a 49-7 victory for Duke:

http://www.accsports.com/articles/20...ew-sept-14.php

I hope he is accurate.
    Bob Green

As much as I'd like to predict a big margin of victory I think this game gets a little too close for comfort with the injury situation. I'm still predicting a comfortable win, just not that 30+ point victory we'd all like to see.

http://dukesportsblog.com/2012/09/13...provement.aspx
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

I have nothing to really add to this except Go Duke!!!!! (and lets get the vigil threads off the top of the board).

back to the top.

One last attempt at getting this up top.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I have nothing to really add to this except Go Duke!!!!! (and lets get the vigil threads off the top of the board).
    Long live the vigil vigil thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    One last attempt at getting this up top.
    Very valiant.

BTW - I posted this in the tix forum, but I just came across two extras that I'll be happy to give to someone outside the stadium before kickoff (no charge, so I figured it'd be okay to mention here). I'll be away from the computer tonight, but first PM wins.

I'll go ahead and start the firestorm now...

Word around campus is that the all black uniforms are making their debut tomorrow. They've painted the end zone letters and conference logos on the field all black as well - went over to Wally World today to confirm.

Make of it what you will. Students are excited for this one, especially considering tomorrow is the debut of "New Tailgating" on the Main Quad. Hoping for a big student turnout ready for a good game. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post

Word around campus is that the all black uniforms are making their debut tomorrow. They've painted the end zone letters and conference logos on the field all black as well - went over to Wally World today to confirm.

Make of it what you will. Students are excited for this one, especially considering tomorrow is the debut of "New Tailgating" on the Main Quad. Hoping for a big student turnout ready for a good game. Go Duke!
    I'll reserve judgement on the paintings, but, the uini's? Blech!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I'll reserve judgement on the paintings, but, the uini's? Blech!
    This has been confirmed from one of the former FB managers who is near and dear to my youngest daughter's heart.

I thought Cut wanted a Blue Out. Instead, we are getting a blackout. Sheesh.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Hopefully most of them follow you to the stadium!

Here's hoping that our offensive line rebounds, continues to improve and becomes more dominant...and is able to contain this guy...
    http://nccueaglepride.com/roster.asp...&path=football
    Let's go Duke!

What is "new tailgating"?

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    What is "new tailgating"?

- Chillin
    I'm assuming you're familiar with Tailgate (with a capital T), which was a at best a pre-game party, and at worst a complete show of things the board censors would get on me about. After it got cancelled a few years back students have been clamoring to revive it. Athletics obviously wants a pre-game tailgate because they think it'll boost attendance at games.

The idea is fraternities, sororities, selective living groups, and residential sections can register for spots on the Main Quad. Student Government provides grills to grill out. They're shooting for a more traditional college game day atmosphere on the quad, which is what I'm hopeful for.

You can check out live stats for Duke/NCCU here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/FB_ViewHDGame.asp?hGame=2139