Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcastle View Post
    Cincy wins for me and keeps me alive. Looking at next weeks schedule I see Carolina plays at KC. So much for picking the team playing the Chiefs!
    I might have to take the Chiefs. Wouldn't that be flirting with danger
    "There can BE only one."

So, who we got this week?

I just did something I never do and made a last-minute change. I switched from Buffalo (over Jax) to Baltimore (over QB-challenged Pitt). I am really torn this week. I would ordinarily never pick against a team as good as Pitt. But who else can I take?!?! Do I dare take Carolina over KC?

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

boudreau here

St. Louis and San Francisco go into overtime again. Come on St. Louis.

boudreau here

and then there was 1

I first would like to thank Jason for starting this Survival football pool. Let me know where I can pick up my trophy and championship ring. I would also like to thank the San Francisco 49ers for not being able to defeat the Rams.

I am glad this is over because it was getting very hard trying to pick a winner each week. But I will continue picking to see if I can go all the way.

Now I just wish I had not told my wife I would win $5000 if I win the Survival Football!

and then there was 1

I first would like to thank Jason for starting this Survival football pool. Let me know where I can pick up my trophy and championship ring. I would also like to thank the San Francisco 49ers for not being able to defeat the Rams.

I am glad this is over because it was getting very hard trying to pick a winner each week. But I will continue picking to see if I can go all the way.

Now I just wish I had not told my wife I would win $5000 if I win the Survival Football!
    We had a good run over here at Highlander U. Unfortunately the ineptitude of Akers and our string of overtime game luck finally ran out. It makes me feel a little better that my backup pick would have been Carolina over the Chiefs, which was also wrong. Oh well, twelve weeks without a miss is about 9 weeks better than I've ever done before. Until next year!
    "There can BE only one."

St. Louis and San Francisco go into overtime again. Come on St. Louis.
    Crazy how close the Rams and the 49ers came to TWO ties in the same season.

I listened to the OT in my truck in a Schnucks parking lot.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I just did something I never do and made a last-minute change. I switched from Buffalo (over Jax) to Baltimore (over QB-challenged Pitt). I am really torn this week. I would ordinarily never pick against a team as good as Pitt. But who else can I take?!?! Do I dare take Carolina over KC?
    This is my reward for my last minute switch. The team I switched to (Baltimore) lost and the team I switched from (Buffalo) won. Of course it happened that way!!!

I think this is the first time I have ever made a Sunday switch in a Survivor poll. Well, I have learned my lesson!

-Jason "Congrats to Juise and Pumkinfunk, the two remaining survivors in the one miss pool (pending Dallas' result tonight)" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

-Jason "Congrats to Juise and Pumkinfunk, the two remaining survivors in the one miss pool (pending Dallas' result tonight)" Evans
    If all goes well, I will be the only survivor - as a Redskins fan, I'm cheering against Dallas.

Congrats on winning the no-mistake pool, boudreau!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    If all goes well, I will be the only survivor - as a Redskins fan, I'm cheering against Dallas.

Congrats on winning the no-mistake pool, boudreau!
    Congrats to Boudreau, indeed.

I am an Eagles fan and also hate the 'Boys, so I was cheering against my pick. Alas, the silver lining to this nightmare season didn't come tonight. On to next week.

Boudreau here

Well, my improbable run has ended. No perfect season for me.The Eagles defeated the Buccaneers on the last play of the game. It was fun. I look forward to next year's Survival Football.

boudreau here

Wait. I picked Seattle over Arizona. So I am still perfect! I'm still rolling along. Sweet. But I swear I have early-onset Alzheimer's.

Looks like Yahoo isn't going to let me keep picking. I was hoping to go perfect this year... aside from that pesky Pats loss to Arizona.

Thanks for organizing, Jason!

boudreau here

Well, Carolina's victory keeps me going in the No Mistake Pool. I now have to put some serious thought into next weeks pick because it's getting down to those with no incentive to win or those who will play against those who have something to play for. It certainly is lonely at this point.

I had not noticed before due to not getting anywhere close to this point in years past, but after the regular season you can pick winners in the playoffs. I wonder if anyone has ever gotten that far. You have to be a serious player to project who may make it to the playoffs and save those teams to choose winners in the playoffs.

Jason, I have bragged about winning this year to family members (most of whom think it is easy to pick one winner each week) and you can expect a larger number of players next year. Thank you again for setting this up.

To everyone on the boards, Happy Holidays!

boudreau here

The run is done. New Orleans loses to Carolina thus ending my perfect season in week 17.

It's been real.

Quote Originally Posted by boudreau View Post
    The run is done. New Orleans loses to Carolina thus ending my perfect season in week 17.

It's been real.
    Mad props on your run of success!! Truly impressive.

If only we had a monetary prize to award you.

-Jason

It's been real.
    Mad props on your run of success!! Truly impressive.

If only we had a monetary prize to award you.

-Jason
    I gave him a zpork or spork or whatever it is.

It's been real.
    Congratulations!!! I am already looking forward to next season.
    Bob Green