Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    C'mon Ravens, give me one more week before things start to fall apart...Hangin' on by a thread.

Panthers did me in tonight. Not feeling good about how the season will go.

Good luck to those remaining in the competition.

Shouldn't have gone with the Bengals. Ugh.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Props to boudreau, DUMBer than you, and Highlander's Picks of Destiny for still being alive in the No Mistakes pool.

There are still 17 of us alive in the One Mistake pool.

I am almost certain to go with the Falcons hosting Oakland this week. A very good or maybe great team at home against a mediocre opponent that is coming across the country for the game... that's about as close to a no-brainer as you get in this game. So, the Falcons are sure to lose

Not many other picks to like this week.

• Pitt over Tennessee is a good one but Pitt is on the road and division rivalries are always closer than you expect.
    • Not sure I could stomach putting my fate in the hands of Cincy on the road, but they are playing Cleveland.
    • I think the Ravens are a good pick this week at home against Dallas. The Cowboys O-line is going to have its hands full with the Ravens D, but I sorta want to save the Ravens for another week.
    • A lot of people apparently like Arizona at home against the Bills. Makes sense to me, though I think the Bills could have a puncher's chance and I am still not sold on Arizona being that good. Of course, I already used Arizona over Miami two weeks ago, so they are not an option for me.

--Jason "So, what is everyone doing?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm putting my No Mistakes entry on the line with Tampa Bay over Kansas City. Why? Three reasons:

1) Kansas City is on the road
    2) Kansas City is terrible
    3) Matt Cassel

While Falcons over Oakland looks really appealing on paper, there's something about the Falcons that worries me. Maybe it's that they almost lost to my Redskins last week and the Panthers last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Props to boudreau, DUMBer than you, and Highlander's Picks of Destiny for still being alive in the No Mistakes pool.

There are still 17 of us alive in the One Mistake pool.

I am almost certain to go with the Falcons hosting Oakland this week. A very good or maybe great team at home against a mediocre opponent that is coming across the country for the game... that's about as close to a no-brainer as you get in this game. So, the Falcons are sure to lose

Not many other picks to like this week.

• Pitt over Tennessee is a good one but Pitt is on the road and division rivalries are always closer than you expect.
    • Not sure I could stomach putting my fate in the hands of Cincy on the road, but they are playing Cleveland.
    • I think the Ravens are a good pick this week at home against Dallas. The Cowboys O-line is going to have its hands full with the Ravens D, but I sorta want to save the Ravens for another week.
    • A lot of people apparently like Arizona at home against the Bills. Makes sense to me, though I think the Bills could have a puncher's chance and I am still not sold on Arizona being that good. Of course, I already used Arizona over Miami two weeks ago, so they are not an option for me.

--Jason "So, what is everyone doing?" Evans
    Pittsburgh's in the AFC North and the Titans are in the AFC South, although before 2002, they were in the same division(the old AFC Central). Houston had some serious battles with the Steelers and Browns back inthe 70's and 80's.

I agree, though, that Baltimore and Cincy are strong picks this week.

Another season shot to hell. Jason, you're going to need to tweak the settings a bit to allow me 4-5 strikes before I'm out cuz this clearly isn't working...

Quote Originally Posted by Doug.I.Am View Post
    Another season shot to hell. Jason, you're going to need to tweak the settings a bit to allow me 4-5 strikes before I'm out cuz this clearly isn't working...
    Stll alive in no mistakes, although the Falcons made it interesting. Already picked all the favorites, so this is gonna get more difficult going forward.
    "There can BE only one."

It was a bad week to pick teams as Pitt, Arizona, Cincy, NE, and Philly all went down. They were 5 of the 8 most popular picks this week. Of course, the Falcons were far and away the most popular pick (Yahoo says 54% of Survivor players picked them) and they squeaked out a win, so it could have been the end!

In the no-misses pool, 3 players are still alive: Boudreau, Highlander, and PumkinFunk. Had the Falcons lost, PumkinFunk would have won the whole thing as the other two both had Atlanta.

In the one-miss pool, 4 players were knocked out (3 picked Arizona, 1 forgot to make a pick). Bluedevilbrowns picked up his first strike by picking Cincy. Barker and PumpkinFunk are the only players still unmarked in that context. Also alive are: Blazindw, Don't Lose Week 2, DukieinKansas, Farrloo Bills, JasonEvans, Juise, Rasputin, Sporthenry, WALL*A, and Zippori.

-Jason "if you are alive and have a nickname that makes it hard for us know who you are, please post so we can know and praise and/or taunt you" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Had the Falcons lost, PumkinFunk would have won the whole thing as the other two both had Atlanta.
    I was so close to winning. Aargh.

I just looked at next week... nightmare! Bad teams playing bad teams (Jax vs Oakland, Clev vs Indy), good teams playing good ones (Balt vs Hou, Seattle vs San Fran, Ariz vs Minny). Ugh!! We will lose players next week, I can feel it!

-Jason "I really may put my season on Indy... yikes!" Evans

I just looked at next week... nightmare! Bad teams playing bad teams (Jax vs Oakland, Clev vs Indy), good teams playing good ones (Balt vs Hou, Seattle vs San Fran, Ariz vs Minny). Ugh!! We will lose players next week, I can feel it!

-Jason "I really may put my season on Indy... yikes!" Evans
    It's pretty awful. I'm pretty firm in my conviction of picking home teams, and I've got a lot of the good ones taken already. I'm thinking that this might be the week for me to take the Patriots, who I've been saving. Either that, or I pick the Raiders and hope for the best against Blaine Gabbert.

And to make picking harder - the chefs have a bye this week.
    Of course, the good news is that they can't lose this weekend.

Luckily, I looked early this week b/c I went with San Fran. Figured I'd save GB for another time and NE versus the Jets is always tricky.

This game played out exactly as I expected. Thursday night game with two good defenses so didn't expect much scoring. SF coming off a big loss, SEA coming off a huge win. SF at home. Makes for an easy weekend.

Another week with no casualties in the No Mistakes game, although it way too close for comfort for all of us. I went with Oakland, and boudreau and Highlander's Picks of Destiny went with New England, and we each won in overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinFunk View Post
    Another week with no casualties in the No Mistakes game, although it way too close for comfort for all of us. I went with Oakland, and boudreau and Highlander's Picks of Destiny went with New England, and we each won in overtime.
    I thought hard about taking Oakland, but went "safe" instead. At any rate, survive and advance! Whew!
    "There can BE only one."

boudreau here

I have not been this into NFL football since the Bears went to the Super Bowl.To still be in this Survival Football Pool is cray cray. I don't think I've ever been past the 3rd week in previous ones.

Watching the NE vs NYJ game and keeping an eye on the Oak vs Jac game at the same time was nerve racking.

To PumpkinFunk and Highlander, it's only going to get more difficult. But it's fun being in the top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcastle View Post
    To PumpkinFunk and Highlander, it's only going to get more difficult. But it's fun being in the top 3.
    Very true. We've all taken Green Bay this week - definitely was the best choice (and the only one, in my view, except for maybe the Bears). So either we all live to fight another day, or we all lose this week. I'm hoping for the former.

Brutal week for the one-miss pool.

Minnesota's loss took out DukieIn Kansas, Zippori, WALL*A, and Rasputin. Also, Pacer picked up his first miss as did Blazindw (picked San Diego), and Don't Lose Week 2 (who forgot to make a pick). This leaves only PumkinFunk unmarked in the one-miss pool.

Still alive, but needing to not miss any more before PumkinFunk misses 2 are: Pacer, Blazindw, Dont' Lose Week 2, JasonEvans (me!!), Juise, and Sporthenry. Only 7 of us remain standing!

-Jason "not many really attractive picks next week... I am actually considering a mediocre road team in Detroit playing at lousy Jax" Evans

-Jason "not many really attractive picks next week... I am actually considering a mediocre road team in Detroit playing at lousy Jax" Evans
    I disagree completely, I see several attractive picks: Chargers (v. Chiefs), Texans (v. Bills), Falcons (v. Cowgirls)... and even Redskins-Panthers isn't *terrible* (although as a Redskins fan, I can't in good conscience pick us to win anything. Even Denver @ Cincinnati isn't terrible to me. Compared to the dearth of picks for this week, next week's got a ton of great options, unless you've already used those teams up.