I am not sure how many times we have done this, but I have been horribly delinquent in getting this started and we need to do it NOW!!!

Time for our annual NFL Survivor Football game, played via Yahoo Sports. If you do not know the rules for Survivor Football, it is easy:

1) Each week, you pick a NFL team to win their game. Betting lines are not a pat of it -- so, for example, lets say the Packers were playing the Colts. Many people would be tempted to pick the Packers, knowing that the Pack merely needed to win by 1 point for them to "survive" in the game.

2) You cannot pick the same team twice -- ahh, here is the strategy part of it! If you pick the Packers in week 1, you are not allowed to pick them again all season long. Trust me, when it gets down to week 9 or 10, it is nice to have a strong team in your back pocket that you can pick.

3) If your team wins, you survive to the next week where all the remaining other survivors will pick as well. Eventually, everyone will be eliminated except one person and we will have a winner.

Most seasons, we lose more than half of the group by week 5... but it generally takes until about week 13 or so to get a winner. A couple years ago we still had 3 pickers alive in week 16 of the season, IIRC.

Anyway, here is how you join --

Go to http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival to sign up. We will have 2 DBR groups... 1 for "perfect picks" and 1 where you get to miss one game and still stay alive. You will need to input the "group ID #" to find and join each of the groups.

The "DBR No Mistakes" group ID is #25510
The "DBR One Mistake" group ID is #25516

Both groups are password protected. The Password is "Duke"

-Jason "join fast!!! I think we may need to get picks in before the first game on Wednesday!" Evans