Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I look at this one as an "opportunity" game. On paper Duke should lose, so a loss is a surprise to noone; but a win could really turn some heads. I hope that the players view it as an OPPORTUNITY as well. This could be just the sort of surprise win that goes a long way to turning around an attitude/program. Lots to gain and little to lose. I like it.

At a minimum, I want to see a well-played Duke side and a competitive outcome. Even if we lose, that would help garner some positive attention. Maybe impact some West Coast recruiting...

Let's Go Duke! The spread was -15 for Stanford last I checked. I say we beat that. I hope for a win, dont get me wrong. Although I am looking for a signature ACC win this would be a huge win for the Blue Devils. If we stay consistant on both sides of the ball we will have a shot at the end. We will need a few big plays and the ball to tumble in our favor.

Stanford certainly won't be overlooking us after giving them all they could handle for a half last year. I see us as having improved from last year and Stanford about the same talent (obviously not at the QB spot).

Here's to a hard earned victory. Everyone could use it...
    Last edited by Duke of Nashville; 09-08-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Duke-Stanford

To me, this is a fun situation: If Duke goes to Stanford and wins, it's the biggest victory for the program this century -- certainly the biggest since 1994 (the last time Duke beat a ranked team) and maybe the biggest since 1971 (the last time Duke beat a ranked team on the road).

It would be a HUGE step towards accomplishing our primary goal this season -- get to six wins and qualify for a bowl.

On the other hand, a loss would not really impact that goal -- none of my realistic scenarios to get to six wins include a victory at Stanford. Take a loss and we shrug and move on ... we have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Like I said, fun

It's kind of like the opposite of the next two weeks. Against NCCU and Memphis, we HAVE to win. I think we will win both games, but a loss in either would be crushing. Those games are nothing to win situations. We have to win to be in position to make the Wake and Virginia games that follow mean something.

I'll enjoy tonight's game. I hope and expect Duke to be competitive, but won't be upset if things don't go our way. The only thing that will really crush me will be if we have the game won and let it get away (like several recent Wake games).

PS I do have one concern ... do we take ACC refs or use the Pac 10 ref?. In all of sports, the only officials I don't trust to be fair and honest are from the Pac 12. You might find incompetents from other leagues (and certainly from the ACC), but I believe that blatant homerism is a thing of the past -- everywhere except the Pac 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    To me, this is a fun situation: If Duke goes to Stanford and wins, it's the biggest victory for the program this century -- certainly the biggest since 1994 (the last time Duke beat a ranked team) and maybe the biggest since 1971 (the last time Duke beat a ranked team on the road).

It would be a HUGE step towards accomplishing our primary goal this season -- get to six wins and qualify for a bowl.

On the other hand, a loss would not really impact that goal -- none of my realistic scenarios to get to six wins include a victory at Stanford. Take a loss and we shrug and move on ... we have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Like I said, fun

It's kind of like the opposite of the next two weeks. Against NCCU and Memphis, we HAVE to win. I think we will win both games, but a loss in either would be crushing. Those games are nothing to win situations. We have to win to be in position to make the Wake and Virginia games that follow mean something.

I'll enjoy tonight's game. I hope and expect Duke to be competitive, but won't be upset if things don't go our way. The only thing that will really crush me will be if we have the game won and let it get away (like several recent Wake games).
    I think the key if Duke loses, is how do they lose. I think they need to be competitive for a good chunk of the game to keep the confidence up and avoid more injuries. That being said, I think Duke has a great shot to sneak out a win if they can keep it close. The longer the game stays tight the bigger advantage Duke has. Stanford will start playing tight and doubt will creep into their minds. For Duke the confidence will just grow. If this game is tight I like Duke's chances.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

The Pac-12 struck a deal with DISH network. Most immediately, this means that if you have DISH, or a friend has DISH, or a sports bar has DISH, you can see the game tonight. Unknown why Directv was left at the starting gate, but we will see down the road what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    The Pac-12 struck a deal with DISH network. Most immediately, this means that if you have DISH, or a friend has DISH, or a sports bar has DISH, you can see the game tonight. Unknown why Directv was left at the starting gate, but we will see down the road what happens.
    Well my self-centered answer to that is because I have Direct TV so that is why they won't bring it.
    http://www.dukesportsblog.com/

Twitter: @MikeKlineDSB

Facebook: Duke Sports Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Well my self-centered answer to that is because I have Direct TV so that is why they won't bring it.
    Yes, I have Directv as well. Maybe if I stare at a blank screen and wish real hard ...

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I actually DO have DISH network at home. Do you know what channel the game will be on?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I actually DO have DISH network at home. Do you know what channel the game will be on?

Thanks
    Should be on Channel 445 (although I don't have DISH so I can't confirm that).

You might want to confirm the dish recipient has the PAC 12 Bay Area feed, as the regular feed is showing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by mkline09 View Post
    Well, the CAL AD had Directv, and told them that if they didn't get the PAC-12 games she'd change to Comcast. She posted the video on YouTube.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...public-fashion

The Oregon Duck's video, shown below the one mentioned, is pretty cool too!

I ordered the TWC Sports Pass package 30 minutes ago, and it should be active on my system now. I'll cancel it tomorrow, so my 2-day cost will be ~$0.40, there is no set up fee.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Can't believe this thread isn't a mile long. Gametime in 30 minutes!! GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DISH Network

I have DISH Network, but don't see it listed anywhere. I have the PAC12 network on channel 413, but it says OK St. @ Arizona is at 10:30 PM. If anyone knows where to find it on DISH or an online feed, I'd love to watch it.
    http://www.dukeroom.com

“Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.” - Mike Krzyzewski

Quote Originally Posted by graybead View Post
    I have DISH Network, but don't see it listed anywhere. I have the PAC12 network on channel 413, but it says OK St. @ Arizona is at 10:30 PM. If anyone knows where to find it on DISH or an online feed, I'd love to watch it.
    Channel 445 I believe. One of the overflow channels. Of course, I don't have DISH so I can't verify that.

Does Goduke offer PPV?

How long has SnrubChat been offline?

Dish Network

If you have Dish, go to channel 445. Game is on!!!

DIdn't want to break any rules!!!
    Last edited by Dukehky; 09-08-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Not a great start...

What are the site rules on posting online streams? Cause I found one.

EDIT: Nevermind...same one as posted above.