Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    What do regular Panthers watchers think of/about Luke Kuechly?
    I don't know how regular I am , but I think he's done a helluva job since they put him in the middle when Beason went down.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

looks like Rivera might have done just well enough to get another year....i guess it will depend on the new GM...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Rivera back for a 3rd season...don't know how i feel about that....i suppose it could get better...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Rivera back for a 3rd season...don't know how i feel about that....i suppose it could get better...
    Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence as well. I think the fact that it would keep Chudzinski around for another season (assuming he isn't hired away) is a plus. The defense has really been bad the last couple of years, and if they don't do something in the draft or in free agency to improve their pass coverage, it will be another long year. Still, that would be our third DC in three years. Tough to build consistency with that much turnover.

Also, it would be nice to have all three of our stud linebackers healthy at the same time for at least part of a season for a change. Losing guys to IR in the first 2-3 games of the year (or preseason) is getting old. As are our linebackers.

Part of me thinks they should trade DeAngelo while he still has some street value, but that's a tough position to short yourself on, especially if you have proven guys. I think if they let him go it's more about dollars than anything else.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence as well. I think the fact that it would keep Chudzinski around for another season (assuming he isn't hired away) is a plus. The defense has really been bad the last couple of years, and if they don't do something in the draft or in free agency to improve their pass coverage, it will be another long year. Still, that would be our third DC in three years. Tough to build consistency with that much turnover.

Also, it would be nice to have all three of our stud linebackers healthy at the same time for at least part of a season for a change. Losing guys to IR in the first 2-3 games of the year (or preseason) is getting old. As are our linebackers.

Part of me thinks they should trade DeAngelo while he still has some street value, but that's a tough position to short yourself on, especially if you have proven guys. I think if they let him go it's more about dollars than anything else.
    I too am on the fence but because I think mst of our losses were due to play calling and bad management by coaches. However I am a believe of giving NFL coaches 3 years minimum before firing unless they really just deserve it. Not to mention I think the defense has improved a lot due to Rivera

You got it sorta right. Our defense has actually been really good this year (not so much the year before) especially since week 5 I think. We are the 10th best defense overall, 13th against the pass, and 14th against the run so not to bad and that is including our performances before week 5.

I am not so sure I want our focus to be improving pass coverage (Needs to be one of our priorities though) but getting a solid draft after the first round. We really need another wr, ot, g, dt, de, cb, fs and ss (A kicker wouldn't hurt either). Im all for taking the best available in the draft then patching up the rest in FA.

Actually the Panthers were greatly improved once Beason went down and we put Luke in at the middle. I think next year we should keep Luke in the middle with Beason and Davis outside then James Anderson spelling them often. I know you said 3 studs but we got 4 and you also alluded to them being old which they really aren't cause Luke is 21 Beason 27 Davis 29 and Anderson 29. Linebackers are usually ok till around 33 but Davis missed 3 seasons so he doesn't have the wear on his body like most at 29 and Anderson has only been getting real pt the past 4 years.

Totally agree with trading Dwill while he has some value although I doubt we get much in return (4th rd pick maybe 3rd). I disagree though that its a tough thing to shorten up on because it is the only position that we have that is "over stocked". I think Stewart is the better runner and reciever and now we got Tolbert for those occasions when someone needs to be spelled or on goalline plays. RB is the easiest position to find a good backup... other than K or P