Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It seems like I'm writing the same thing over - and over - and over again.

NC State, Ryder Cup, Panthers. What a monumental collapse today.

Just disgusting

well THAT was disappointing...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    well THAT was disappointing...
    https://www.facebook.com/tellcam
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Seriously? Cam is a baby who has to grow up? Rookie of the Year. Now teams are just assaulting him. I mean, did the Panthers really do anything to add protection / value to the team? No. So it's his fault that we're losing games now?

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    Seriously? Cam is a baby who has to grow up? Rookie of the Year. Now teams are just assaulting him. I mean, did the Panthers really do anything to add protection / value to the team? No. So it's his fault that we're losing games now?
    The thing that kills me is that this team is 2 yards away from being 3-2. If they convert on 3rd down vs. the Falcons, they run out the clock. If they score a TD against Seattle, they take the lead with under 2 min to go and Russell Wilson has to get them into FG range, which was unlikely. Had both of those plays gone the other way, we'd be talking about what an offensive genius Chud is and how Carroll is over his head and the Falcons O-Line is suspect. It's a game of inches, for sure, but saying we need to start over is just ridiculous.

That being said, losing pro bowl center Ryan Kalil for the season is a huge, huge blow. Not the news the Panthers needed going into the bye week.
    "There can BE only one."

Wait, so the defense can't return a 2 point conversion for 2 points if there is an interception in the NFL? Don't like that rule.

Confused

I am not a Panthers fan or Bears but this has to be one of the worst defensive series ever in far as scheme. The final series I mean. Chicago did the same thing like 4 out of 6 plays. Short passes to Marshall slanting in. I don't get it try a different defense take that away.

Word is that the GM was fired because the owner did not agree with him about hiring Ron Rivera. So, how safe can the coach's job be when the GM was fired for hiring him?!?!

Carolina and KC are the two teams that are almost certainly the most disappointing this year.

-Jason "that whole 'Cam is the next Mike Vick' thing is not looking so good any more now that Vick sucks" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    I am not a Panthers fan or Bears but this has to be one of the worst defensive series ever in far as scheme. The final series I mean. Chicago did the same thing like 4 out of 6 plays. Short passes to Marshall slanting in. I don't get it try a different defense take that away.
    I didn't get it either. Rivera's explanation was that they wanted to make Chicago "systematically beat us" and keep their receivers in front. Well, congrats. That's exactly what Chicago did. With 2 and a half minutes left, you can't give them 8 yards a play and expect to run the clock out. Carolina manhandled the O Line of Chicago all day, then decided to play not to lose rather than playing to win.

That, and the confusing decision not to attempt a 50 yard field goal with 4 seconds to go in the half, instead opting for a hail mary pass into the end zone, made no sense to me. I know the wind in Chicago is murderous, but with 4 seconds to go, worst case scenario you miss the kick. Odds on a 50+ yard field goal are probably around 50/50, but that's much better than the odds of completing a 40 yrd pass in the end zone.

The Panthers are making a habit out of losing games that they have no business losing. I would rather have had them get their teeth kicked in by Chicago in a game I didn't expect them to win, than play their hearts out and dominate most of the game, leading by 12, only to let the other team score 17 points in the 4th quarter and pull it out. It reminded me a lot of how the UNC/Duke game went, only the Panthers ended their drive waaay to early and gave Chicago a chance, where Duke did not.
    "There can BE only one."

They look like they should be giant bumblebees.

finally a fairly decent game....some good defense and offense...

we start our super bowl run with this game....10-6

sigh....another complete letdown...

New and creative ways to lose.

well....7-9...who gets fired?

who do we get for back up QB?????

well....7-9...who gets fired?

who do we get for back up QB?????
    Probably no one gets fired. Definitely "trending upward" with a 4 game winning streak.

Thad Lewis?!!!!!!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

thad would be an awesome back up ....

Well hopefully nobody gets fired and we do not need another QB.

Strong needs: Left tackle, Corner, Free safety, Strong Safety, Defensive tackle

Minor needs: Wide receiver, Guards

Never have to many: Backup O-line and D-line

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    we do not need another QB.

someone HAS to replace clausen...

someone HAS to replace clausen...
    A 3rd string qb? Most teams don't even dress 3 on game day. Just keep Armanti and he could be the 3rd qb if we truly needed one on Sunday.

Kuechly

What do regular Panthers watchers think of/about Luke Kuechly?