Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chansky on K

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey, art, just remember your password...

(I think it starts something like 9f9f...)

(Newton_14 might have to help me out here with a search to discover where we talked about this a couple weeks ago...)

What a maroon.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Hey, art, just remember your password...

(I think it starts something like 9f9f...)

(Newton_14 might have to help me out here with a search to discover where we talked about this a couple weeks ago...)

You dastardly devil you! Ah the fun we could have! On a serious note, what a tool AC is. To borrow a phrase from Ol Roy, Jim Sumner has more professionalism and ethics in his pinky finger than AC will ever have. Jim loves Duke, but in all the mainstream media articles I have ever read by Jim where UNC was part of the article, I have never even seen a hint of bias directed against UNC. Jim is a true professional who still loves his alma mater, AC is a homer and a joke. Like Doherty, UNC throws him under the bus, and he still drinks the Koolaide daily.

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    Always wonder if Michael Thompson was watching...and if so, what he was thinking when Tricky Nicky was the last body available (with all due respect to Patrick Johnson) to attempt to slow Okafor. Man, I HATE that game - made for a looong two days in San Antonio...
    I have always thought the same thing, including that very night, when I was muttering that Thompson would have made a difference in that game. A big difference. The refs would have likely fouled him out too, but he very well may have gotten us over the top. Nick did the best he could, but was just out-talented that night. Thompson would have had a much better chance out there. And yes JJ got mugged on that last drive, as did Duhon on his last couple of drives. I will never forget JJ's response to the reporter who asked, "Why didn't you guys try putting the ball on the floor and attacking the basket those last 3 minutes vs settling for jumpers?" JJ: "Uh, actually we did that, watch the tape".

Usually, most of what Art Chumpsky says can be dismissed as Carolina nonsense. Every now and then he
    says something relevant, but not too often. Over the years, we've learned to ignore him (although back
    in the 70s when my friends would call into his radio talk show, he was sometimes funny.)

As far as the '04' game is concerned, it is universally agreed that it was poorly officiated, but whether it was
    that biased, I don't remember. Okafor missed a lot of the game with three fouls, and I wasn't sure about those
    either. In the end, for whatever reason, Duke couldn't score in the last three minutes and of course, Okafor
    could do anything he wanted to against Horvath. If it had been called better, I think they still would have won,
    but it's hard to say.
    Last edited by hq2; 08-22-2012 at 11:07 PM.