Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Scratch Matt Ryan off the list. The sharpshooting wing from NY committed to Notre Dame. Good get for Mike Brey.
    Anyone else on your Duke list expected to commit over the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Anyone else on your Duke list expected to commit over the summer?
    Chase Jeter is going to commit the first weekend in August, at the Adidas Nations event in LA.

From the front page:

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/duke-...te-in-chicago/

The Blue Devils are considered to be among the favorites — if not the favorite — in his recruitment. The Rivals.com No. 8 prospect in the Class of 2015 visited Duke in March.
    The article also states what Tommy has already told us, Jeter will decide in early August.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    From the front page:

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/duke-...te-in-chicago/

The article also states what Tommy has already told us, Jeter will decide in early August.
    I wonder how his recruitment has been going and if everything is ok with us. Interesting that he keeps pushing back his planned date of decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Interesting that he keeps pushing back his planned date of decision.
    My perception is Jeter has consistently conveyed early August as his decision timeline.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My perception is Jeter has consistently conveyed early August as his decision timeline.
    And yet... See posts 299, 505, and 509 above.

He has pushed it back due to pressure being brought to bear that has nothing to do with what his choice of school will be. We remain in very good shape here barring a major turn of events, which is very unlikely.

I think today's front page article emphasizes what I said earlier in this thread -- we are all in on Chase Jeter.

He is far and away the major remaining target. Guys like Ellenson, Stone and anybody else you name would be gravy. But if K lands Jeter to go with Kennard and Obi, this is a killer class.

If we miss him, we NEED somebody like Ellenson or Stone to balance the class.

Well, we'll know in a month.

So much for perceptions...I stand corrected.
    Bob Green

Ivan Rabb

247 Sports confirmed today that we offered Ivan Rabb. It would seem we have an outside chance with him from where things stand at the moment. Others we've offered in the '15 class: Chase Jeter, Brandon Ingram, Diamond Stone and Henry Elleson. With Kennard and Obi on board, my worthless prediction is Jeter chooses us, the others choose elsewhere while we work hard to land some of the elite talent in '16.

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    247 Sports confirmed today that we offered Ivan Rabb. It would seem we have an outside chance with him from where things stand at the moment. Others we've offered in the '15 class: Chase Jeter, Brandon Ingram, Diamond Stone and Henry Elleson. With Kennard and Obi on board, my worthless prediction is Jeter chooses us, the others choose elsewhere while we work hard to land some of the elite talent in '16.
    I think Duke misses on Elleson for sure (he's probably staying close to home) and Diamond Stone.

The Rabb offer is interesting, but I think Jeter is a lock and Duke has a good shot on Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I think Duke misses on Elleson for sure (he's probably staying close to home) and Diamond Stone.

The Rabb offer is interesting, but I think Jeter is a lock and Duke has a good shot on Ingram.
    Something tells me UNC gets Ingram. We are in there, but my guess is we have our sites set on Jayson Tatum (also a SF and top 3 overall in '16). I'm not sure our chances would be as good with Winslow and Ingram already on the roster. But that logic is probably flawed since K doesn't have positions - he develops a lineup that gets the best guys on the floor. And you can never have enough wings. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Maker most likely not reclassifying

This really puts a damper on our chance to obtain him. Love his ability to stretch the floor AND play defense.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ll-reclassify/

Quote Originally Posted by conmanlhughes View Post
    This really puts a damper on our chance to obtain him. Love his ability to stretch the floor AND play defense.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ll-reclassify/
    Why does this hurt Duke's chances?

Luke Kennard update

Luke Kennard highlights at AAU National tournament

Brief video, but some impressive ball handling and passing.

The Duke of Ohio

Terrific piece from slamonline

...dominating the Florida Flash in front of his future coach, Mike Krzyzewski, impressing with his ability to guard, crash the glass, finish through contact with his right hand and set teammates up with flashy dimes in transition or on the secondary break.

“I’ve been working on a lot of that stuff—just getting to the basket to create for other players,” Kennard said. “I’m kind of trying to change who I am as a player because I needed to get better at those things for my future"

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Why does this hurt Duke's chances?
    To be somewhat cheesy, it's not us, its them.

The other two major players for Thon Maker's services are generally agreed on to be Kansas and Kentucky, and their front court rotation in 2015-2016 is log jammed right now with very talented players. Meanwhile, we woulf not be quite as log jammed since we will only have Amile, Semi, Sean, and Marshall. Given Duke's system, i believe Maker would fit perfectly in our offense as a giant stretch-4, and on defense he could play either the 4 or 5 depending on what other frontcourt players are playing.

Personally, I like our chances with him. Im sure that airrowe could give you better insight than I do, but I have heard from people who live in Thon Maker's town that he constantly wears Duke and Kentucky gear all over town. A true battle of the blue bloods for the services of a person that will be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Luke Kennard highlights at AAU National tournament

Brief video, but some impressive ball handling and passing.
    Opens with a sweet baseline move, then we see some pretty fancy dribbling for a score. But the behind the head pass at 00:32 was worth the watch all by itself. With his right hand, no less. He's a lefty.

The Duke of Ohio

Terrific piece from slamonline
    Nice find. Thanks for the link. We're going to really like this guy. I hope he decides not to play football this fall.

Opens with a sweet baseline move, then we see some pretty fancy dribbling for a score. But the behind the head pass at 00:32 was worth the watch all by itself. With his right hand, no less. He's a lefty.
    Luke is ambidextrous. He was the offensive football player of the year in his division as a right-handed QB.

http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/...e9cba3992.html

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Luke is ambidextrous.
    How useful is the ability to play underwater basketball though?

[But seriously, good point. He's certainly got good handle from both sides].

He's like a cross between Kyle Singler and Gerald Henderson. Maybe a pinch of DeMarcus Nelson thrown in.