Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 2935
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Summer time and the livin is easy. Fish are a jumpin and the cotton is high. O your Daddy's rich and mom is Sonya Curry....
    One of these mornings,
    You're gonna rise up shooting
    And you'll hit the threes
    And you'll take to the skies . . . .

Summer time and the livin is easy. Fish are a jumpin and the cotton is high. O your Daddy's rich and mom is Sonya Curry....
    So many great versions of that song - Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, etc. but, for some reason, I hear Janis Joplin with Big Bro and the Holding Co as I read the lyrics. Amazing that Gershwin anticipated Sonya Curry...

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Amazing that Gershwin anticipated Sonya Curry...
    I think that is why so many consider George to have been a genius.

I think that we are discussing what one would term "first world problems"

Over? Who said its over?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Just noticed this 2015 Recruiting thread. We must be done with recruiting for 2015 by now. How'd we do?
    Recruiting isn't over until calipari says its over:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ll-at-Kentucky

"Class of 2016 star Isaac Humphries is planning to reclassify to 2015 and enroll at Kentucky in time to play for the Wildcats this season, ...

Humphries is an Australian who has been attending school in Indiana. The 7-foot forward is ranked 43rd in the Class of 2016, according to the 247 Sports composite rankings. He averaged 18.9 points and 11.6 rebounds in last year's FIBA under-17 championships."

Carve it in stone. Ky with the #1 recruiting class and should go undefeated again this year.

Umm. Wait...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

"Class of 2016 star Isaac Humphries is planning to reclassify to 2015 and enroll at Kentucky in time to play for the Wildcats this season, ...

Humphries is an Australian who has been attending school in Indiana. The 7-foot forward is ranked 43rd in the Class of 2016, according to the 247 Sports composite rankings. He averaged 18.9 points and 11.6 rebounds in last year's FIBA under-17 championships."

Carve it in stone. Ky with the #1 recruiting class and should go undefeated again this year.

Umm. Wait...
    The gap between Kentucky and UNC continues to grow. Hard to see anywhere the Heels would have an edge at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Umm. Wait...
    Hmmm...Perhaps that Skal situation hasn't been resolved, and Cal is getting some insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    Hmmm...Perhaps that Skal situation hasn't been resolved, and Cal is getting some insurance.
    Or it could be concern that Alex Poythress is not going to be ready physically after his injury. Humphries actually sounds more like a stretch four than a five ... of course, we now know that Calapari has no idea what a stretch four is!

That's two big concerns for the Wildcats ... but I still have them ranked ahead of UNC going into next season (then again, I also have Virginia, Kansas and Maryland ahead of UNC)

The real question is whether or not Cal's two late additions from the class of 2016 -- Jamal Murray and now Humphries -- vault Kentucky past Duke for the No. 1 recruiting class?

Wow, 2015 recruiting just won't end ...

N.C. State just received a commitment from Maverick Rowan (great first name ... was his mom a Tom Cruise fan or a James Garner fan?). He's a 6-6 shooting guard who previous was ranked No. 30 in the class of 2016. But he has graduated from high school and will reclassify as 2015 -- he'll play for the Pack this season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...lassifies-2015

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    I saw this and was thinking the same thing. I had kind of forgotten the specific issues surrounding Skal, so I was trying to refresh myself.

I noticed in an SBNation article that when Enes Kanter was ineligible he was allowed to stay on campus and continue to practice with the team (they chalked this up to Cal "caring so much").

I know this has probably been mentioned and thoroughly discussed, but I figured there would be regulations preventing this. Especially since Kanter was ineligible due to lack of amateur status.. For example, would it be okay for Kyrie to suit up for Duke at every practice for a year?

I could just be misinterpreting the article, but I thought it was a fair question for the a slow time of year.

Lastly, I'm not trying to start a witch hunt or anything.. Just trying to get a better feel for the rules on this!

The 43rd best player in the 2016 class reclassifying for 2015 is not someone I would expect to have much of an impact on a top 5 team this coming season. Sure, he will play some and is added depth, but I would be surprised if he got more than maybe 5 or so minutes in meaningful games.

-Jason "now, if Skal or Poythress are unavailable, he could play more but I'm not so sure a kid like this would be all that effective against legit competition" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The 43rd best player in the 2016 class reclassifying for 2015 is not someone I would expect to have much of an impact on a top 5 team this coming season. Sure, he will play some and is added depth, but I would be surprised if he got more than maybe 5 or so minutes in meaningful games. ...
    He may have gotten a different impression from cal.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The 43rd best player in the 2016 class reclassifying for 2015 is not someone I would expect to have much of an impact on a top 5 team this coming season. Sure, he will play some and is added depth, but I would be surprised if he got more than maybe 5 or so minutes in meaningful games.

-Jason "now, if Skal or Poythress are unavailable, he could play more but I'm not so sure a kid like this would be all that effective against legit competition" Evans
    No idea where this Humphries kid would have been ranked as a 2015 senior, but Willie Cauley-Stein was ranked #38 in 2012 and as a freshman he played 23.6 mpg for Calipari. Not sure how much that was affected by the Noel injury, or the general suckiness of that particular Kentucky edition, but he played a lot more than 5 mpg is all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    No idea where this Humphries kid would have been ranked as a 2015 senior, but Willie Cauley-Stein was ranked #38 in 2012 and as a freshman he played 23.6 mpg for Calipari. Not sure how much that was affected by the Noel injury, or the general suckiness of that particular Kentucky edition, but he played a lot more than 5 mpg is all I'm saying.
    I think Jason's point was that Humphries was #43 in next year's class. Cauley-Stein was #38 in his own class (2012). Presumably, Humphries' rank would take a hit by moving up a class (like Alex Murphy did, dropping from borderline top-10 in 2012 to just outside the top-40 in 2011).

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think Jason's point was that Humphries was #43 in next year's class. Cauley-Stein was #38 in his own class (2012). Presumably, Humphries' rank would take a hit by moving up a class (like Alex Murphy did, dropping from borderline top-10 in 2012 to just outside the top-40 in 2011).
    Given the weakness of the 2015 class relative to the 2016 class I'm not sure we can make that assumption. Thornton barely dropped after making a similar move, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Given the weakness of the 2015 class relative to the 2016 class I'm not sure we can make that assumption. Thornton barely dropped after making a similar move, if at all.
    DUKE GETS ALL THE CALLS

Thornton on campus in 14 days...

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerryckThornton

"Only 14 more days until I get to Duke.. Can't wait to get out there. #ComingSoon...
    2:53pm - 3 Aug 15"

Thornton on campus in 14 days...

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerryckThornton

"Only 14 more days until I get to Duke.. Can't wait to get out there. #ComingSoon...
    2:53pm - 3 Aug 15"
    Not being able to come in with the other Freshmen may put him behind in being ready at beginning of the season to carry the type of role we need out of him. But finishing up high school was somewhat important to the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    The same was also true for Thon Maker when he temporarily moved into the 2015 class. His ranking didn't change too much from the move. Most experts also pegged Murray to slot in near his 2016 spot in the 2015 class, though he moved up after most final rankings were released so it never became official for those services. Of course, it is possible that only the top of the 2016 class is considered stronger than 2015 as most of the guys moving up have been in the 5-star range. I could very well be that the 4-stars of 2015 are considered strong relative to the 4-stars of 2016 (indicating that the 2016 class has a steep drop off at some point whereas 2015 is flatter), but there's no evidence that this is the case.

Does it seem weird to anyone else that you can decide the first week of August that you are heading to college in two weeks instead of high school?