Page 93 of 147 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2935
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    FIFY.
    Only 136 days to opening kick-off!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Crew would be phenomenal leading the blue team in a shift change, the "Crew crew."

Depending on his attire, he could be "Motley Crew"

Could he also compete in rowing?

If he likes Miley Cyrus or old Burt Reynolds movies: Wrecking Crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And if he visited our tent during FB season, we'd make him an honorary member of the True Blue 'Cue Crew. But, we wouldn't feed him for fear of violating any NCAA regs.
    You all are missing an opportunity. If he attends the football game at Tulane this fall, the locals will call him Krewe.

The Ainge family would be a great addition to the extended Duke family that includes the likes of Calvin Hill, Doug Collins, Dell Curry, Doc Rivers, Bruce Springstein ...

Crew would be phenomenal leading the blue team in a shift change, the "Crew crew."

We have the scholarships available. Sounds like a good kid to bring in.
    I was thinking J. Crew would have been a catchier name than G. Crew. Maybe "if not for the courage of a fearless Crew, the ballgame would be lost. The ballgame would be lost!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Wow! It must be off-season! Android its a long, long time, from April to November.
    Even worse is May to December...but we do get to September...

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Wow! It must be off-season! And its a long, long time, from April to November.
    Something about winning a National Championship makes the off-season wait more pleasant; now there are:

Replays to be watched
    Winning time numbers to be crunched
    Championship gear to be sported
    UNC fans to encounter
    Toasts to be made
    Collective chests to be filled with pride

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Wake me up when September comes.

The Ainge family would be a great addition to the extended Duke family that includes the likes of Calvin Hill, Doug Collins, Dell Curry, Doc Rivers, Bruce Springstein ...

We have the scholarships available. Sounds like a good kid to bring in.
    If Wrecking Crew is involved, I smell a Sting.

Deep

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    2015. For what it's worth - this is what Airowe had to say about this on twitter:

Adam Rowe ‏@BlueDevilLair · 57m57 minutes ago
    “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”
    That is a deepest, most thought-provoking tweet to appear on DBR in a long time!

NCAA Investigates

I can see it now...the NCAA will investigate Duke for having the players wear...Crew Socks.

This is SO true!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Something about winning a National Championship makes the off-season wait more pleasant; now there are:

Replays to be watched
    Winning time numbers to be crunched
    Championship gear to be sported
    UNC fans to encounter
    Toasts to be made
    Collective chests to be filled with pride
    The waiting for next season part is always difficult. However, reading this treasure of a post made me smile and laugh out loud. Words to remember as we collectively scroll through any recruiting news and team updates we can find until next season. It's nice that the emergence of a winning football team (Coach Cut for President!) has made the wait much shorter than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hey, I haven't gotten over Bob Verga getting strep throat prior to the 1966 Final Four.
    Neither have I. Seriously.

ricks

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...s/_/order/true

A big jump for Ingram in ESPN's final rankings.

Not only did he crack the top ten (i think he was 12th), but he made the top 3 and is now ranked as the top SF. Jeter slipped out of the top ten, he's now 11. Kennard is 23.

Kennard seems very low, particularly for what is regarded to be a relatively weak class.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey21 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...s/_/order/true

A big jump for Ingram in ESPN's final rankings.

Not only did he crack the top ten (i think he was 12th), but he made the top 3 and is now ranked as the top SF. Jeter slipped out of the top ten, he's now 11. Kennard is 23.
    An interesting tidbit: there are four uncommitted guys in the top 10, and only three additional uncommitted guys in the rest of the top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Kennard seems very low, particularly for what is regarded to be a relatively weak class.
    Or possibly he's been overrated by Duke fans?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Hmmm...Celtic connections being pursued

Stephen Pagliuca -- Managing Partner
    Danny Ainge -- President of Basketball Operations
    Austin Ainge -- Director of Player Personnel

Clearly working toward luring Brad Stevens as K's successor.
    Not to mention former Celtic coach Doc Rivers! I think you are on to something.

Kennard can fill it up. I am a HUGE fan of his game and expect that he is going to be a thorn in the side of many non-Duke fans. He seems to have the "IT" factor, and I expect that the ranking of 23 will be proven to be too low. I view him as a top 10 guy, but if he plays to the level of a #23 in his class -- that's pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    When the days get short...and we haven't got time for the waiting game.

Brad Stevens

There is a lot of chatter about Brad Stevens hypothetically being Coach K's successor. And that would be amazing.

But it's important to note that Brad Stevens is cruuuuuuuushing it in the NBA right now. He's got a team without a top 50 player (and probably not even a top 75 player), made the playoffs in the weak East as a 7-seed, was something like 9 first round picks in the next 4 years, and lives in an amazing city (I live here too). Plus, he is coaching in the number one league in the world, bar none. Also, he's 38. Stevens is the Golden Boy of the NBA's coaching staff.

So my question is this: why the hell would anyone leave the NBA to coach college ball? It works the other way around (college to the NBA). The only way Brad Stevens comes back to college is if he fails in the NBA. And, given how he's doing great with virtually no talent, I don't see him failing for a while.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    There is a lot of chatter about Brad Stevens hypothetically being Coach K's successor. And that would be amazing.

But it's important to note that Brad Stevens is cruuuuuuuushing it in the NBA right now. He's got a team without a top 50 player (and probably not even a top 75 player), made the playoffs in the weak East as a 7-seed, was something like 9 first round picks in the next 4 years, and lives in an amazing city (I live here too). Plus, he is coaching in the number one league in the world, bar none. Also, he's 38. Stevens is the Golden Boy of the NBA's coaching staff.

So my question is this: why the hell would anyone leave the NBA to coach college ball? It works the other way around (college to the NBA). The only way Brad Stevens comes back to college is if he fails in the NBA. And, given how he's doing great with virtually no talent, I don't see him failing for a while.
    Yeah, I don't see Stevens coming back to college unless he fails at the NBA level. And right now, that's not looking overly likely. Coaching in college is HARD work 12 months a year. Coaching in the NBA is hard work 9 months out of the year. And you don't have to recruit, you just have to coach. I'd be pretty surprised if Stevens comes back to college coaching in the next decade, Duke or anywhere else.